• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshida confirms $10 back for those who preordered TLOU PS4 on PSN

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I have been tweeting Yosp, Sony and Adam Boyes. Got a reply from Adam that I will be getting a $10 refund in 5-7 days. I see he has responded to a few others on Twitter. Yay!
https://twitter.com/amboyes/status/480561154238861312
I assume this'll go for everyone. This is why I haven't commented on any of this. Another issue handled it 2-3 days. I like this Sony, they're very quick. Oddly enough, the key to making them correct these things that fast is to never get complacent in our complaining. Which I will admit to doing so.

Evo X

I assume this'll go for everyone. This is why I haven't commented on any of this. Another issue handled it 2-3 days. I like this Sony, they're very quick. Oddly enough, the key to making them correct these things that fast is to never get complacent in our complaining. Which I will admit to doing so.

They can't afford to be complacent. They've built a lot of goodwill over the past year. We're the reason the PS4 is the fastest selling console of all time. It would be in their best interest not to screw us over a $10 refund.

coolasj19

They can't afford to be complacent. They've built a lot of goodwill over the past year. We're the reason the PS4 is the fastest selling console of all time. It would be in their best interest not to screw us over a $10 refund.
Exactly. It's the little things that add up that think are largely important. Stuff like Killzone, Driveclub, and now this. It's why I refrained from posting because my comment would've been something along the lines of "Stop complaining, they'll fix it" but that's not constructive to telling them they need to fix it.

Someone make a new thread for the new news please. I'm on mobile, it'd be a hassle. Don't forget an image of the tweet.
Is that just for you or all PSN preorders. I'm not terribly butthurt over $10, but if this is how things are going I will just call it my stupid tax and never give them pre-order money again.
What's the most sensible answer to this question? Boyes dug up his PSN, called it into corporate, and ordered specifically those people refunds? Or it's a thing that's going to happen to everyone?

Kelsey

Banned
Good to see I'll be getting 10 bucks back from Good Guy Sony. I pre-ordered this on PSN the first day it was available. I wondered what they'd do when the MSRP changed, but I wasn't really worried. Glad to see my confidence wasn't misplaced. Now put Diablo 3 up for pre-order and I'll put the 10 bucks towards that.

This. I never pre-order digital copies of games.

Doing so netted me 10 dollars during the most recent PSN promotion where you spend X amount of money and they give you back 10. So when all is said and done, I'm getting the game for 40.

Is that just for you or all PSN preorders. I'm not terribly butthurt over $10, but if this is how things are going I will just call it my stupid tax and never give them pre-order money again.

Should cover anyone who Pre-ordered The Last of Us Remastered. It seems like the decision to make it $50 instead of $60 was very recent, so I wouldn't expect this very much in the future.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I don't get why they're doing non-refundable prepurchases instead of preorders you can cancel with no money down until day of release like SCEE....

Kei-

thats cool but still nothing if ps3 psn owners get some kind of discount?

Being a PS3 owner of a digital copy of Last of Us, don't see why we would or should. It's no different from a GOTY edition, if anything, more work has gone into this one, and people have to pay all over for GOTY editions even if they owned the original release.

I mean it would be nice if we got some kind of discount, but it doesn't make any sense really.

Would it even be legal for them not to refund the $10?

I'm not sure why people even questioned it, in the video game world we are living in now if a PR guy says something wrong everybody freaks out. Sony wasn't going to actually short change thousands of people $10.

wait... you can preorder digital download games on consoles now?

Still never really understood why people would preorder digital downloaded games unless its a good discount on greenmangaming... but consoles at full price?

And if its for preorder bonuses, psn does tend to have you get the bonus if its the first week of purchase for i think first party stuff? i forget.

Still never really understood why people would preorder digital downloaded games unless its a good discount on greenmangaming... but consoles at full price?

And if its for preorder bonuses, psn does tend to have you get the bonus if its the first week of purchase for i think first party stuff? i forget.

