• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chinese Foxconn sketch artists returns with the NX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armadilo

Banned
CtEbz0jW8AEYyPO.jpg

OK9qeo5.jpg

https://twitter.com/Nintex_nl/status/779434796669865984

from twitter take it for what it is

W. Zhang
‏@ThinkTwinkle
@Nintex_nl @Wario64 变压器大小->size of transformer; 插头->plug(female); 性能模块->performance module; 充电头->charge plug(male)

mieumieu

I can translate the original post here

"NX is a console-handheld hybrid. It is detachable. It contains the console itself, performance module, and the handheld/gamepad.

The console (I think it is supposed to be a dock. I'll call it a dock from now on) contains HDD, cartridge slot and various other interfaces. It supports TV output (but no CPU/GPU).
The performance module is a portable device that provides power supply. It contains a Li-Ion battery. CPU/GPU also is contained inside. It supports Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and wired connections. You plug the dock inside and it becomes a PS4/Xbone like console, but you can also transfer the signals to the handheld (like Remote Play?)
There are two candidate SoC for it: Pascal SoC from nVidia or AMD R9 SoC.

The handheld part is a 6 inch 720p screen and has a low-TDP SoC, which can satisfy basic operations with lower quality graphics when the performance module is not connected. But it can also display game graphics from the performance module which can provide a console-level graphics. A bit like nVidia Shield streaming. You can bring the performance module with you portable since it has its own battery.

Additional info: whatever the solution will be the computing power it has falls behind a PS4, let alone a PS4 Pro. Don't have high hopes for that. The selling point for it is high portability and hybrid providing rich gameplay possibilities.

If details don't get revealed in Oct then maybe wait for the beginning of next year. I welcome you guys to necrobump this post. Period."

in a nutshell

NX is a two in one portable
Composed of three parts
Dock, built in hard drive, cartridge port and interface for tv output etc..
Handheld - built in battery, CPU & GPU. Bluetooth + Wifi. Can plug in to dock to become like static console similar to PS4/XB1.
6 inch screen 720p. Can display on TV too like Wii U / Nvidia Shield.
Less powerful than PS4.
Reveal October. If not then delayed.
2 chip options, either Tegra or AMD.

Kinsei

Banned
Are we sure this is from someone that works there?

The system itself looks like what most of use expected, but that dock is a legitimate surprise. I hope it comes in purple like the Gamecube.

HotHamBoy

Lol, it looks just like what I drew, which was basically the lower half of a N3DS wih a second analog stick.

Seems obvious.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Is the box transmitting wirelessly to the handheld?

Someone translate the text!

Zebei

Bottom one absolutely looks like some kind of cooking machine.

NX is definitely the toaster we all predicted it to be.

Totakeke

I read power plug, wireless, controller, charging cable, which should be obvious, can't read the others. Not sure what the bottom thing is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom