• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

NomarTyme

According to Nazta we're getting another attack + 15% from the mog king, but it costs 35k. Not sure if it's worth it for that much. Have to see how much currency we're getting from the rare spawn.
North worth for me. I have 6 sheras.

Valentus

So Queen barrage is 5x110% , like It was already enhanced +1 for free...

Dammit gumi you Will make me pull just to test queen

Congrats! Some great TM units mixed in there, as well. Solid pulls.
Yes, thanks! I managed to complete Shera's TM so I'm really stoked about that.

Also, I have about 3 slots left on my friends list. Would love for anyone who doesn't have me to send a request!

bonkeng

Why are you smiling D:

I Will do a 11 pull yo get enough units for bonus.

Oops:C

I hope you'll get her so we can have a 100% bonus shared unit.

I'd like to get Queen too but I'm already too stacked with dps units. She'll just rust in my bench.

Visceir

Did a couple more ticket pulls today since I plan to pretty much skip the next banner entirely. No shines but did get Olive, pretty cool that I've managed to grab both the GL exclusives since I started.

Guess that means I'll have a whole another TM team to get done sometimes in the future (Garland, Bartz, Snow, Olive).

bonkeng

Did a couple more ticket pulls today since I plan to pretty much skip the next banner entirely. No shines but did get Olive, pretty cool that I've managed to grab both the GL exclusives since I started.

Guess that means I'll have a whole another TM team to get done sometimes in the future (Garland, Bartz, Snow, Olive).

Nice and gratz!

Which other exclusive did you get?

Valentus

Oops:C

I hope you'll get her so we can have a 100% bonus shared unit.

I'd like to get Queen too but I'm already too stacked with dps units. She'll just rust in my bench.

But you are right in what are you trying to say. I wont go bananas again like Randi and Yun fiasco, and specially not for fucking Queen.

Now nine i really want to analyse. he has +250% jump damage, and his hyper drive jump (3 turn jump for 450% damage) could be colossal jump damage. Its really sad that killers and elements still dont affect jump damage in GL.

My lapis are saved for Orlandu or Eileen, and for Raid orb refills for bae Yshtola

Lyrian

According to Nazta we're getting another attack + 15% from the mog king, but it costs 35k. Not sure if it's worth it for that much. Have to see how much currency we're getting from the rare spawn.

Event currency should be more or less normalized by now. There shouldn't be any surprises, outside of perhaps how much phantoma Nimbus yields per run when it appears.

35k for the ATK + 15% is a pretty hefty discount from the last time it was offered.

Shock to no one.... all the good materias are indeed locked to specific units. Cheerleader is locked to Cinque, which makes it useless.

Outside of the sure-to-appear 70k moogle, the 35k ATK materia is the most expensive item out there, followed by a 15k MP +15%.

Doesn't look hard at all to get all the goodies, unlike last time, if one ignores the 70k moogle?

Valentus

450% damage +220% from passives = 1575% damage?

If the jump has 3 turn delay, then its like 525% per turn?

DAMN.... really really pisses me off that killers and element dont affect jump attacks in GL yet...

450% damage +220% from passives = 1575% damage?

If the jump has 3 turn delay, then its like 525% per turn?

DAMN.... really really pisses me off that killers and element dont affect jump attacks in GL yet...

Yeah what the hell

Would actually make Jump GOOD with that tiny change

Lyrian

Fuck me

Now I feel like an idiot. God.

Dont feel bad, I was just in there and went to try and buy one of the daily Gil bundles and got booted without taking any.pics as well

A lot of the same, megacrysts, 6* mat, etc. Didn't check out the bundles.

Per Reddit, it's the typical on-event themed daily bundle.

Some gigantaurs, 6* awakening mats, and a handful of event currency for 500 lapis.

As per normal now a days, there is the "big bundle" for the featured 5* of the week. Swap Olive's name on the bundle for Queen and slap some bonus phantoma in it and you pretty much have the same thing.