It didn't make much sense to me in the past - but once the preload titles start hitting it'll be very tempting to preorder so I can download the game and play the minute it unlocks, like I do on Steam

In Canada PSN doesn't charge sales tax so I save a cool $11.10 from buying digital versus a new retail game. Pre-loading I guess? Though that doesn't start until Destiny releases.

coolasj19

Split bump. Thanks for the alert coolasj19. :)
:)
It's sad that this question was up in the air in the first palce
Some clarification. Sad from who? That anyone assumed they wouldn't? Or that Sony didn't declare (or anticipate) this ahead of time? I think prices started dropping page Friday in the US. Hell, I don't know if these things get announcements, but the price drop itself hasn't even been announced. Anyway, this just means the price will drop to $30 even quicker. I'll pick it up during a Black Friday sale. I'm still having an internal discussion of whether this is one of the special cases where I need to break my all-digital thing for this Gen. Metal Gear Ground Zeroes already did that. Uncharted 4 is next. Dunno, I'll just mark this down as another point for Quick Sony.
I don't get why they're doing non-refundable prepurchases instead of preorders you can cancel with no money down until day of release like SCEE....
I prefer this. What's the point of pre-ordering if I can't actually pay it off? The point of me personally pre-ordering is to put that money in a piggybank that I can't open. Or rather, I'd rather pre-purchase than pre-order.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Wtf at pre ordering a digital release, anyway. Especially when you're charged immediately. I understand maybe doing it the day before for preload but months?

Wtf at pre ordering a digital release, anyway. Especially when you're charged immediately. I understand maybe doing it the day before for preload but months?

If you are planning to buy it anyway and you have the free cash, what does it matter. For me it allows me to space out the purchases instead of having a big wallet busting month come the holidays. I guess the same could apply for physical purchases, but I just like the convenience.

For a hot second i was like...

SlimyBlackIndianelephant.gif

If you are planning to buy it anyway and you have the free cash, what does it matter. For me it allows me to space out the purchases instead of having a big wallet busting month come the holidays. I guess the same could apply for physical purchases, but I just like the convenience.
TLOU is a known quantity, but what about other games?

I just don't like throwing money at promises.
its highly unlikely but say, TLOU remaster ended up running like ass, what then? It's not like preorder goodies are any good, why not just wait?

And there are billions of free and paid different ways to budget stuff real easily.

Why does it matter?

I've changed my mind about things I've preordered before.

I remember when PS4 games first became preorder-able on the PS3. I was all in on the Cerny and launch hype so I preordered Knack like an idiot. The more I saw of the game in the coming months, the less excited I was for it. I think I could've gotten the preorder moved to something else if I kept calling Sony to allow me to do it, but I didn't bother for whatever reason, but that's one of the reasons why preordering online can be a bad idea.

Wait until you're 100% sure you want the game, then wait a bit more, then preorder it or just wait for reviews and impressions then buy it.

LegoArmo

I've changed my mind about things I've preordered before.

I remember when PS4 games first became preorder-able on the PS3. I was all in on the Cerny and launch hype so I preordered Knack like an idiot. The more I saw of the game in the coming months, the less excited I was for it. I think I could've gotten the preorder moved to something else if I kept calling Sony to allow me to do it, but I didn't bother for whatever reason, but that's one of the reasons why preordering online can be a bad idea.

Wait until you're 100% sure you want the game, then wait a bit more, then preorder it or just wait for reviews and impressions then buy it.

It's The Last of Us. One of the best reviewed games of all time, that I missed out on first time around. Not Knack.

I'm pretty sure I want the game.

MavFan619

Banned
I was double dipping at full price with no shame, but this is the right move even if it's the obvious move to make. Good stuff and can't wait to replay TLoU all over.

MavFan619

Banned
The games I have preordered digitally I'm 100% certain I want, securing them now is fine with me. I know it's not the same for everyone but I know in the case of Destiny (and TLoU) and Bloodborne I don't want even the remote chance of not being there playing day 1.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
This has happened on a couple of digital copies on the EU store for PS4 (I think NFS was one that affected me). To be fair to Sony they refunded the difference straight after the price change (which happened on the games release day).

Katsa

Banned
Nice. I was expecting for this to happen at one point or another. It would be horrible PR not to do so, not to mention unfair for those who pre-ordered.

I've been wondering this myself. It's why I haven't sold my PS3 copy yet.

It's why I haven't pre ordered it yet. I own the ps3 digital copy.

They said they were going to look into doing something, which sounded reassuring....but nothing has come of it yet.

Somebody should tweet yosp

mrklaw

MrArseFace
It's why I haven't pre ordered it yet. I own the ps3 digital copy.

They said they were going to look into doing something, which sounded reassuring....but nothing has come of it yet.

Somebody should tweet yosp

same. digital version + DLC. I'm hoping for some kind of deal - but you'd think they would announce that before preorders, otherwise some of those people that have already preordered are going to need refunding again.

Top Bottom