• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinda Funny Community Thread | The Fire Rises, Brother!

justinluey

Neo Member
yeah..unfortunately Twitch iOS app doesn't make it easy to watch archived streams easily...someone should let them know, but now that they have bought by Amazon, who knows?

I'm not the type of person to assume the worst or question motives, but it's 2015 and they are owned by Amazon, so it's hard to believe they don't have the resources to offer a full featured service. Even their web site makes it difficult to find past content.

I think Twitch is a fine choice for their live broadcasts, but they should handle their own archives. 'Colin and Greg Live' should also be a podcast.

justinluey

Neo Member
I have but it is very cumbersome: copy the link to the channel, open mobile browser, go to the archived stream (while viewing twitch channel in desktop mode), then play....yea...

I've tried that on the iPad and the archive page won't even load when you select "Desktop" and on the Wii U browser the page loads, but the videos won't play.

Leependi

I'm liking the KF stuff so far but there's plenty of room for improvement.

One of the things that's been bugging me is how much their content is advertised/spammed on Twitter. I understand it on the KindaFunny account but I don't really think it's necessary to have every video linked to from Colin and Greg's accounts as well.

Something else I hope they start doing more of is taking letters, questions etc from the viewers. It was always one of my favourite parts of Beyond and KF doesn't really have anything like that yet. Greg mentioned this on the live thing the other day so I assume they'll work something out soon.

Finally, having special guests on the GOG show is cool and all, but I'm not sure a guest is needed every week. Would be cool to space it out a bit so every now and then we get a week where it's just the four of them, would also make having a special guest more special.

Sorry if this sounded all negative, just meant as some constructive criticism.

MattyG

Banned
I'm watching it now. Greg subbed to the thread and Colin made an account? FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC.

Verify that shit, Bish.

Choomp

Banned
I'm watching it now. Greg subbed to the thread and Colin made an account? FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC.

Verify that shit, Bish.

Sweet! This is great! Hope to see them around. Missed the show due of lack of Internet, but I'll watch the archive.

Did I get a mention? I'm the one who tweeted it to Greg y'know. :)

MattyG

Banned
Awesome idea!
Thanks!

Just so you guys know, I'm going to try to post these daily video lists around 4-5 PM EST every week day. I'll be putting it in the bottom of the OP as well. Obviously you can find all these videos on their channels, but I thought it might be nice to have links to them all in one place!

Thanks!

Just so you guys know, I'll probably do these daily video lists around 4-5 PM EST every week day. I'll be putting it in the bottom of the OP as well. Obviously you can find all these videos on their channels, but I thought it might be nice to have links to them all in one place!

Thanks. It's hard for me to find all the content sometimes so it's nice to have it collected in one place like this :)

Choomp

Banned

Yup.

MORENO-TEARS.gif

I'm liking the KF stuff so far but there's plenty of room for improvement.

One of the things that's been bugging me is how much their content is advertised/spammed on Twitter. I understand it on the KindaFunny account but I don't really think it's necessary to have every video linked to from Colin and Greg's accounts as well.

Something else I hope they start doing more of is taking letters, questions etc from the viewers. It was always one of my favourite parts of Beyond and KF doesn't really have anything like that yet. Greg mentioned this on the live thing the other day so I assume they'll work something out soon.

I agree with some of your points - I also hope they take some letters/emails from viewers. It's a good way to connect even further with the community and answer questions that often lots of others may have as well.

I can see how it's annoying that they constantly retweet everything from everyone's various accounts, but I can also definitely see why they do it. Greg just hit 200k followers on Twitter, Colin's got about 95k, but the KindaFunny Twitter account only has about 30k followers. It's an easy way to get advertisement out to people who don't follow KindaFunny. I imagine in time (a long time, likely) that the repeat tweets might taper off.

MattyG

Banned
Devolver Digital and Twitch.tv are hosting a screening of World 1-1, the Lighthouse Pictures documentary following the rise of Atari, which just so happens to feature Kinda Funny's own Colin Moriarty! Tune in at 2:15 PT/4:15 CT/5:15 ET!

Our passion for video games and film came together to create a movie about the pioneers that brought to life such an amazing medium.
Before we were able to start, we (Daryl Rodriguez and Jeanette Garcia) had no money and chose to use Kickstarter for help. After 30 days of reaching out to people via emails, phone conversations and Skype interviews, we achieved our Kickstarter funding goal with the help of our backers, family, and friends. Less than one year later, we were able to complete the film.
World 1-1 is an independent documentary on the early history of video games. The personalities of the pioneers, the creations of the engineers, and the challenges, technology and business deals. See the games and hear the stories from the creators themselves.
This is the story of how Atari helped create the games industry years before it should have happened. World 1-1 follows the lucky deals and unfortunate mistakes that almost destroyed the entire industry just as quickly as it was born.