Event currency should be more or less normalized by now. There shouldn't be any surprises, outside of perhaps how much phantoma Nimbus yields per run when it appears.

35k for the ATK + 15% is a pretty hefty discount from the last time it was offered.

Shock to no one.... all the good materias are indeed locked to specific units. Cheerleader is locked to Cinque, which makes it useless.

Outside of the sure-to-appear 70k moogle, the 35k ATK materia is the most expensive item out there, followed by a 15k MP +15%.

Doesn't look hard at all to get all the goodies, unlike last time, if one ignores the 70k moogle?

Totally called the exclusive materia

Yup easily avoidable

Visceir

Nice and gratz!

Which other exclusive did you get?

Started in january with a noctis acc, lucked out and got Yun and Ace. Both have something exclusive to GL..and now Olive.

GL being fairly generous to me with rainbows. Fortunately none of them were trolls either.

Gonna do a single daily, and a single 10+1 in hopes of some bonus units. I really want 4 Nine TM's to stack with 2 Growth Eggs, but honestly we are probably getting King Cactuars soon so it won't even matter that much anymore.

Queen is probably one of the lower end 5 star base units for sure

Shes kind of like a better version of DKC but without the amazing TM

That said she has some interesting mechanics with her exclusive abilities. In a short fight with the right gear she can dish out some massive damage.

You can use her Exclusive Materia to kill herself (it was doubled almost in power btw) or whatever other abilties she has to eat HP. Once she gets auto revived she now has the 200% atk bonus.

Pop Devastate and watch the damage

However she doesnt get any other modifiers (but has high innate base ATK) killers or weapon masteries so her potential... much like DKC... is going to be very gear dependent

Still. If you are a new player and just snag her off a ticket she can fill the slot well until you get something better

creid

Just an FYI to whoever maintains the GAF playbook, the FAQ still warns about troll rainbows:

The problem here are 'troll rainbows' -- units that can promote up to 5 but are likely a 'base 3'. Gumi supposedly has a fix to remove those from the rainbow pool coming but don't hold your breath.

Pejo

So I almost have Olive to 100 (thanks maze!) If i'm seeing how Doublehand stacking works correctly, I want more +atk gear than +atk%, right?

So like hyper wrist instead of hero rings, etc.?

Muku

1/2 Pull on main:

Blue

Oh, it's going to be something crappy. (Because I don't get blue things with good TMs to merge. Just crappy ones.)

But then goes to Gold and I tell my husband "Oh, it's Gold now."

Asks who I can get that's worth it and I say "Leon." Still haven't gotten him.

Crack it open.... LEON!!!

Also, good news is last night on Alt I got Shine to 100 as well as a 100 on my Main. Woot. Thank you Maze.

Azuran

Banned
Third daily pull Shine. It looks like that girl is going to be dominating my next TM run along with a couple of Sheras

bonkeng

Just an FYI to whoever maintains the GAF playbook, the FAQ still warns about troll rainbows:

Troll Rainbows still exist though. But no longer the typical 3~5* units. Delita and Ace are the new trolls.

So I almost have Olive to 100 (thanks maze!) If i'm seeing how Doublehand stacking works correctly, I want more +atk gear than +atk%, right?

So like hyper wrist instead of hero rings, etc.?

Yep, always go for pure atk instead of % atk in a Doublehand set up.

I wouldn't have minded an Ace "troll rainbow" if I'd had bought his exclusive materia lol. I'm really waiting for that Dark Fina "troll rainbow" so I can really "rage" :)

At this point Delita, Ramza, any of those guys would be welcome.

There really isnt a REAL troll rainbow guys

DKC is probably the least useful unit of the bunch but he can be built to be a bruiser anyways and his TM is one of the best swords in the game

Delita is slightly more useful than DKC and has a less potent sword than deathbringer. So arguably if we are gonna talk troll rainbows... its going to be between Delita/DKC

Ramza is less useful these days with Ling around and most bosses resisting breaks these days. That said he still has one of the best TMRs available.

