• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links |OT| A Speedy Beatdown

A.J.

Banned
Right now I'm trying to skill farm for Ishizu to get the Skull Servant skill for a Psychic deck. I forgot how much I hate skill farming.

I have not gotten more than 1 skill and it was a shitty one for Weevil I think.

I guess I'm really lucky in that aspect, I have most skills and the only major one I'm missing is May's HHG skill.

But I hadn't thought about Ishizu's skill with Wattchic Fighter's Effect... and he's even searchable with Psychic Witch! I gotta try that.

New Duel Quizzes, 1.5 Exp, Rex's Event and both an Event (or something like that) and the GX Cast being added on the horizon.

I wish Fate GO had as many things to do weekly as this game has...

cHinzo

Also new plant cards at the card trader. The Duel Quizzes are still easy lol. I'm at 8.5k gems now. The new box can't drop soon enough. ;_;

Only got 1 Destroyersaurus from Rex. Stingy bastard.

Yeah, I only got one too. That and Super Evolution Pill (or one of those, the SR one) were my only foils.

...But at least I got about 20 Dark Driceratops.

Anyway, the new event is up. It's interesting, there are some nice rewards and a (I think) random SR pack to get. I got one of those and got a Metalmorph, so I'm guessing it's a random SR from LD.

But duelists use Burn and (seemingly) pre-arranged initial hands.

So I haven't played this game since the Land of Titans cardbox launched which I think was about 5 months ago and I think I stopped at around stage 55. At the time I was playing so much that I started getting wrist pain and all the grinding and RNG really killed my fun in the game. As I said it's been about 5 months and I want to return to the game (while also limiting my play time so I don't run into the same problem). But I'm kinda of discouraged to return to my current account. I made some poor decisions with card packs, trading in cards, trying to level characters in late stages, and my current decks are probably obsolete in the current meta.

So my questions are: Do you think the current state of the game would benefit me if I just made a new account? Or should I just suck it up and continue with my current account? Or maybe I should just wait for a major update and make a new account then?

Any feedback is appreciated, I definitely had fun playing this game and want to return to it.

A.J.

Banned
So I haven't played this games since the Land of Titans cardbox launched which I think was about 5 months ago and I think I stopped at around stage 55. At the time I was playing so much that I started getting wrist pain and all the grinding and RNG really killed my fun in the game. As I said it's been about 5 months and I want to return to the game (while also limiting my play time so I don't run into the same problem). But I'm kinda of discouraged to return to my current account. I made some poor decisions with card packs, trading in cards, trying to level characters in late stages, and my current decks are probably obsolete in the current meta.

So my questions are: Do you think the current state of the game would benefit me if I just made a new account? Or should I just suck it up and continue with my current account? Or maybe I should just wait fora major update and make a new account then?

Any feedback is appreciated, I definitely had fun playing this game and want to return to it.

In my experience it's better to have more cards since you don't know what you might need. Also the upcoming new box will change the meta more than likely so you can just focus on pulling from that.

I got a lot of cards from Rex surprisingly. I'm really liking the new event. On floor 26ish or something.

Gonna try to go as high as possible. Supremacy Berry is God tier in this format.

So ya I just decided to continue my original account, made a way bigger deal out of it than it really was. I was just not feeling great about the game when I quit.

Feel free to add me if you want, I'll be playing a lot more often now.

362-846-413

cHinzo

I just saw Horus the Black Flame Dragon is in the next box! That's my favorite card lol, got that Horus Lockdown deck IRL too. Gonna be fun to play it in Duel Links too. Too bad they haven't released Jinzo yet.

I just saw Horus the Black Flame Dragon is in the next box! That's my favorite card lol, got that Horus Lockdown deck IRL too. Gonna be fun to play it in Duel Links too. Too bad they haven't released Jinzo yet.

Oh god the Jinzo meta is gonna fuck up a lot of decks.

