• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Blizzard

Banned
I am saying that's an alternative option to utilizing the Quest. You can use the beasts you get from Stampede to hold the game long enough until you have a few Raptors to chain draw into.
Ah I see. It depends on so much RNG that I still don't think the extra 2-4 hand cards are likely to save you from aggro OR control, but I suppose time will tell.

Cult Master has pretty much the same problem as Starving Buzzard -- 2 HP, has to be played on turrn 3-4, and by that time anything can breathe on it and prevent you from using it at all the next turn. If you're able to get a board to stick you can sacrifice your board to draw cards, but I think this is also a recipe for disaster as you try to get the board back at a disadvantage.

How would Stampede work for a draw engine? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you.

Tol'vir Warden sure. It's a turn 4-5 card but might be strong enough to stick.
I've been whining and bitching about the Starving Buzzard nerf for a long time. The only way I can use Buzzard or Cult Master is to wait until turn 6+. And it wouldn't even be that bad waiting until turn 6 or 7 since that's when I'm usually in dire need of cards but the minions I'm playing to draw the cards just aren't worth it unless I have a decent board. It's usually Buzzard + Alley Cat or Cult Master + Unleash the Hounds.

Hunter is just doomed to never have card draw. Stampede is pretty dope though. Filled up my board on turn 5 playing that shit. Filled it with mostly worthless shit, but still, lol.

Why? Just....why?

hearthstonescreenshot5bujy.png

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Elemental Shaman seems...surprisingly terrible.

Main reason for my hype of it as a Teir 2 deck was it being good vs Pirates.

Does it actually suck vs Pirates, or are there just not enough pirates out there right now?

Dahbomb

Why? Just....why?
Because Patches is still the most broken card in the game right now.

One of the reasons why that Quest Rogue deck works so well is that after the quest is activated you can launch Southsea Deckhand and do 10 damage to face with Patches. Absolutely filthy.

Blizzard

Banned
I will say that playing Hunter has been eye-opening. Maybe it's just that using the quest in a deck makes it worse than usual, but I can play pretty much ANYTHING in casual and still get a reasonable amount of wins. Even garbage quest decks, 100% class cards, etc.

With Hunter and the quest card, even with a lower number of 1-drops, I'm winning something like 1 out of 10.

So I just used Quest Rogue and goddamn that was fun. Won 5/5 games but I'm certain it's because it's day 1. How do you stop other decks from just rushing your ass down?

Maybe I'm just too focused on doing the quest immediately. But since everyone is playing like an idiot, I can't effectively practice the deck.

Blizzard

Banned
OK, somebody tell me the odds on THIS one:

stampede52rqv.png

Those three legendaries in a row were from 3 consecutive minions played on the same turn during Stampede.

ZeroX03

Banned
Need to resist buying a couple of packs with real money, just because I know I'm like 5 packs to a guaranteed Legendary. Good quests for Gold would be lovely.

Crosseyes

Banned
So I just used Quest Rogue and goddamn that was fun. Won 5/5 games but I'm certain it's because it's day 1. How do you stop other decks from just rushing your ass down?

Maybe I'm just too focused on doing the quest immediately. But since everyone is playing like an idiot, I can't effectively practice the deck.
It really doesn't seem that hard to go off if you draw right.

I was putting pressure on as a hunter but then turn four the rogue goes:

Novice engineer - Novice engineer - shadowstep - novice - shadowstep - novice (quest clear in one turn) - prep - evis (dead misha) - coin - 2/1 pirate charger (kills my 3/2) - patches + dagger attack (kills my 2/2)

Broke.

On the bright side I golakka'd a pirate against some other guy and they insta-conceded so that's a good an end to a night as any.

Blizzard

Banned
It's weird to me that Karazhan cards are still usable in standard since you can't buy them oir their adventures at all anymore, even with real money.

*edit* I'm dumb, I forgot adventures are on a different tab of the shop. >_< I wonder if the $20 is worth it.

ScribbleD

I feel stupid for having not put Novice Engineers into the first draft of my quest rogue. Even without the engineers that deck is still a beast, though.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, faced up against a few Rogue quest decks. I think its going to be pretty oppressive, and be the main shaper of the meta.

squidyj

Yeah it's unlike anything the game has ever had.