Trailer
Stream

One thing I'm really hoping they do is further dividing their Youtube channel into playlists. I would really love to be able to watch all of the videos for Multiplayer Mondays, Teaching Tuesdays, etc. in one go, rather than having to look for each episode from each week in the general "Let's Play" playlist.

I realize it's a first world problem, but I feel that it would give these individual series some continuity.

Choomp

Banned
I know it's too late but just for the hell of it:

Kinda Funny Community Offical Thread l Starring Jim Carrey as Spiderman

Fun story, my topic got picked for the latest season of a conversation with Colin, the review embargo one and Greg absolutely butchered my name loool. I guess it is hard to pronounce it without hearing it first.

But it's cool getting to interact with people you watch everyday in some little way <3

Holy shit at Tim and Greg playing Criminal Girls

Wtf is with that game? LOL. Jeeez

"But you're the pure one"
"I'm also a nasty motherfucker"
O_O

ibwPbZ4F3iv4c6.png

I know I'm hella late but the kinda funny community thread shout out at the beginning of the stream today was really cool. Can't believe Colin is making a gaf account. We should bug Tim and Nick to make an account as well.

My god. That was amazing lol

I wonder if Panda made this new video at the same time he made The GameOverGreggy Show intro, because they share moments like the Beauty and the Beast ballroom scene and The Little Mermaid scene. It's either that, or he recycled those moment into this new video. One things for certain, Tim was much luckier with the princesses in The GameOverGreggy Show intro than he was in this video. Yikes!

MattyG

Banned
Where do I find the Patreon exclusive episodes? I pleged to both pages today, and they posted something on Google+ about the exclusive episodes being up, but I don't see them anywhere on the Patreon pages. I can see other Patreon exclusives like the December episode and the January episode, but I can't find the new ones.

Where do I find the Patreon exclusive episodes? I pleged to both pages today, and they posted something on Google+ about the exclusive episodes being up, but I don't see them anywhere on the Patreon pages. I can see other Patreon exclusives like the December episode and the January episode, but I can't find the new ones.

All of their episodes should end up under here:

Kinda Funny Games:

https://www.patreon.com/kindafunnygames?ty=c

Kinda Funny:

https://www.patreon.com/kindafunny?ty=c

Make sure you're logged in. You can access it by going to their main Patreon page and clicking the "Creations" tab. It's not totally clear, took me a while to figure that out

MattyG

Banned
All of their episodes should end up under here:

Kinda Funny Games:

https://www.patreon.com/kindafunnygames?ty=c

Kinda Funny:

https://www.patreon.com/kindafunny?ty=c

Make sure you're logged in. You can access it by going to their main Patreon page and clicking the "Creations" tab. It's not totally clear, took me a while to figure that out
Huh, that's weird. I looked there, the last thing I see posted is the Valentine's video. Maybe it isn't showing it because I just pleged today? And for past episodes, I can only see MP3 versions. Weird.

MattyG

Banned
It should be instant.

Does this link work for you?

https://www.patreon.com/creation?hid=1688991

This is what I see under their creations
Nah, it just redirects me to the main Patreon page. Both pages are under my "currently supporting" list on the home page. My card hasn't been charged yet, and in the FAQs it says that they don't charge until the first of the month, so maybe I won't be able to see the videos until March 1st or something.

Nah, it just redirects me to the main Patreon page. Both pages are under my "currently supporting" list on the home page. My card hasn't been charged yet, and in the FAQs it says that they don't charge until the first of the month, so maybe I won't be able to see the videos until March 1st or something.

Hmmm, it's possible. I thought you got the content instantly but maybe not. Give it a few days, then maybe try reaching out to them. I wonder if they'll check the thread

Edit: Just had a thought - how much did you pledge?

MattyG

Banned
Hmmm, it's possible. I thought you got the content instantly but maybe not. Give it a few days, then maybe try reaching out to them. I wonder if they'll check the thread

Edit: Just had a thought - how much did you pledge?
I'm waiting to get paid, so I only pleged a dollar each for now. I'm going to up it to $5, $10 or $15 tier once I have more money, but I just wanted to get in now so I could see the Gary Witta and Persona episodes.

It probably is just a matter of waiting though. Maybe by monday it'll have sorted itself out.

I'm waiting to get paid, so I only pleged a dollar each for now. I'm going to up it to $5 or $10 once I have the money, but I just wanted to do it now so I could see the Gary Witta and Persona episodes.

From their Patreon page:

i281P29P3oCvJ.png

$1 gets you the exclusive episode, but you need $5 to get the MP3 early and $10 for the video early.

I am thinking that even though the episode is "live" right now that's only for the people who get it *early*. It might not be out for everyone else until Monday

Edit: Yeah I just double checked, both the Persona and Whitta podcasts are "next weeks episodes". The backers of $5/$10 just get them a bit early.

Top Bottom