Yo thats hella cold that they are leaving behind all the season 1 heroes and skipping straight to season 2. I was expecting all the Elemental Heroes to get some time to shine before Neos took over everything.

Aster came too early too but this will be interesting. All those Gems to be farmed and cards to be gotten makes me excited.

Hope PC can be connected to your mobile account so I can play on PC when home and on mobile when I'm out.

Also please make the auto duel cpu smarter. Why can it not just copy the way you duel with a deck or use stupidly easy skills like Ties that Bind for an easy att boost?

A.J.

Banned
Yo thats hella cold that they are leaving behind all the season 1 heroes and skipping straight to season 2. I was expecting all the Elemental Heroes to get some time to shine before Neos took over everything.

Aster came too early too but this will be interesting. All those Gems to be farmed and cards to be gotten makes me excited.

Hope PC can be connected to your mobile account so I can play on PC when home and on mobile when I'm out.

Also please make the auto duel cpu smarter. Why can it not just copy the way you duel with a deck or use stupidly easy skills like Ties that Bind for an easy att boost?

Neos is Jaden's ace monster, so he is always going to have him. Also I imagine characters like Zane are being skipped for now due to balancing issues.

Fj0823

Neos is Jaden's ace monster, so he is always going to have him. Also I imagine characters like Zane are being skipped for now due to balancing issues.

But are they going all in on Neos?

Neos Contact Fusions are probably much more unbalanced for the Links gameplay than good old OG E-HEROS

I mean, sure they only last one turn (unless you play NeoSpace) but they're as fast as Synchro or Link summons if played right

Jaden had Flare Wingman before Neos, and it's his second most iconic card, his normal monsters and their fusions are not only more appropriate, They will always be the cooler Jaden deck for me ):

Yeah Cyber dragons or Dark Cyber would be broken. Neos is his Ace but he had an Ace before that like FJ said above me. Surprised they skipped Syrus too but guess he isn't as popular? Also no villains with the characters is disappointing. Where is Professor Banner or at least Nightshroud. Maybe even Sartorius and so on?

Neos Contact Fusions are probably much more unbalanced for the Links gameplay than good old OG E-HEROS

I mean, sure they only last one turn (unless you play NeoSpace) but they're as fast as Synchro or Link summons if played right

Jaden had Flare Wingman before Neos, and it's his second most iconic card, his normal monsters and their fusions are not only more appropriate, They will always be the cooler Jaden deck for me ):

Yeah Shining Flare Wingman and then those 4 element hero fusions.

BTW anyone notice they reduced Alexis's bust? lol Mai is still best girl. Probably because she is of school age vs Mai who is a grown adult.

A.J.

Banned

Just because they are putting in Neos dosen't mean they are giving you all his support right off the bat. Neos is just the 2500 ATK monster that all the protagonists of YGO have.

cHinzo

New pack is out! I got my Horus dragons, but sadly none of those Flood Gate Trapholes. 😭 A PC version would be cool since I play this mostly at home anyways lol.

Well, with the new pack comes a new meta, and with all the dragon support we have, Horus is bound to be a top contender. I like the new trap hole, but at the same time... being an Ultra, it's going to be really hard to get them.

I'm excited about Worms in the new pack. They were my last Deck when I played the TCG and were my favourite archetype. While I'm sure we're not getting the "good" Worms, nor the Trap, I'm excited to see what can they do in this "slower" format.

I spent 1000 gems on packs and only got Ananta and a B.E.S. but besides the Trap Hole, I'm glad I only want SRs and lower, although I'm sure I'll end up wanting some Book of Taiyou, and maybe one Ananta more. And yesterday I realized I never leveled up Mako, so I still have his Level up gems to get more packs.

A.J.

