• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vivendi now has 24% of Ubisoft's capital (was 22%); 21% of their Voting rights

Justified

Google Translation:
The Group held at this date 24.059% of the capital and 21.296% of Ubisoft's voting rights, based on the number of shares and voting rights declared by the video game company September 30, 2016.

http://www.tradingsat.com/vivendi-F...passe-les-24-du-capital-d-ubisoft-706009.html

Google Translation:

Vivendi said Monday it reached on November 4 the statutory threshold of 24% of Ubisoft's capital and held at this date 24.059% of the capital and 21.296% of the voting rights of the world number three video games.

The announcement comes [after] Ubisoft has previously reiterated on Monday [its] determination to remain independent [from] Vivendi, its largest shareholder, while continuing its expansion into new segments like mobile through potential acquisitions and collaborations.

Read also
Create and manage your virtual portfolio
According to the latest available data before the threshold was crossed on Monday, the media group owned 22.5% of Ubisoft's capital before the founding family of the company (13%)

http://www.tradingsat.com/vivendi-F...-seuil-de-24-du-capital-d-ubisoft-706013.html

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
soon_1nezhg.jpg

AALLx

Ubisoft just recently opened a studio in a certain third-world country and is currently in the process of hiring. What is the implication of Vivendi taking over Ubisoft in regards to that particular studio? Would one say that the situation right now is very unstable and high-risk for anyone applying there?

Ubisoft just recently opened a studio in a certain third-world country and is currently in the process of hiring. What is the implication of Vivendi taking over Ubisoft in regards to that particular studio? Would one say that the situation right now is very unstable and high-risk for anyone applying there?
I mean you'd have a nice few months working there if you don't got other offers.

It's never a good thing when a third party not involved in the creative process holds power over your company. They aren't getting involved for their love of videogames

Since Ubisoft is a publicly traded company, it's not as if it is currently being run just for the love of videogames.

Justified

Yea. I work for a hospital (as a Network Engineer) and we are merging with another hospital (we will fall under their umbrella). The only assurance we got was our jobs were "safe" for a year then after that any overlap may be cut. (Luckily the Information Services side of things on both sides are short staffed, so I think Im good.)

border

What % does Vivendi need to take over full control?

I hope they are able to maintain their creative freedom to release a new identically designed open-world game every 10 months.

AALLx

I mean you'd have a nice few months working there if you don't got other offers.
Yea. I work for a hospital (as a Network Engineer) and we are merging with another hospital (we will fall under their umbrella). The only assurance we got was our jobs were "safe" for a year then after that any overlap may be cut. (Luckily the Information Services side of things on both sides are short staffed, so I think Im good.)
Damn. I was seriously considering dropping a job application (that I've already signed for) at a generic IT solutions corporation, to take an exam at that Ubi studio as a "Gameplay Programmer". I decided to pass on the exam and was really full of regret (I'm passing on my dreams for money basically), but now I feel like I dodged a bullet somehow.

I wish I were versed in the securities laws of France so I could better predict when Vivendi would jump the gun and issue a prospectus to shareholders to reshape the board. But I imagine it's going to require a significant defection from the current management group to oust Yves at this point - they've been shoring up for some time.

No, it would be the worst outcome for Ubisoft, their games and their employees.

Yeah they might concentrate on doing even more online experiences full of micro transactions ... oh wait.

If anything we might get a few good games greenlighted after buying Ubi if Vivendi wants to make their public image better.

Is this a good thing for the games/employees or not.

Let me ask the guys at Itele , a Tv station in france that he has bought since they have stopped working in protest of the awefull management since their acquisition ( 99.6% are in protest )

Let's see ... they answered "not good"

A News Tv station have stopped working since 96% of the journalist are protesting ... i wonder how this will translate at ubisoft

Xiao Hu

I wish I were versed in the securities laws of France so I could better predict when Vivendi would jump the gun and issue a prospectus to shareholders to reshape the board. But I imagine it's going to require a significant defection from the current management group to oust Yves at this point - they've been shoring up for some time.

At 30% they have to make a public bid if I remember correctly

So a quarter of the capital with a fifth of the voting power, Vivendi is slowly creeping up. I will not be surprised in the next year or two they will officially have enough to take over Ubisoft.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I will legit cry if Vivendi are successful. Ubisoft are by far the best third party publisher in this industry today. They are a shining light of this industry and if we lose them it will be disastrous. Good luck getting games like Steep greenlighted in the future if the takeover is successful. 7bisoft are the most underappreciated company in this industry and the quality, variety and creativity of their game lineup is pretty much unrivalled by any other third party publisher. I'm praying right now.

Top Bottom