• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pre-Order Assassin's Creed IV & get a Football! Wait, what?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Alright Ubisoft, or Best Buy, what the hell is this.

IMG_1226.JPG

Always wanted a free football to throw at my friends while playing a game about pirate assassins! Maybe this is how you turn on your TV.

"We need to get more of the American 13-29 demo. I feel like we've tried everything here, guys. What else do they like?"

"Uh, this football thing seems to be catching on."

"Are you sure they wouldn't rather have a poster that doubles as a map?"

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I wish more preorder things were like that, really. Exclusive DLC is worthless once you're done with the game. A pigskin to toss around is good forever.

linkboy

Look at it this way

You buy a limited edition football from Best Buy (who usually doesn't sell them) and get AC IV for free.

JawzPause

Lets try and figure this one out...
Black flag....All blacks.....rugby.....american football!
Ah now I see the link

I saw these in a Best Buy on Labor Day, I just assumed AC4 had some kind of football minigame or reference, didn't really consider the specifics of it.

sk3tch

I saw this the other day in-store - it's a mini football to boot...and foam. So it really is useless. I couldn't even see myself wanting to play catch with it. So then you go to: is it a display item? Like, it looks good on a shelf? Nope. Just black with a logo on it. It's cheap.

Completely boggles the mind. It makes zero sense. They should have given out an Ezio Hot Wheels car or something, instead. At least it has desk potential.

Pre-order bonuses have become a joke. The GTA V blimp and now this?

wat.

What retailer is giving out a blimp! I want it! I'll seriously go cancel my Gamestop Pre-Order and Pre-Order wherever they're giving out a mini blimp!

I don't see why people have a problem with FREE merchandise.

Vizzeh

Banned
wat.

What retailer is giving out a blimp! I want it! I'll seriously go cancel my Gamestop Pre-Order and Pre-Order wherever they're giving out a mini blimp!

I don't see why people have a problem with FREE merchandise.

Its not an actual physical representation of an ACTUAL blimp you get... you get an IN-GAME Blimp in GTA :p

Top Bottom