• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Number45

Sounds like I need to get an Outbreak Prime before I do the Nightfall. Is it really that huge of a difference?
This is actually a good shout. I infused mine to 400 and haven't really used it since as it displaces Dark Drinker in the raid.

That + the raid arms and a good heavy should help a great deal. Shame it doesn't have Icarus!

Arrrammis

Thanks for the quick and easy NF runs guys!

Also, No Time To Explain just wrecks the tank and Sepiks, and you never have to reload!

Anyone want to group up for DRL or heroic strikes? Chat party is open!

Mindlog

^^^ I upgraded my NTTE to explain specifically for this mission and just forgot to equip it. I'm going to have to purge some other weapons soon to make transferring quicker.

Died a lot. Rusty.
Also got a lot of strange coins. Neat.

Was fun though. Thanks for the clears team.

Not to be "that guy" but the WoTM raid scout is probably the best for the tank and sepiks: same sort of concept of the NTTE but extra fallen damage.

That being said, NTTE is awesome and I should really level up mine as well.

Dthomp

whats the best way to level your light up. im currently at 365 and seem to be stagnant

Siva strike list for blues up to 385, lots after that. Crucible, SRL (While you can), NF, Raid, IB, etc. Somebody will post the picture but I don't have it

bigJP

Siva strike list for blues up to 385, lots after that. Crucible, SRL (While you can), NF, Raid, IB, etc. Somebody will post the picture but I don't have it

i've been running siva strikes but with very low luck. keep getting blues at 365. or i end up with afk teammates.

Shiv47

Thanks for the quick and easy NF runs guys!

Also, No Time To Explain just wrecks the tank and Sepiks, and you never have to reload!

Anyone want to group up for DRL or heroic strikes? Chat party is open!

^^^ I upgraded my NTTE to explain specifically for this mission and just forgot to equip it. I'm going to have to purge some other weapons soon to make transferring quicker.

Died a lot. Rusty.
Also got a lot of strange coins. Neat.

Was fun though. Thanks for the clears team.
Yeah, thanks for the runs, those were very smooth. I forgot to grab the bounty on my warlock, so I'll have to run it again later, but at least it's a fairly easy one this week.

For some reason it really rubs me the wrong way that they went from:
letting you buy Y2 versions of "discovered" Y1 exotics via the kiosks
to making you unlock them again via missions in Y3,
and now they just bless you with "a chance to earn" the Ice Breaker... What a load of BS.

Shiv47

For some reason it really rubs me the wrong way that they went from:
letting you buy Y2 versions of "discovered" Y1 exotics via the kiosks
to making you unlock them again via missions in Y3,
and now they just bless you with "a chance to earn" the Ice Breaker... What a load of BS.

Bungie thinks they keep people playing by tying loot to bullshit RNG like this, but anyone who cares enough to try getting IB is likely going to be the type who would have kept playing anyway. Everyone else already quit the game.

Dthomp

Bungie thinks they keep people playing by tying loot to bullshit RNG like this, but anyone who cares enough to try getting IB is likely going to be the type who would have kept playing anyway. Everyone else already quit the game.

I want an Ice Breaker again :(

Nightfall this week is way easier than last week. I think I just did it on all my characters in less time than 1 run last week.

Edit: *sigh* No Ice Breaker again this week. I did get a Badger CCL with CC and Explosive rounds. Anyone know if that is good for shank killing in the raid?

Yeah, I was one of those people who kept playing anyway pretty much throughout all of Y2, trying to get godrolls and grinding grimoire score just for fun.
But RoI broke me, I guess. Having to re-earn Y1 gear was just one part of it. Stuff like (secretly? probably?) hotfixing the faction vendor LL cap back in during launch week and then capping it below max, without warning, for HM raid time was just infuriating, taking the fun out of it for me.
Then came the milking of collector/completionist personas via constant new bungie store emblems, everest treasures and such, it was too much too fast. Not to mention dumb stuff like "a chance to get a shader with a key that you already have a low chance to get, for a very limited time" during halloween.
Now it's SRL, again with a load cosmetic stuff to grind and buy, too much for burned out old me... And hey, have they finally increased the vault space, lol?
The only thing I've bothered to do every week till now is the weekly heroic for the free eververse treasure, but after getting the gold sparrow even that seems kinda pointless now. I'd say "roll on, Destiny 2!" but I'm kinda scared it will continue in the vein of RoI. I guess time will tell.

Deku Tree

Factions have always been capped below max LL. That didn't start with RoI.

The only thing was that Bungie didn't put a good cap in during the NM raid because they didn't think anyone would get that high.

The 390 faction cap was always part of the plain IMO. And the raid maxes at 390 enemies so 390 is great.

Top Bottom