• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video game assholes

Mdeezy

screen21.png

Those fucking birds.

EatChildren said:
Lots of good answers, but Kratos takes the cake for me simply because he was the protagonist.

He could be, in all my years of gaming, the most detestable character I've ever had the displeasure of controlling. From the very first game to the end of the last, he is is a petty unlikable cunt, and solely responsible for all but a handful of the issues he mopes about.

Fuck you Kratos, for being the worst protagonist ever.

this.

Dr. Chaos said:
Chiaki I consider far more pathetic.

She was nothing but a weak lil shit and has the gall to bully the weak after she had power just thrown at her feet?

She had no right to do the things she did, she earned nothing whatsoever besides walking around getting her ass kicked. Her "strength" was nothing more than the left over remains of a demon who took pity on her. She's one of the most disgusting characters in the game.

Isamu is a hypocrite but thats what I liked about him, in the end he retained more of his humanity than Chiaki ever could. He wanted a way that everybody could be happy in the end, he wanted an ultimate solution that didn't involve human suffering. People like Chiaki, born rich and privileged, her reason is nothing more than an extension of the silver spoon in her mouth. She could never understand what it truly means to be born weak and poor, to have to struggle and survive. Everything was handed to her before the apocalypse and after.

At least Chiaki tried to change from her initial vice(she simply found a new one). Isamu was such a pathetic little shit, even before the world ended. "Wah! I'm gonna blame you for everything because I'm secretly jealous our teacher likes you more than me! You better help me look for her, and by help I mean go down to the spooky basement all alone while I screw around. I'm not going because I'm too afraid."

cj_iwakura

Deified Data said:
I'll simply say this:
I find Chiaki admirable because she managed to shed her humanity, and adapt to a world not meant for human beings. While she may have been born to a life of luxury, it was the distinct difference between her former life and her new life in the Vortex World that finally breaks her. While generally arrogant and elitist throughout the game, the Chiaki allied with Ba'al Avatar is not the same Chiaki we meet at the hospital, nor does she feel the way she does for the same reasons. She realized a lesson that the Hito-Shura also learned relatively early on: the only way to survive the Vortex World is sheer, brute strength. Chiaki is made infinitely more powerful by being beaten down by the Vortex World and being built back up again, as opposed to Isamu who cowardly hid in the Amala Network, waiting for it to be over. He stumbled across his power through sheer dumb luck. Imagine how much inner-strength Chiaki must have had to survive the Vortex World for as long as she did (half the game) without any support or demonic powers.

So, I won't lie out my ass and say she's a likable character. She's not. That's why I posted her to this thread. That being said, you have to admire someone capable of so much change through sheer force of will. Or not. Opinions will certainly vary. Fact is, the Vortex World demanded its inhabitants adapt an entirely different set of values, and I think Chiaki's were probably the best suited to survival.

Hikawa's the real dick.

I mean come on.

088.jpg

Awntawn said:
213px-Link_Artwork_1_%28Twilight_Princess%29.png

Breaks into people's houses, smashes all their furniture, and takes all their money. In front of them. Then even has to nerve to talk to them.
The Links Awakening version of him is the biggest asshole ever.

elfinke

Some huge assholes in this thread. My additions:

AH6Hx.jpg

Xenophobic asshole. I hated her and her anti-Krogan beliefs (or have I got her mixed up with someone else? I'm probably due a replay of the ME universe).

EFvUq.png

This guy, is a class 1 asshole. In fact, I heard he shares a room with

BMNov.gif

SmithnCo

Tricky I Shadow said:
http://i.imgur.com/9Oo9y.jpg[IMG]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aL0OoHWwKU&feature=related[/url][/QUOTE]

The funny part is this is even harder when you play as Sheva because AI Chris does a piss-poor job of "entreating" Jill, at least as Chris you can hammer the square button to do it.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
qHJuv.jpg

Hey man, quit terrorizing all the campers and making me run from clear across Crystal Lake to get to you.

Sethos said:
Whoa that's an in-game screenshot? Damn that's impressive.

