• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

iavi

Nobody's. Got the full article.

6LBFpBB.png

Apple's newly minted vice president of diversity and inclusion said that ”12 white, blue-eyed, blonde men in a room" could be considered ”diverse"

Denise Young Smith, who oversees Apple's efforts to create a more diverse workplace, took on her new role in May after serving as the head of the Cupertino-based company's human resources since 1997. Her recent statement on diversity has raised a few eyebrows.

"There can be 12 white, blue-eyed, blonde men in a room and they're going to be diverse too because they're going to bring a different life experience and life perspective to the conversation," Young Smith said at the recent One Young World Summit, held in Bogotá, Colombia, according to Quartz.

Young Smith, who is a woman of color, said she focuses ”on everyone" and that, for her, diversity goes beyond race, gender and sexual orientation.

"”Diversity is the human experience," she said. ”I get a little bit frustrated when diversity or the term diversity is tagged to the people of color, or the women, or the LGBT."

Her response was reportedly greeted with applause at the summit."

There's honestly nobody worse than all lives matter brehs and sistas, that fuck you got mine bullshit. I bet you she swears that discounting of reality sounds profound, and even worse is the applause she got at the summit agreeing.

As long as she feels like a chosen one

Cliffy B kinda reminds me of Matt from Super Best Friends mixed with Linkara's 90's Kid character. He strikes me as the kind of guy that thinks Adam-X the X-Treme was & still is the coolest shit ever.

Jordan Peele snuck into a class at UCLA that was showing a scene from Get Out

https://twitter.com/TananariveDue/status/918568745148194816

Not even gonna lie... I'm salty as Hell. What an incredible class to have been in- I hope those students take what he said (whatever else he said, haha) with them in life.

I wish I had similar electives available. Shame the presentation wasn't recorded. I would have loved to hear what another Black fiction author had to say.

Little Ceasers held it down when I was young and broke

Same. Back when I lived in New York (before 2000), I used to love Little Caesars. Not as much as Pizza Hut by a long shot, but yeah. The crust was 10/10. But nowadays, that brand is garbage.

Slayven

Jordan Peele snuck into a class at UCLA that was showing a scene from Get Out

https://twitter.com/TananariveDue/status/918568745148194816
Thats dope. You know they lose their damn minds

Let his ass stay over there
Little Ceasers held it down when I was young and broke

Now you old and rich

Slayven

Did Little Ceasers get worse? I was all about the corner pieces lol

Haven't had it in over 20 years tho, no idea what it tastes like now

Oh shit you don't know, they damn near went out of business in the late 90s, they just now really started coming back.

I loved those soda cups they had for some reason

Sch1sm

Do y’alls really debate Little Caesars?

Edit: This was in reference to the OP ¯_(ツ)_/¯

If it's a chain, and it's a food joint, we're debating it.

---

Ain't shit better than closing tabs after finishing an assignment, y'all. I feel like a free human being. Free to be sick, and voiceless, but I got 4 days off to hopefully recuperate. This cough may just be the death of me, and no amount of cough syrup is stopping it.

Slayven

Crazy Bread was amazing
I know right? And all it is is like half cooked dough
If it's a chain, and it's a food joint, we're debating it.

---

Ain't shit better than closing tabs after finishing an assignment, y'all. I feel like a free human being. Free to be sick, and voiceless, but I got 4 days off to hopefully recuperate. This cough may just be the death of me, and no amount of cough syrup is stopping it.

Get better soon, I will send you Jandro's energy

I keep getting these recurring frontal migraines that make it super hard to think for stretches of time. So damn annoying. Get halfway thought typing a thought or something then just go "what the hell was I even saying".

Gotta finish reading this Charles R. Saunders book I keep getting like 15 pages into then just trailing off.

Shy

Dude went all around the world to downplay shit
He really did. Even kept going after the two posts i quoted.
Congrats on finishing your assignment.

Get well soon.
I keep getting these recurring frontal migraines that make it super hard to think for stretches of time. So damn annoying. Get halfway thought typing a thought or something then just go "what the hell was I even saying".
I know that feeling. It's horrible. Get well soon.

Have you been to the doctors. If you have, what did they say ?

I know that feeling. It's horrible. Get well soon.

Have you been to the doctors. If you have, what did they say ?

I just have mirgraines, have since I was 7, they're a mild annoyance most of the time but occasionally it gets like now where it's just fuck all this imma watch TV and drink till they gone bad lol.

D i Z

I know right? And all it is is like half cooked dough

Get better soon, I will send you Jandro's energy

Why you trying to make her sicker?

Gotta finish reading this Charles R. Saunders book I keep getting like 15 pages into then just trailing off.

I'mma say to you what I, and you would say to anyone else. GO TO THE DOCTOR.
And I'll keep yelling it to you until you come back and 'splain yoself.

Fam all the doctors say is "here's a bottle of Tylenol when it hurts to help the pain (it doesn't help the pain) and uh, good luck!"

It's horrible lol like everything else is curable but my brain just going "Nah you need to be blind(er than usual) for 20 minutes" randomly is just something they can't seem to figure out.

Avoid stress is the primary fix and uh, I got a child and a full time job avoiding stress isn't on my agenda

Malyse

why are good superhero novels so rare? Most come off as some trying to write a parody of superheroes.

You read the wrong books. Soon I Will Be Invincible and Superpowers: A Novel are absolutely fantastic. I also have a lot of affection for So Not a Hero and the DIRE books. There's also Reckoners, Wearing the Cape, Superheroes Anonymous, Velveteen Vs, How to Succeed in Evil and Please Don't Tell My Parents I'm a Supervillain. And most of these run like $4 or are part of Kindle Unlimited.

Slayven

Why you trying to make her sicker?

Healthy like a horse

You read the wrong books. Soon I Will Be Invincible and Superpowers: A Novel are absolutely fantastic. I also have a lot of affection for So Not a Hero and the DIRE books. There's also Reckoners, Wearing the Cape, Superheroes Anonymous, Velveteen Vs, How to Succeed in Evil and Please Don't Tell My Parents I'm a Supervillain. And most of these run like $4 or are part of Kindle Unlimited.

The lead in the Reckoners makes me want to punch a wall. Dude is so annoying.

Loved So Not a Hero, the villain cracking up from the chick not being into him was scary true.

Malyse

Loved So Not a Hero, the villain cracking up from the chick not being into him was scary true.
There's a sequel out now.

----

Fucking hell. This book has explicitly dark skinned characters who are constantly blushing and it's ruining my immersion.

Top Bottom