• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
layzie1989 said:
If DeDeDe turns out to be a top tier character and MetaKnight as well, I'm really going to resent Sakurai for doing that. It seems sort of selfish for him to add two kirby characters and make them so good.

So by your logic he has to deliberately make them underpowered just not to seem selfish ?

sp0rsk said:
I'll check my local store later, I hope they got it!

You'd bettter hurry! There are less than 500,000 available on day 1. We need you unlocking charas and posting launch day pics (so go back to buy another copy on launch day to report on the lines).

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
I'll be satisfied if the top/high tiers end up being occupied by cool characters. Unlike Melee.

Holy Order Sol said:
So by your logic he has to deliberately make them underpowered just not to seem selfish ?

No I'm just saying making them overpowered would seem like he made them that way because of his involvement with the Kirby series. I guess it's only natural to do that when you've worked with these characters for so long.

I'm saying this because I've been watching videos of DeDeDe playing, and he seems oddly quick, and his combos are crazy cheap, not to mention the waddle dees that he can throw only makes it worse. It's like a mixture of kirby, bowser, and link.

layzie1989 said:
I'm saying this because I've been watching videos of DeDeDe playing, and he seems oddly quick, and his combos are crazy cheap,

Err, no.

layzie1989 said:
not to mention the waddle dees that he can throw only makes it worse. It's like a mixture of kirby, bowser, and link.

Nothing wrong with the Waddle Dees, as he can only have two of them on screen at the same time. Also that guy playing was a great Melee player. He could probably make any character look good.

Sciz said:
You are the reason why NoA keeps putting angry eyebrows on the boxart of every Kirby title.

Doing things like kirby's air ride is definitely not helping. I have Kirby's Canvas Curse, but that's not a traditional kirby game. It seems the kirby series is better kept in 2d unless they do something amazing.

When they release another traditional kirby game i'll check it out for sure.

MisterHero

Dedede is actually pretty decently quick in the Kirby games. He isn't exactly heavy (he can suck in air and fly, after all).

His biggest fault is going to be his huge size. He can take punishment, but other characters could just as easily avoid the same punishment altogether.

As much as I like Waddle Dees, I think I would prefer him to throw Eggs (and random chances of Bombs :D) like in the Kirby's Adventure bonus game.

scottnak

OliveJuice said:
These are assumptions made from X minute videos. Let's just wait for the game before we start calling Y Z.

Yet this has been said so many times in this same exact formula. Not gonna stop it from happening alas. Well. I guess its just a few more days til it stops. Maybe.

coreycubed

Neo Member
layzie1989 said:
If DeDeDe turns out to be a top tier character and MetaKnight as well, I'm really going to resent Sakurai for doing that. It seems sort of selfish for him to add two kirby characters and make them so good.

edit: we'll have to wait and see though. Obviously we have no tiers yet and haven't seen match-ups between characters

lol @ consistently calling him "DeDeDe" and calling tiers, when you know that Sakurai's not creating tier structures in any of the games.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I've seen Youtube videos that make Mewtwo look incredible. It's way too early to pass judgment on anything yet.

Although if it makes you feel better, layzie, it looks like Lucas is turning out nicely.

MisterHero

Iam Canadian said:
I've seen Youtube videos that make Mewtwo look incredible.
What is people's opinions on this?

Is making a character look incredible like a miracle or is it that someone took the time to master the use of a character?

This isn't really meant to start a fistfight/debate, but just general opinions on the matter.

P.S. Dan Hibiki would be my main if he were ever in Smash. :(

farnham

Banned
MisterHero said:
What is people's opinions on this?

Is making a character look incredible like a miracle or is it that someone took the time to master the use of a character?

This isn't really meant to start a fistfight/debate, but just general opinions on the matter.

P.S. Dan Hibiki would be my main if he were ever in Smash. :(
Dan is the man

Guled

Formless said:
I just hope Snake isn't low or low mid tier. The whole grenades not exploding on impact thing is worrying me.
It won't really matter that much. Tiers don't say that much in SSB

coreycubed said:
Sakurai's not creating tier structures in any of the games.

Tier lists take into account individual character strength, matchups, and tournament results. By giving a character certain characteristics, he's giving it advantages over others. Unless Sakurai made it so everyone had the same strength and speed, there are going to be tiers. It's a system created by tournament players.

Now obviously tier lists arent the end all for who will always be the best character. A great player will always beat a meh player because of their knowledge of game fundamentals and general strategy.

By the way is there a official japanese brawl thread where we can discuss other brawl stuff? I'm afraid sp0rsk is gonna come in here and bring the hammer down...i'll stop talking about this and talk about how awesome the rest of the game is...

SO how about them custom stages!!!! Amazing feature, right? I know i'll be sending wacky ones to my friends for us to play on!

Fireblend

Banned
Chumly said:
:lol @ thread title
I don't get it...? Wikipedia's trying to help but I have no idea... D:
Oh and I hope Lucas isn't a top tier so my main character isn't used by 90% of the players. Same reason why I won't be using Link...

gwiz210

layzie1989 said:
By the way is there a official japanese brawl thread where we can discuss other brawl stuff? I'm afraid sp0rsk is gonna come in here and bring the hammer down...i'll stop talking about this and talk about how awesome the rest of the game is...
Its about time for an official thread, I mean its already showing up in some stores.

Christopher

I hope I c an play online with novice people :D - I hate those kinds of games where you play online and someone with nothing to do better all day beats your ass before you move

Tim-E

gwiz210 said:
Its about time for an official thread, I mean its already showing up in some stores.

They will make one when people have the game. It's 9 AM in Japan and the game isn't supposed to be out for another few days, so it may take a little bit of time.

Although I wish they'd hurry. I've been reading Smashboards looking for ANY information I can find ;_;

gwiz210 said:

According to sp0rsk, there will be a J-GAF impressions thread for the game - likely within the next day or so considering that someone here is going to have it within that time. I wouldn't try starting it unless you actually have the game, though, as I think it will be stepped on rather hard... ;-)

Chumly

Can we just make the japanese impressiosn thread now? Like someone that will keep it updated? Id be nice if someone kept up a awesome OP rather than the OP being law lawl lawl i got SSBB then we have to sift through the thread looking for info.

Chumly said:
Can we just make the japanese impressiosn thread now? Like someone that will keep it updated? Id be nice if someone kept up a awesome OP rather than the OP being law lawl lawl i got SSBB then we have to sift through the thread looking for info.

If we made it now, than the usual suspects, and I include myself in this, would go off on a tangent causing Sp0rsk to have to close it and making him angry. As he is who we need to get the info, I'd leave the task to him.

Chumly

crowphoenix said:
If we made it now, than the usual suspects, and I include myself in this, would go off on a tangent causing Sp0rsk to have to close it and making him angry. As he is who we need to get the info, I'd leave the task to him.
We can only go off on a tangent for so long though :D

scottnak

Chumly said:
We can only go off on a tangent for so long though :D
Riiight... All the way up until people lose their accounts! Fun stuff!

That said, Brawl has been impressively kept under the wraps. Kudos to Nintendo for however they did it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom