• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Onechanbara Z2 announced for PS4

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Killer app.

http://gematsu.com/2014/07/onechanbara-z2-chaos-announced-ps4

Onechanbara Z2: Chaos is in development at D3 Publisher for PlayStation 4, this week’s Famitsu reveals.

Due out in Japan this October, the game is the first full HD 1080p entry in the series, and will run at 60 frames per second.

The game features four characters, which players can switch between during gameplay. It will feature a new “Cross Merge Combination Element,” which sees several characters attack at once. It will utilize the PlayStation 4 touch pad with a new “Quick Time Kill” element, a special attack that can be used against boss enemies.

pants

is3MzYPt0Yo4q.gif

Shengar

The first time I've ever heard from Japanese developer that they aiming for 1080p and 60FPS. If only such vigor get viral to other developer as well.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
キタ━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ッ

JordanN

Banned
So is the game a port or a sequel? I imagine the 2 implies it's a sequel.

The first time I've ever heard from Japanese developer that they aiming for 1080p and 60FPS. If only such vigor get viral to other developer as well.

Ridge Racer 7?

Kyoufu

Have you not heard of MGSV? I'm sure there are more 1080p 60fps Japanese games out there.

RyoonZ

Banned
This is the same developer who made Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus?

Senran Kagura Estival Versus 1080p 60fps confirmed!!!

mao2

Whoa, what a surprise. TBH I thought this series is dead after the previous game's lackluster sales. I hope Aya and Saki are main characters again because I really dislike Kagura.

Kyoufu

Thank you for informing me since I don't follow both games as much. As expected from big publishers, but still its nice to see that they know what they have on hand and try to push the boundary.
*took a glance at Bloodborne*

I think 1080p 60fps Japanese PS4 games will be common, as mid-tier games don't exactly push the hardware technically so it shouldn't be difficult to aim for high performance.

Earth Defense Force 5 will still run at 10 fps though.

Pricken

Never tried these games out, but I like how the characters look and the combat from the video above looks satisfying. Hope this game finds its way over.

artsi

Yakuza Ishin is 1080p / 60fps on PS4. I'm hoping the same from Yakuza 6, the battles just feel so more fluid.

Cornbread78

Well, that's a start Japan, a very slow start, but it's something. Hopefully, SCEA tries to work with the devs and pubs in Japan to try and get these at least subtitled and digitally released in the US if they don't want to pay for full physical release overseas.

Top Bottom