• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

Nelo Ice

Banned
International Buyers: Use your credit card with a random REAL US billing address and phone number.

Items sold by Amazon.com LLC, or its subsidiaries, and shipped to destinations in the following states are subject to tax:
Kansas
Kentucky
New York
North Dakota
Texas
Washington

NOTICE: Some Games have Steam and Non Steam options available click the right one!
Example:
9K2BT.png

All bundles come with individual keys(if applicable) including those that activate on Steam or Orign.

EA games don't activate on Steam! EA games with CD keys all activate on Orgin except for older titles such as Bulletstorm or Mirrors Edge which require talking to customer support to get activated.(YMMV as to whether older games get activated or if it's worth all the trouble)

July Sale Homepage
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000812791

7/28 Only

Binary Domain - $9.99 - Steam
Dreamcast Collection - $4.99 - Not Steam
Sega Sports Spectacular - $12.49 - Virtua Tennis 4 not steam
Total War Bundle - $29.99 - Some steam
Virtua Tennis 4 - $4.99 - not steam
Grand Theft Auto IV - $9.99 - Steam Version
Grand Theft Auto IV - $9.99 - non steam version
Bioshock Dual Pack - $7.49 - Steam version
Bioshock Dual Pack - $7.49 - Non-Steam version
Civ IV & V Pack - $11.99 - Civ V Steam Civ IV not
Spec Ops The Line - $24.99 - Steam
Civ V GOTY - $24.99 - Steam
Civ V - $14.99 - Steam
Civ IV Complete - $14.99 - Steam
Civ IV Complete - $14.99 - DRM Free
2K Mega Pack - $39.99 - All Steam except CivCity Rome
2K Mega Pack - $39.99 - Mixed back on DRM
2K Strategy Pack - $19.99 - All Steam
2K Strategy Pack - Civ V Steam, Civ IV and Stronghold Collection not
2K Shooter Pack - All Steam - $19.99
2K Shooter Pack - Duke Nukem + Borderlands GOTY Steam, Bioshock 1+2 Not
Rockstar Classics (All Steam) - $14.99 - All Steam
Rockstar Classics - $14.99 - None Steam
X-Com Collection - $2.99
Darkness II - $12.49 - Steam
Max Payne 3 - $29.99 Not Steam
Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga - $5.99 - Steam
Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga - $5.99 - DRM free
Syndicate - $14.99
Syndicate 2-Pack - $19.99
Mass Effect Dual Pack (Mass Effect 1 + Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe) - $9.99
Dragon Age Dual Pack (Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition + Dragon Age 2) - $9.99
Plants Vs. Zombies - $4.99
Sega Awesome Pack - $12.49
Call of Duty Black Ops - $19.99
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai - $14.99
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 - $29.99
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 - $9.99

7/26-7/29:

Hitman Triple Threat Pack - $7.49

7/26-7/30:

Borderlands GOTY - $7.49 - Steam

Pre-Order Deals
Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from Amazon for 10% off and help Tony get a tattoo!

Tony is a huge Borderlands 2 and he want this to be their best selling pre-order ever. So he's drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, Amazon takes 40,000 more preorders than where they were on 7/2/2012 he will get a Borderlands tattoo on his back.

Amazon F2P and MMO Initiative.
http://techcrunch.com/2012/07/12/am...-multiplayer-titles-to-amazons-cloud-catalog/

FAQ

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.

Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

What if I already own a game? Can I trade or give the game to someone else?

If the game activates on another service such as Steam or Origin then yes you can do what you like with the extra key(s). This includes games included in bundles provided they have the proper keys.

Notes on price matching:

1. Amazon DVG doesn't match physical disc deals
2. AND doesn't match International digital download deals - i.e. Gamersgate, GreenManGaming, GOG & GetGamesGo.

