• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Gravijah said:
You can have a group of 6 Pokemon with pickup, they don't have to be the lead. I have a bunch of Linoone I use.
This is exactly what I was expecting. Now I just have to breed five more teddiursa with the ability.:lol

thanks

JosM88 said:
This is exactly what I was expecting. Now I just have to breed five more teddiursa with the ability.:lol

thanks
Ohh I didn't know about this detail as well. Damn it Gamefreak! You just had to make every fucking mechanic in this game to be some sort of OCD game?!

Gravijah

Metroid Killer said:
No problem
Well I knew about pick-up but didn't think about the fact that you can have a full party of pick-up. It's just so tedious to level up so many otherwise useless pokemon :p

I cheated and rare candied a Linoone in Emerald, then proceeded to clone him 5 times. :D

eosos

Banned
So here's my current roster
Gyrados
Charmeleon(almost charizard)
Alakazam
Dragonair(Soon to be Dragonite)
After that I have two spots left. I have no idea what to fill them with, any suggestions?

Gravijah

eosos said:
So here's my current roster
Gyrados
Charmeleon(almost charizard)
Alakazam
Dragonair(Soon to be Dragonite)
After that I have two spots left. I have no idea what to fill them with, any suggestions?

Bibarel (GOGO HM SLAVE) and... Gengar! Ampharos! Jolteon! I dunno, those are just my suggestions.

Metroid Killer said:
Ok got Dusk Stones if you need some, 2 for Hex and 1 for JGR, I'll be heading to the union room.

Edit: Ok leaving the room, since you guys haven't check the thread :lol I'm ready anytime though.
Wow dude. Thanks. I'm at work for another 2 hours though.

Since I grinded the Stamina course, I'll pay your generocity forward by getting a Metal Coat for anyone who needs it here.

Also, I need to try that pickup thing.

Jet Grind Radio! said:

Since I grinded the Stamina course, I'll pay your generocity forward by getting a Metal Coat for anyone who needs it here.

2.. hours... I probably wont be on by that time heh. It's almost 5 in the morning, I don't know why the fuck I'm sitting in front of my computer really... The birds are starting singing outside... shit

Gravijah

Metroid Killer said:
2.. hours... I probably wont be on by that time heh. It's almost 5 in the morning, I don't know why the fuck I'm sitting in front of my computer really... The birds are starting singing outside... shit

5 in the AM... Where do ya live?

Denmark :D

It's weekend and my girlfriend is at her parents in another city, so I'm living the stupid bachelor life :lol
Being up late and playing pokemon basically =p

Gravijah

Metroid Killer said:
Denmark :D

It's weekend and my girlfriend is at her parents in another city, so I'm living the stupid bachelor life :lol
Being up late and playing pokemon basically =p

I hope you can cook more than ramen.

Metroid Killer said:
Aw phooey. I get off at midnight here. Which is late enough. D:

eosos

Banned
Jet Grind Radio! said:

ZOMG I need a metal coat!!! It can make my onix good!!! :D :D :D Need anything in return?

JoeFu

Banned
116ksd1.jpg
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FINALLY DLFKJS:LKGJHS:LKDFJHS:LKGJ:LSkgjf

FOUND A !!! AND IT CAPTURED HER AND STUFF AND SHE HAD SURF!!!

just realized she's impish :(

DarkKyo

Holy shit. Help!
I just encountered this in the safari zone...
shinymisdreavus.jpg

Now.. I'm not a Safari Zone master, wtf do I do to get this guy without making him run?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Dechaios said:
Holy shit. Help!
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii103/dechaios/shinymisdreavus.jpg[IMG]

Now.. I'm not a Safari Zone master, wtf do I do to get this guy without making him run?[/QUOTE]

If it's the first time you've encountered a Mismagius, I'd just throw the Safari Ball. The first time you encounter one kind of Pokemon I've found it almost always doesn't "fit" with what you learn of that species later on, and you have a high chance of catching it...

If it doesn't run, or if it isn't the first time, I'd Bait -> Mud -> Safari Ball.

I've found Pokemon of the same species usually have a normal "tolerance". Pokeballs = -0.5, Bait = +1, and Mud = -1. You have to get a feel for what that species starting "level" is, and what its tolerance is to run away. Usually through trial and error, although there are a couple that don't fit in with the rest of that Pokemon you encounter...

Of course I may not know wtf I'm talking about. :lol Good luck though.

Kurtofan

Dechaios said:
Holy shit. Help!
[IG]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii103/dechaios/shinymisdreavus.jpg[/IMG]

Now.. I'm not a Safari Zone master, wtf do I do to get this guy without making him run?
Start praying.

DarkKyo

Hmm.. thanks for advice. I've asked this on a couple forums, trying to get some kind of general notion to go with before I act.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Oh man. A shiny in the Safari Zone is pretty much the worst possible "FUCK YOU" that you can be dealt in Pokemon.

At any rate, it was a weeklong on-and-off struggle, but I finally have a handle on reliably manipulating the roaming legendaries' stats. At the moment, a Timid all-31 Latias happens to be cruising around the Kanto countryside, waiting for me to capture it at my leisure.

Now to get to work on the other two.

trinest

JoeFu said:
116ksd1.jpg
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FINALLY DLFKJS:LKGJHS:LKDFJHS:LKGJ:LSkgjf

FOUND A !!! AND IT CAPTURED HER AND STUFF AND SHE HAD SURF!!!

just realized she's impish :(
Every time I try and get the amount of volts needed I always get normal ones :( I'm annoyed.

trinest

While we are speaking about the Safari Zone, really what is the best way to catch Pokemon- I usually just throw balls and occasionally bate- I know there would be science to it, like every bloody other thing in Pokemon these days so...

eosos said:
How do I get a thunderstone for eevee?
Metroid Killer said:
Yellow Forest on Pokewalker 6000 steps. Or at the Pokeathlon Thursdays (post E4 it'll be available lots of days)
Also those phone NPCs will give evolution stones out randomly. I just got a Thunder Stone last night from Lass Dana on the route that leads to Olivine City, and that school kid on route 36 has given me two Fire Stones.

Kurtofan

Azure Phoenix said:
Also those phone NPCs will give evolution stones out randomly. I just got a Thunder Stone last night from Lass Dana on the route that leads to Olivine City, and that school kid on route 36 has given me two Fire Stones.
One time my mother bought me a moon stone too.

Echoes said:
Seems to be a Japanese event Eevee.

I have no idea what to do with it.

How the hell do you keep on coming across all these shinies that you don't even want? I've racked up at least 30 hours breeding Eevee and Oddish for a shiny without even finding one with decent IVs and nature, let alone a shiny.

Top Bottom