You see the Rogue player play a bunch of non threatening minions and you end up leaving them alive. Then they bounce the 1/1s 2-3 times, activate the quest and buff their minions.

You have to clear them at all costs especially the fuel generating minions like Novice Engineer. And keep the big removals ready for the Violet Teacher.

I mean, the rogue player has no need to expose his minions on board, if played reasonably well the only thing that interacts with completing the quest is dirty rat. Keeping the board clear is good to minimize the swing when they activate their quest but it shouldn't really slow them down.

If I play my novice engineer and leave it on the board it's because I don't care if you kill it. It's not my focus.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
3 legendaries, including a golden Jungle Giants : D

Then I used the pre-made Paladin adapt deck. Killed the enemy in 4 turns. Oof. I felt bad.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Had some fun with a midrangey pally deck. Curator, 2 drop murloc and the taunt dragon are pretty damn nice so far.

Main reason for my hype of it as a Teir 2 deck was it being good vs Pirates.

Does it actually suck vs Pirates, or are there just not enough pirates out there right now?

5/5's erryday

I'm having no problem with this deck. Running well for me.

Nah, it definitely isn't terrible.

I haven't played it myself it's just the ones I've faced it seemed like they fell behind early and could never come back from it. Sadly I didn't get Kalimos from my packs and I don't want to craft anything since I'm really close to pity timer but once that's over with I can start investing the dust and maybe give it a shot.

Because Patches is still the most broken card in the game right now.

One of the reasons why that Quest Rogue deck works so well is that after the quest is activated you can launch Southsea Deckhand and do 10 damage to face with Patches. Absolutely filthy.

Yeah, but in Druid though? I dunno, it definitely caught me off guard lol.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I haven't played it myself it's just the ones I've faced it seemed like they fell behind early and could never come back from it. Sadly I didn't get Kalimos from my packs and I don't want to craft anything since I'm really close to pity timer but once that's over with I can start investing the dust and maybe give it a shot.

Yeah, but in Druid though? I dunno, it definitely caught me off guard lol.

In any aggro deck patches it dumb. It says it all that druid is running the corsair guy just for it, zoo has done it too. It's still worth for that upside.

Jadax

2nd expansion (patch, update whatever) in a row that I've not gotten any legendaries. Really fucks my f2p focus up. Now I have to wait and see which deck starts to do well and try to make cards for it. Only got the druid quest.

Now I have to decide if I want to invest in druid decks or craft shaman or hunter cards (since I've been concentrating on those two for a while).

From my 50 pre-order pack I got the Shaman legendary and the Rogue quest. Not bad, as I was waiting to see what cards I get before trying out any decks.

Gonna open 30 packs I bought with gold now...

EDIT: Got the Druid and Paladin legendary cards in those packs.

FeD.nL

How the fuck do I have 350 posts.

Ok, so far everything has been pulling its weight, but what card do you think would be best cut for more draw? And which draw do you think the deck should have? Coldlight is the obvious card to put in, but I still feel giving the enemy cards tends to hurt you more than help, due to your have overall lower card quality. I was thinking maybe sub in Far Sight, and actually take out Tidecaller.

Here is what I have been running again:
http://i.imgur.com/6QVCP4o.png[img]

Maybe I'll just ride this deck as is for a good 50ish games, and see if anything comes to mind.[/QUOTE]

Interesting list. How are you liking Tar Creeper?

I'm running this atm:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/TQSKzXi.png

Kripp has been streaming for 17 hours and he doesn't even look tired wtf

He keeps looking at his bank balance going up

Playing troll quest priest with double Mind vision. It is fun enough but this expansion is going to descend into a giant bag of dicks very quickly.

Patches ahoy.

Just fulfilled the rogue quest by playing dirty rat 4 times. Against another quest rogue.

Oh oh just checked and I gave that quest a 1. Ended up being the first card I crafted.

Seeing some rumblings about packs giving out more duplicate cards than they should. Surely that's not a thing right? Like, I can't imagine Blizzard would screw up in such a huge way two expansions in a row.

Top Bottom