Have any more questions?
Ask Tony! Aka Amazon Video Gamer Our resident Amazon Rep(and the guy who runs these deals!)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=87623

YES, FINALLY

Been waiting for this for so long.

edit: Oh... Misread. : (
Not a bad price on darkness II. Hmm...

edit 2: Is Syndicate an Origin only game on pc currently?

Salsa

god help me I might get Syndicate :/

fucking Origin. I really want that game.

btw many of the games listed below the supposed steam ones are still steamworks and can be activated..

bill0527

Max Payne 3 bought.

I waited for these sales because I knew they would be coming within a month of the game's release.

Waiting for Dead Space 2 to go on sale will buy for $15-20

I think steam had it for around $10 a while back.

I swear I saw that at Target for $8.98 not too long ago.

Good deals

It goes for $5 regularly

Not even; $5 only weeks ago.

yep, bought DS2 on steam for $5 last sale.

We run $5 Dead Space and Dead Space 2 so often it is kind of a running joke around the office. I'll make sure to drop a note the next time we do it again.

Cheers,
Tony

If a game isn't redeemable on Steam, are they DRM free or no? I'm not familiar with downloading straight from Amazon or anything.

gdt

Max Payne 3 and Spec Ops for me. Fuck it, even if my computer's a couple months away from being built.

Same here. Really interested in the apparently awesome narrative of Spec Ops, and for $25 practically day one, I'll bite a short campaign.

dreamfall

Was The Darkness 2 any good? I remember loving the first one

I really enjoyed it/was an avid fan of the first game. I made an OT way back when, and some had FOV issues (later remedied for PC). I really liked the quad-wielding mechanic, and the narrative wasn't as strong as the first title, but it still was pretty captivating as a Darkness fan. And more Mike Patton! The game definitely had character.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=462090

Amazon makes me happy. I'm definitely in for Spec Ops, and will probably go for the 2k bundle for Mafia II (although I wish it was stand-alone!). Amazing work Tony!

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Max Payne and Specs Ops are some fucking deals. Hot damn.

My neogaf experience today = Came for the Steam, stayed for the Amazon.

XEROWUN

Neo Member
There are EA games in the OP! :p

opps hehe, i had my mind in the bundles section. I know tony mentioned the THQ bundle happening later in july(maybe). I remember there was a Need for Speed bundle amazon had a while back( not sure if i dreamt it) which i regret not getting.

XEROWUN

Neo Member
If a game isn't redeemable on Steam, are they DRM free or no? I'm not familiar with downloading straight from Amazon or anything.

tony got DRM-free games a few months ago. He tries to get them whenever they can, or at the very least try to offer steam and non-steam versions of a game. usually the games you download off amazon are the rips of the retail copies.

EDIT: sorry for the double post

tony got DRM-free games a few months ago. He tries to get them whenever they can, or at the very least try to offer steam and non-steam versions of a game. usually the games you download off amazon are the rips of the retail copies.

EDIT: sorry for the double post

Ah, okay thank you.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

Card Boy

Banned
I've never played a Max Payne game. Should I get MP3?

Considering you have never played 1 and 2 go ahead knock yourself out. But if you did play MP1+2 i would of told you to avoid as its not a proper Max Payne game. Expect shitloads of cutscenes and gameplay lasts at 5minutes tops before encountering another cutscene.

Aaron

For people pissy about such things, Syndicate requires Origin to run. Personally, I've had zero problems with this, but other people might not be cool with it. I think the game is a great deal at that price. Bought it for $25 and don't regret it.

Struct09

I've never played a Max Payne game. Should I get MP3?

I will say yes since it's a good game, but you should also check out MP1 and MP2 if you get a chance. They can usually be found for dirt cheap during these sales, and they won't take you long to get through.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Tony, if I bought the plentyful Paradox package some weeks ago, am I sool concerning Steam keys? Back then only Sword if the Stars II and Crusader kings (and Magicka) werd Steam activation keys. If I knew this time all games were steam redeemable I would have waited :/

Top Bottom