• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starbucks Is Testing Out $0.80 Coffee Ice Cubes In Baltimore and St. Louis

KSweeley

Link: http://dcist.com/2017/05/starbucks_coffee_cubes_bmore.php

May 19, 2017

Washingtonians who are up for a trip to Baltimore (or St. Louis) can get coffee ice cubes added to espresso and brewed coffee drinks for an extra 80 cents, according to a Starbucks spokesperson.

The cubes, which are made from Starbucks coffee, are being offered in 100 stores between the two markets—though it's unclear which specific shops are participating.

"As a company, we often test new products, programs and ideas to gather feedback from our customers and partners (employees)," the spokesperson said in an email to DCist.

Meanwhile, Starbucks was recently sued over its unicorn frappuccino, which a Brooklyn cafe alleges was derived from its unicorn latte drink.

The coffee ice cube pilot launched on Monday and will run for the next eight weeks.

Poppy

i actually like normal ice, theres something about the end of the drink turning into water and crunching water ice that i like at the end of an iced coffee

cbrun44

I always get the Draft Nitro Iced Coffee... amazing stuff. Consistency and foam of a stout draft. And no ice...

shira

get

DOWN

Banned
this post is nonsense im sorry
No he's right, once the ice has melted to a certain point, it has dramatically watered down the drink. Coffee ice cubes would keep the best of both worlds by stopping the watering down of the flavor

Top Bottom