• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torchlight |OT| The Definitive Loot game of 2009

batbeg

Wow, this looks fantastic. Am I correct in hearing there's going to be a demo for this? I'd like to test this theory of it running on my netbook; I sincerely doubt it will, but if it were, I'd be happy as a clam.

batbeg said:
Wow, this looks fantastic. Am I correct in hearing there's going to be a demo for this? I'd like to test this theory of it running on my netbook; I sincerely doubt it will, but if it were, I'd be happy as a clam.

Yes, demo out on release day.

schild

theMrCravens said:
I wonder if I can start in Hardcore mode without finishing the game first.

I might go VeryHard/Hardcore and run it with a Vanquisher.

You can.

And I do *NOT* recommend that.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Why the hell would you ever buy XP 64? Are you serious?
If he intends to upgrade his PC in the near future, makes more sense to get the 64 version.

I wouldn't recommend it for a current PC or old.

theMrCravens said:
If he intends to upgrade his PC in the near future, makes more sense to get the 64 version.

I wouldn't recommend it for a current PC or old.

Not for XP. There's no reason to get xp at all let alone 64.

Kade

Just got this game after Steam declined my credit card for 3 days for no reason. Hopefully it's worth all the trouble.

tomedo

Pre-ordered from Steam yesterday. This and Demon's Souls means not much time for other games this year. My daily playtime is quite limited... =(

tomedo said:
Pre-ordered from Steam yesterday. This and Demon's Souls means not much time for other games this year. My daily playtime is quite limited... =(
Eating and working takes to much time :mad: and sleeping!? Come on its 2009 and we haven´t solved the sleeping thing yet!!!

V_Arnold

When I checked the time to release, it said this morning "11 hours, 1 day".
I am afraid that will mean 24 hour more now (1 day it says still), but let us see if it changes in a few hours -.-"

epmode

lawblob said:
When does this actually become available to play? Midnight tonight?
Only Valve games get midnight releases. Maybe a few other games but certainly not a game from such a small developer.

Zzoram

Doytch said:
Remo put up an interview with project director Travis Baldree and CEO Max Schaefer on Gamasutra.
No incendiary quotes that I'll pull, but good nonetheless and I swear it's the first I heard about an actual free "MMO upgrade" when you buy Torchlight. I knew they were financing the MMO development with proceeds from this, but this sounds like it's gonna act as the base game for it, also? Would have liked more talk about the middle-ground PC landscape, though.

Does that mean Torchlight acts as the base game, and when the MMO box comes out, you don't have to buy anything to start subscribing?

It was a joke. As indicated by the [laugh]. They're saying think of the MMO that comes out later as a "free upgrade" because the MMO will be free.

ismaboof

Just watched the QL and goddamn I want it, but I still have Titan Quest for the D2D $5 deal. Fuck you bank account and limited time!

I will buy it on weekend sale.

Shinjitsu

Banned
Zeliard said:
Wow, the pet dog is fantastic.

He summons skeletons and can go back to town to sell your loot. :lol

You can customize the pets, you choose the spells they have, and both pets can sell items for you.

The fish that they couldn't find in the quick look (because you actually have to fish them up yourself) can morph your pet into other creatures.

epmode

I don't know if anyone here actually has an advance copy or anything but does this game support 2560x1600 resolution?

Just watched the quicklook, and I love how it looks in motion. I also just realized that steam has a small preorder discount on it. Damn you steam (or damn you lack of willpower).

Top Bottom