• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Swap Note

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Just received the WaraWara stationery. Sent it out to everyone on my friends list.

Chrom

Denpa Men one is old, I think. Got that a few weeks ago (unless it's different one!).

92cqE.png

I mean this one. I'm only hearing about it today so I'm assuming it's new.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
I just received the new holiday themed stationery accompanied by a letter from "Nikki" - celebrating Swapnote's 1st anniversary. Hard to believe that a year ago today, we sent our first messages on the 3DS.

I can't take a photo because my phone is borked, but I've sent it out to all my friends.
It's a green background with red and white stars and candy canes.

Chrom

I just received the new holiday themed stationery accompanied by a letter from "Nikki" - celebrating Swapnote's 1st anniversary. Hard to believe that a year ago today, we sent our first messages on the 3DS.

I can't take a photo because my phone is borked, but I've sent it out to all my friends.
It's a green background with red and white stars and candy canes.

Funny you should mention that, because today is the 14th, but the message was sent today with a 21st date. I'm still confused about that.

BooJoh

Funny you should mention that, because today is the 14th, but the message was sent today with a 21st date. I'm still confused about that.

I get most of my special notes with a date older than when I receive them, and they get shuffled in between my recent notes. This one I actually got today, and I'm pretty sure the note said Nikki's birthday is the 21st and SwapNote's anniversary is the day after.

zroid

Banned
It just means the system the note was sent from had its date set to the 21st at the time of writing. Or whatever variation of that is relevant to how the "special" notes are sent out.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I was about to say. Swapnote was launched on the 21st so it's a tad bit early to celebrate 1 year. I was even going to send out my own anniversary note but it seems Nikki beat me to the punch.

grumpy

A friend trying to describe Swapnote to some other guy:
"It's what email would have been like if the Internet had been created by Willy Wonka"

axisofweevils

Still haven't seen the new Denpa Men stationery, which is unusual for me.
Maybe J-GAF are too busy with their Wii Us?

Chrom

Someone said that they got it because they had played the Denpa Men 2 eShop demo at some point. It's weird but it seems like the original distribution didn't garner as many people getting the stationery as others did, so it looks like it's the rarest one at the moment.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Has anyone else got a timelocked note or is it just one of my contacts playing silly buggers?Quite annoying that it doesn't tell you the date it opens.

zigg

Has anyone else got a timelocked note or is it just one of my contacts playing silly buggers?Quite annoying that it doesn't tell you the date it opens.
I got a ton of them for Christmas from various friends.

I believe you can tell how long it's got to go by looking at the position of the hand. The one I currently have is pointing to the lower right, which means it'll open in five days (counting clockwise)—January 1.

Chrom

I don't have any timelocked notes at the moment.

And yeah, the position of the hand is supposed to be a countdown for the day when you can read a timelocked note.

axisofweevils

Just got New Year stationery from "Nikki". (It was a time locked letter, sent a few days ago.)
Guess you'll get it when it hits 2013 - if not, I've sent it out. (Fireworks on a blue background.)

(I think that was the letter BGBW was talking about.)

Chrom

There's another New Year's stationery in addition to the fireworks one. It has what I think are birds on it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oddly enough the sealed message I was talking about earlier was a Christmas one but it didn't want to open until now. My previous message was even posted after Christmas.

axisofweevils

The bird stationery seems to be very elusive.
Anyone received it yet?

racerx77

Banned
Does anyone have the New Year's stationary from Japan with the birds and the third Denpa Men 2 one? Haven't had any luck getting those two yet, so if someone could send them to me, that'd be great! Also, if anyone needs a certain one other than those two, let me know, my FC is 0087-2320-9849.Thanks!

Tyeforce

There's yet another new stationery! This time it's for Pokédex 3D Pro and features Genesect. Not sure which regions, but I would guess North America, though I haven't received the official Swapnote yet myself (a friend sent it to me).

Chrom

There's yet another new stationery! This time it's for Pokédex 3D Pro and features Genesect. Not sure which regions, though I would guess North America, though I haven't received the official Swapnote yet myself (a friend sent it to me).

Cool, I wasn't aware of this one. I hope I get it soon.

Oh snap... I wasn't aware that there was a bird one for New Years. If anyone would like to share that with me, I'd be grateful.

1547-5196-7398

Let me know who you are too so I can add you. I think I have everything else minus the EU Crashmo one since my US one overrode that stationary. *shakes fist*

I pay every stationary forward I get on mine, by the way... plus I try to respond to any SwapNotes people send me. Unless I really don't have anything to contribute - which happens on occasion.

axisofweevils

I have the bird, but I don't have the newest Denpa Men or Pokedex Pro stationery.

I've already sent the Bird out to all my friends, but I'll send it again in case you haven't got it.

I have the bird, but I don't have the newest Denpa Men or Pokedex Pro stationery.

I've already sent the Bird out to all my friends, but I'll send it again in case you haven't got it.

I'll add you now and send over the DenpaMen. Don't have the Pokédex Pro one yet either (forgot that was just added) but I can send it as soon as I see it.

racerx77

Banned
Chromie,I can send you the stationaries i have. Also, a few posts up, i see YoshiRider needed the second Denpa Men 2 stationary, did you still need that one? I can send it if you do.

Lastly, Eudaenonic, is it ok if I add you? If so, can you send me the third Denpa Men and New Years with the birds ones? FC is 0087-2320-9849. Thanks for any help!

Best dragon ever.

Awesome I'll just add you now then and you can send them whenever.

Oh good. At least you knew what I was talking about. *laughing* She's the only dragon I make an exception for as far as gnome forms are concerned. :p Krasus is my favorite dragon overall though. <3

Got ya on my list... I'll start pushing some of them out through out the day. :)

I'm in need of the bird, third Denpa Men and Pokedex 3D stationary too so if anyone could send me those that would be great.
1418-6802-8519

I'll grab ya though I don't have the Pokédex one yet. I'll send as soon as I see ya in my friends list. (And sent!)

racerx77

Banned
Eudaemonic, thanks! Added you and Chromie. If anyone else needs any of the special stationaries, let me know and i'll add you. I don't really do alot of swapnoting, but i always try and pass the new stationary along!

Top Bottom