Ezalc

sphinx said:
Skies of Arcadia Legends has some assholes and I don't think a single one has been mentioned (haven't read all pages yet)

The first one is the admiral Alfonso, the first guy you meet in the game.

alfonso.jpg

Alfonso isn't an asshole, he's just a little bitch that tries to stay on the winning side and fails.

Nathan_Drake_in_Uncharted_3.png

Because he steals precious national treasures from poor countries and seems to have no respect for human life. Even a hardened soldier will not want to kill as many people as he has. Unless you're a psychopath you would have at least some emotional baggage after killing that many people, and its hinted at that he has played mind games or cheated on girls he's dated. He's a character that is only marginally better than the villains that stand in his way.

But the uncharted games are some of the best I've ever played. Love those games.

lightless_shado said:
Because he steals precious national treasures from poor countries and seems to have no respect for human life. Even a hardened soldier will not want to kill as many people as he has. Unless you're a psychopath you would have at least some emotional baggage after killing that many people, and its hinted at that he has played mind games or cheated on girls he's dated. He's a character that is only marginally better than the villains that stand in his way.

But the uncharted games are some of the best I've ever played. Love those games.

Yeah, but by this line of thinking, every videogame character ever is a giant asshole because they all kill literally thousands of people and show little remorse.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
ScionOfTheRisingSun said:
Kratos.jpg

In God of War III he is no longer the underdog to identify with, he is just a bugger of godly proportion.
The biggest asshole of them all and he's the fucking protagonist.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
lightless_shado said:

It's not stealing national treasures when they're lying in the dirt behind a log in the middle of the jungle. Get a museum, you fuckin' poor-asses.

274px-Magus2.png

This guy was a total piece of shit. It sucked that in order to get the best endings
you were expected to let him live.

Alvis.jpg

From the fourth Fire Emblem. I hated how they tried to make you feel bad for him after all the things he did.

Maffis

EternalGamer said:
Yeah, but by this line of thinking, every videogame character ever is a giant asshole because they all kill literally thousands of people and show little remorse.

Yes, but near the end in Uncharted 2, the main villain actually says to Drake that they aren't so different from eachother, and then continue to say "how many people haven't you killed today?" or something like that. Just because of that line it makes all those people Drake kills actually cannon for the story.

Lerozz

Apart from characters already mentioned ...

Pigsy
enslaved_pigsy.jpg

Trip
enslaved-trip-face.jpg

From Enslaved. Monkey should have kicked both off a cliff as soon as the opportunity was there.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
EternalGamer said:
If games are going to feature characters that are meant to be sympathetic and make storytelling a priority, then we need more non-combat gameplay mechanics and less killing in games.

Mista Koo

The cake goes to: The dog from duck hunt, Professor Pester, Big Bertha (SMB3 Fish), Tom Nook and Bobby Kottick (I think that the last two are actually the same person).
I wanted to mention Seth and Lakitu but they can't compete with Big Bertha.

Although I agree that Zak Gramarye is an asshole but in a whole different sense.

Confiture

Banned
Kinyou said:
Haven't played Killzone 3 so I don't know if Rico redeems himself but he just was a giant asshole in Killzone 2. He gets
one of your squadmates killed and at the end basically dooms everyone to die

HIM!
Seriously all I wanted to do playing that game was to kill him, and to add insult to injury he was utterly useless during fights.

110908_seth_t.jpg

I hate him so much. I'm terrible at fighting games, play SF4 on easiest settings so I had a chance but he was facerolled me every damn time.

tumblr_lmvarq0HLG1qhwe9bo1_250.gif

Need I say more?

This dastardly punk deserves a mention:

My%25252BHero1.jpg

First he kidnappes the protagonist's girlfriend and forces him to fight through waves of his goons using really awkward mechanics.

myherosms-1.jpg

After a battle with ungodly controls the two head for a dramatic final confrontation at sunset beach.

myherosms-2.jpg

Upon the protagonist defeating him the punk is forgiven and is seated for a little heart to heart.

myherosms-3.gif

Alas the punk then decides he has not had enough so he sucker punches the protagonist, grabs the girlfriend and the games starts a cycle which continues eternally.

myherosms-4.png

Top Bottom