• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Subway jumps in the pizza market with new "Flatizza" flatbread pizzas

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Because "flatbread pizza" was apparently too long, Subway now offers new Flatizzas:

The new menu item basically takes a square of flatbread (i.e. a roughly six-inch flatbread) and tops it with marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, and one of four topping combinations.

The available choices are: Cheese, Pepperoni, Spicy Italian, and Veggie.

The Cheese and Pepperoni are pretty self-explanatory (they're just how they sound), the Spicy Italian adds pepperoni and Genoa salami, while the Veggie is topped with tomatoes, green peppers, olives, and onions.

The price in my area is $3.50 for a single Flatizza or two for $5.00.

Nutritional Info - Subway Cheese Flatizza (157g)
Calories - 390 (from Fat - 140)
Fat - 16g (Saturated Fat - 8g)
Sodium - 810mg
Carbs - 42g (Sugar - 3g)
Protein - 21g

Nutritional Info - Subway Pepperoni Flatizza (181g)
Calories - 500 (from Fat - 230)
Fat - 26g (Saturated Fat - 12g)
Sodium - 1340mg
Carbs - 43g (Sugar - 4g)
Protein - 26g

Nutritional Info - Subway Spicy Italian Flatizza (181g)
Calories - 490 (from Fat - 220)
Fat - 25g (Saturated Fat - 11g)
Sodium - 1290mg
Carbs - 43g (Sugar - 4g)
Protein - 25g

Nutritional Info - Subway Veggie Flatizza (191g)
Calories - 410 (from Fat - 150)
Fat - 17g (Saturated Fat - 8g)
Sodium - 850mg
Carbs - 44g (Sugar - 4g)
Protein - 21g

7GcCQzQ.jpg

120v

i know subway was never truly all that "healthy" like they purport (at least not with all menu items) but doesn't this kind of ruin the point? i might try it, but when i got to subway it's with the intention of keeping it under 400 calories

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Eh, this is probably an even if it's bad it's still kinda good. There are so many other choices for pizza though that are likely much better.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I had some of the cheese one and the veggie one the other day. They surprisingly weren't that bad at all (compared to expectations), definitely better than pretty much any frozen pizza and better than some actual pizza chains. The plain cheese one was preferable.

Can't see these lasting long though. Costs less than an actual sub but the prep time is ridiculously long.

GodofWine

What a horrible, horrible name...

I think flatizza is Italian for flatulence.

I'm Ron Burgundy?

Edit. I'd like them to spend all this r&d and marketing money on just allowing the franchisees to put another 2 pieces of horrible cold cuts on my sandwich

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Can't see these lasting long though. Costs less than an actual sub but the prep time is ridiculously long.

Yeah Quizno's did flatbread pizzas years ago. They were fairly popular but they were a pain to prep, so they ended up getting axed.

tensuke

I've never known anyone to get a pizza at Subway. I doubt it'll start now. But good on them for trying, I guess.

I feel like Subway isn't the kind of place you go in and see what you'll get. I mean, maybe you don't know what kind of sub you'll get, but you go in wanting a sub. You don't walk into a Subway thinking "Hey, I think I'm going to eat here but not get a sandwich."

VanWinkle

I tried this a few days ago. Not very good. The cheese was the biggest culprit. It seemed to either not be real mozzerella or just really bad mozzerella. It showed that it was cooked on the top since you could see the browned spots, but it wasn't remotely melty and you could still see the shreds.

Not the most wretched thing I ever had, but not good.

GulAtiCa

Subway already has pizza though. I actually really like it (guess I'm alone looking at above comments in this view). Never tried this new one though.

Nah, its like this
05-image%2B(1).jpg

Its not good pizza by any stretch of the imagination.

its actually pretty good imo, secretly one of the best things on the subway menu

I tried the flatbread pizza when they first started offering it a while ago, and while it was passable the amount of prep work the poor girl behind the counter needed to go through to make one was way too much so I'm not going to order them anymore.

Konka

Banned
its actually pretty good imo, secretly one of the best things on the subway menu

I tried the flatbread pizza when they first started offering it a while ago, and while it was passable the amount of prep work the poor girl behind the counter needed to go through to make one was way too much so I'm not going to order them anymore.

It's terrible frozen pizza...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom