• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy III (DS, iOS) coming to PSP

Goli

There's a scan floating around the web that shows it.
If it turns out to be real then it means you'll be able to play every main line FF game till X on a Vita once FFX HD is released.
Also it would kinda sorta make sense seeing as how FF I and II were ported to PSP for FF's 20th anniversary... and now III for the 25th.

I'm ok with this
:)

FFIII DS doesn't do much for me, I own it and don't care for it, but yes it will mean I can play every FF up to X on my Vita, and that is a wonderful thing

Eusis

It's real.
A little crazy it took this long. Wonder if Nintendo signed for an exclusivity deal that FINALLY expired? Or if an SE exec was looking at stuff that could easily be ported around and oh yeah, that DS remake of FFIII!

FFIV's going to be weird though. Has any system gotten two remakes of a game before?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I just want IV DS for iOS. PSP I+II and IV collection are good enough for me.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Awesome. I doubt it looks as good as the iPad version but definitely gonna be nice to the eyes!

animlboogy said:
PS handhelds are RPG machines. The complete Persona and the first 10 FF games. Falcom's lineup, as well as everything else Xseed brings over. I really wish I would have kept up with the PSP for the last few years. I let that mid-period lull get to me and I started ignoring it.

Hopefully the Vita will continue to serve this niche. It doesn't have a whole lot else going for it, but a handful of great RPGs alone could make it worth it to own if you're a fan.
This is what made the PSP such a necessary entry and success, because pretty much every other hardware was lacking it. Vita better continue it or else there's trouble

Eusis

Doesn't seem like that is going to happen...
It'll come here, especially if localization work is done. It becomes a question of WHEN: will we be getting a 3DS announcement tonight, a Vita/3DS version appearing in Jump... or is it going to be like FFIII here where it takes around 5 years to jump to another platform?

I've always wanted the ORIGINAL Final Fantasy III on PSP or something so you could get as close to the original version on Vita. It already has 1-IX with the exception of III.

rpmurphy

The (low quality) scan shows screens that look exactly like the iOS version, meaning DS in high res, and now in widescreen.
Did they increase the enemy count in battles in the iOS version, or can you see if that is the case for this version?

Oh, the DS version... :(

I think it's a crime that FFIII is the only 2D game in the main series that doesn't have a 2D remake.

Peagles

Dumb question... Does that mean when PSX support is available on Vita too, or right now could I play the PSX ones on my Vita somehow?

Dumb question... Does that mean when PSX support is available on Vita too, or right now could I play the PSX ones on my Vita somehow?

Once PSX support is enable throughout the summer you can play PS1 FF games on your Vita directly.
You can play them now via remote play (running on the ps3 but on your Vita screen)

Took the words right outta my mouth.

I don't like the DS version very much.

I would kill for a 2D remake of III in the style of the I, II & IV remakes.

The charm and the atmosphere of the early FF games just don't translate well to 3D IMO. Plus it's weird to have a big gap in the middle of their 2D FF lineup without a modern version of it.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
The DS version? UGH I normally don't complain about stuff like this but the DS version of FF3 really rubbed me the wrong way....Only FF game I never finished...2D or bust

jimmypython

If it turns out to be real then it means you'll be able to play every main line FF game till X on a Vita once FFX HD is released.

Indeed! Also this is the first time FF3 appears on PS platform.

Also it would kinda sorta make sense seeing as how FF I and II were ported to PSP for FF's 20th anniversary... and now III for the 25th.

for 20th, they had FF4DS as well.....So..... Can I expect FF5+6 3DS?

I know FFIV Complete's sprite style rubbed a few people the wrong way, but I would have liked to see FFIII get a remake in the same vein, if only for the sake of consistency.

wrowa

Yeah, it's a pretty strange decision to port this game at this point. Especially after it's already been released on iOS.

I wonder what they are planning to charge for it and whether it's going to be dl-only.

B.K.

I wonder what they are planning to charge for it and whether it's going to be dl-only.

There's no reason to think it'll be digital only. Japan is still getting quite a few PSP games. It's just America and Europe that won't get it. It'll never leave Japan.

inner-G

Banned
How can I get the PSP FF I and II on my Vita?

Buy on psp/3 so it is in the download history?
Or are people talking about the PS1 Origins release?

Top Bottom