• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 GIF time!

I actually agree with you. Nintendo isn't going to blow away Sony and Microsoft or capture the core gamers just with HD versions of their same franchises, a tablet, and PS360 ports like a lot of Nintendo fanatics seem to think. That doesn't really matter much to me though, since I'm a multiplatform owner.

The reason I said I just need Smash Bros and a 3D Mario is because I was just speaking personally. I'd love to say that Retro's new game, the 3rd party exclusives, and whatever new IPs pop up would sell the show to me as well. But I'm not convinced that they will. Most of Nintendo's new IPs don't interest me in the slightest. And the new 2D Mario will likely be very underwhelming just like the rest of the NSMB games.

Smash Bros and 3D Marios are all I can really count on to get me pumped for sure. Maybe Mario Kart as well.
Animal Crossing can suck it though.
I guess it's just low expectations.

I hear you cos, though I'm a big Animal Crosser myself.

Let me do small tasks to pay my rent please.

I'll do anything.

Grok4Spock

Frankly I'm pretty grossed out at the idea that the way for Nintendo to blow Microsoft and Sony out of the water is to have the same cycle of sequels they have every console generation without showing any real progress in gameplay or creativity - virtues that we have seen less and less frequently from them with each passing generation despite a new gimmick with every platform release (although obviously each console provides some masterful titles that are too far apart).

I just don't see how people can get THAT excited about another 3D Zelda, another Smash Brothers, another Mario Kart, another Animal Crossing despite the highs of each series and then act like they FINALLY UNDERSTAND THE CORE GAMER!

If that is the case Nintendo should just res-up all the previous generations hits call it a day, it seems to make up a vast majority of their first party output anyway.

Ooh!! I want to play this game too...

Sony
Frankly I'm pretty grossed out at the idea that the way for Sony to blow Microsoft and Nintendo out of the water is to have the same cycle of sequels they have every console generation without showing any real progress in gameplay or creativity - virtues that we have seen less and less frequently from them with each passing generation despite a new gimmick copied from Nintendo with every platform release (although obviously each console provides some masterful titles that are too far apart).

I just don't see how people can get THAT excited about another Uncharted, another Killzone, another Gran Turismo, another God Of War despite the highs of each series and then act like they WILL ALWAYS BE MARKET LEADER!

If that is the case Sony should just res-up all the previous generations hits call it a day, it seems to make up a vast majority of their first party output anyway.

Microsoft
Frankly I'm pretty grossed out at the idea that the way for Microsoft to blow Sony and Nintendo out of the water is to have the same cycle of sequels they have every console generation without showing any real progress in gameplay or creativity - virtues that we have seen less and less frequently from them with each passing generation despite a new gimmick indirectly copied from Nintendo with every platform release (although obviously each console provides some masterful titles that are too far apart).

I just don't see how people can get THAT excited about another Halo, another Gears Of War, another Forza, another Alan Wake despite the highs of each series and then act like they OWN THE EXPANDED AUDIENCE!

If that is the case Microsoft should just res-up all the previous generations hits call it a day, it seems to make up a vast majority of their first party output anyway.

Neiteio

Nintendo-wise, I'm not excited about any of the expected sequels (Mario, Zelda, etc), so much as I'm excited to see Nintendo possibly bring back some long-dead franchises (F-Zero, Wave Race, Star Fox, etc). We're guaranteed at least one in the form of Pikmin, which is exciting and makes them win E3 by default for me. ALSO: Nintendo titles, finally in HD. And on a new console, with new gameplay possibilities.

Now Sony, I don't have the kind of love for their franchises that I do for Nintendo (even if I play my PS3 more, LOL). So with Sony, I like to see what they bring to the table that's completely new. And, uh, I can't really get excited for that until they're actually unveiled because I obviously can't imagine what they might be until they show 'em!

EDIT: To the dude above, an Alan Wake 2 would be AWESOME. The franchise has only had two games, and quite different ones at that. So shut yo whore mouth! *shakes fist*

Ooh!! I want to play this game too...

Sony
Frankly I'm pretty grossed out at the idea that the way for Sony to blow Microsoft and Nintendo out of the water is to have the same cycle of sequels they have every console generation without showing any real progress in gameplay or creativity - virtues that we have seen less and less frequently from them with each passing generation despite a new gimmick copied from Nintendo with every platform release (although obviously each console provides some masterful titles that are too far apart).

I just don't see how people can get THAT excited about another Uncharted, another Killzone, another Gran Turismo, another God Of War despite the highs of each series and then act like they WILL ALWAYS BE MARKET LEADER!

If that is the case Sony should just res-up all the previous generations hits call it a day, it seems to make up a vast majority of their first party output anyway.

Microsoft
Frankly I'm pretty grossed out at the idea that the way for Microsoft to blow Sony and Nintendo out of the water is to have the same cycle of sequels they have every console generation without showing any real progress in gameplay or creativity - virtues that we have seen less and less frequently from them with each passing generation despite a new gimmick indirectly copied from Nintendo with every platform release (although obviously each console provides some masterful titles that are too far apart).

I just don't see how people can get THAT excited about another Halo, another Gears Of War, another Forza, another Alan Wake despite the highs of each series and then act like they OWN THE EXPANDED AUDIENCE!

If that is the case Microsoft should just res-up all the previous generations hits call it a day, it seems to make up a vast majority of their first party output anyway.

Man I love this time of year.

I've never seen the ending, but the parts I've seen (most of the film, from the beginning) is rather well done, yes. Very surreal and campy, though.

If it helps, IIRC Jim Henson had a hand in it.

Yeah great kids movie that stays with you because most of it is pretty messed up especially as you get older and understand more if it

MYE

Frankly I'm pretty grossed out at the idea that the way for Nintendo to blow Microsoft and Sony out of the water is to have the same cycle of sequels they have every console generation without showing any real progress in gameplay or creativity - virtues that we have seen less and less frequently from them with each passing generation despite a new gimmick with every platform release (although obviously each console provides some masterful titles that are too far apart).

I just don't see how people can get THAT excited about another 3D Zelda, another Smash Brothers, another Mario Kart, another Animal Crossing despite the highs of each series and then act like they FINALLY UNDERSTAND THE CORE GAMER!

If that is the case Nintendo should just res-up all the previous generations hits call it a day, it seems to make up a vast majority of their first party output anyway.

are you kidding me?

MYE

T8Nic.gif

Haha perfect

Top Bottom