Banned
From what I'm seeing Ninja's will become more dominant with the extra support and REZ will get a boost thanks to Samurai Skull and Bacon Saver

From what I'm seeing Ninja's will become more dominant with the extra support and REZ will get a boost thanks to Samurai Skull and Bacon Saver

Bacon Saver is great and I'm glad it's once per duel, but I don't really see why Samurai Skull is good. Mezuki does all the milling the Deck needs and its second effect won't be used as the opponent won't destroy it.

A.J.

Banned
Bacon Saver is great and I'm glad it's once per duel, but I don't really see why Samurai Skull is good. Mezuki does all the milling the Deck needs and its second effect won't be used as the opponent won't destroy it.
Skull is good if you need an extra milling option on top of Gozuki. It's also a cheap alternative to having 3 Gozuki.

Whoa I got a ton of SRs and URs from my 5 pulls of 10 packs. Pretty happy overall.

Got Defusion, Horus all of them and King of the Swamp. I got Horus and Swamp in one pull alone lol. I want 5HD, Magical Something and Card Guard.

I would like Joker but not much of a fusion guy. Book of Taiyou is nice but not needed for my decks and trap hole sounds interesting but nothing I desperately need.

I do wish I got BOXer for one of my SRs. That effect would be so useful to bring out some powerful Earth types. Typhoon is probably the best SR though.

What kind of decks do you guys recommenced trying to build? I'm stuck in Plat 1 and the only effective decks I have are basically a cheap Naturia Beatdown deck and my old Desert Twisters deck.

I could go Phoenix, but everyone has that deck. At least 50% of my duels in Plat are Phoenix decks with the other two most common being a Red Eyes or some kind of Dragon deck.

I was thinking maybe trying to get a Ninja deck after I finally get a SRH to drop.

The rng in this game is starting to impact my enjoyment. Skills I want to make new decks aren't dropping, and the cards from LDs are even worse. It seems every time I get a rainbow pack from an LD, it's the same goddamn cards I've gotten before.

A.J.

Banned
The rng in this game is starting to impact my enjoyment. Skills I want to make new decks aren't dropping, and the cards from LDs are even worse. It seems every time I get a rainbow pack from an LD, it's the same goddamn cards I've gotten before.

The SR tickets in Ranked would help you if you are looking for a specific card drop. Skills drops are still pretty bad though.

The SR tickets in Ranked would help you if you are looking for a specific card drop. Skills drops are still pretty bad though.
I rarely play ranked because the lagginess of it is a huge turnoff, plus I refuse to spend serious money to get card duplicates. Add that to my lackluster rng results, and I have a recipe for failure against upper level duelists.

A.J.

Banned
I rarely play ranked because the lagginess of it is a huge turnoff, plus I refuse to spend serious money to get card duplicates. Add that to my lackluster rng results, and I have a recipe for failure against upper level duelists.

You can always use Naturia Beatdown if you want a cheap and effective deck for Ranked

A.J.

Banned
Which pack has those? I have a few hundred gems right now, so I may give it a shot.

Dawn of Destiny pretty much has all the Naturia cards you need for the deck.

You want:
Stag Beetle
Pumpkin
Hydrangea
Marron
Exterio's Fang (Naturia specific Trap Card)
Super Rush Headlong (Not Naturia specific, but it's a great card that works with basically every deck)

People also use Naturia Pineapple sometimes which is in Land of the Titans.

Dawn of Destiny pretty much has all the Naturia cards you need for the deck.

You want:
Stag Beetle
Pumpkin
Hydrangea
Marron
Exterio's Fang (Naturia specific Trap Card)
Super Rush Headlong (Not Naturia specific, but it's a great card that works with basically every deck)

People also use Naturia Pineapple sometimes which is in Land of the Titans.
Super Rush is one of the first good cards I got from that set. It's pretty great.

I'm sad guys. My Blue Eyes deck has hit its peak in Plat 3. I switched to Horus and am destroying everyone now lol.

Also is there a glitch for you guys where if you are losing a duel you get a disconnection notice? Its so weird and it makes me look salty for leaving like that. >.<^

Top Bottom