RedZaraki

Banned
There really isnt a REAL troll rainbow guys

DKC is probably the least useful unit of the bunch but he can be built to be a bruiser anyways and his TM is one of the best swords in the game

Delita is slightly more useful than DKC and has a less potent sword than deathbringer. So arguably if we are gonna talk troll rainbows... its going to be between Delita/DKC

Ramza is less useful these days with Ling around and most bosses resisting breaks these days. That said he still has one of the best TMRs available.

Delita Sword is a regular sword though, which is WAY nicer for Luneth.

Valentus

Queen is probably one of the lower end 5 star base units for sure

Shes kind of like a better version of DKC but without the amazing TM

That said she has some interesting mechanics with her exclusive abilities. In a short fight with the right gear she can dish out some massive damage.

You can use her Exclusive Materia to kill herself (it was doubled almost in power btw) or whatever other abilties she has to eat HP. Once she gets auto revived she now has the 200% atk bonus.

Pop Devastate and watch the damage

However she doesnt get any other modifiers (but has high innate base ATK) killers or weapon masteries so her potential... much like DKC... is going to be very gear dependent

Still. If you are a new player and just snag her off a ticket she can fill the slot well until you get something better

Honestly? i see Queen being better than donkey kong.

But her use must be very elaborated and need some help of her party.

Let me explain:

Queen has this skill:

Code:
6* Level 28: Flinchproof Martyr [20MP]
Self 1% HP Auto-Revive 5 turns buff

So turn 1 you activate this, and kill her (!) with another powerfull unit of your team. (Noctis, gilga, olive...) and she will revive with 1% HP.

that event will activate this:

Code:
6* Level 1: Berserk [Passive]
Increase ATK (200%) for 3 turns when HP drops below 3%

And she will gain +356 ATK for 3 turns.

....And in turns 2 to 5, you activate this:

Devastate (30 MP)

5x110% Random target attacks.

With dual weild, that would be 1100%, with a unit that in that moment will have 1251 ATK

...Doesnt seems bad looking that way right?

H3xum

Honestly? i see Queen being better than donkey kong.

But her use must be very elaborated and need some help of her party.

Let me explain:

Queen has this skill:

Code:
6* Level 28: Flinchproof Martyr [20MP]
Self 1% HP Auto-Revive 5 turns buff

So turn 1 you activate this, and kill her (!) with another powerfull unit of your team. (Noctis, gilga, olive...) and she will revive with 1% HP.

that event will activate this:

Code:
6* Level 1: Berserk [Passive]
Increase ATK (200%) for 3 turns when HP drops below 3%

And she will gain +356 ATK for 3 turns.

....And in turns 2 to 5, you activate this:

Devastate (30 MP)

5x110% Random target attacks.

With dual weild, that would be 1100%, with a unit that in that moment will have 1251 ATK

...Doesnt seems bad looking that way right?

Seems legit as long as you're fighting ST units and not AOE. I am not as brave as you though so I will let you do it and then watch your video with glee

Pejo

Troll Rainbows still exist though. But no longer the typical 3~5* units. Delita and Ace are the new trolls.

Yep, always go for pure atk instead of % atk in a Doublehand set up.

Thanks! I was playing around on the unit caclulator, and it looks like I can get Olive to 996 attack with Ifrit and a bunch of spare TMs that I wouldn't be using on Noctis. Here's what I came up with:

Olive 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Sparky +120ATK+Lightning Element
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Black Belt Gi +8ATK+24DEF
Accessory 1: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Accessory 2: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Ability 1: Doublehand +50% Equipment ATK
Ability 2: Successor +15% ATK/HP +20%Fire Resistance
Ability 3: Successor +15% ATK/HP +20%Fire Resistance
Ability 4: Successor +15% ATK/HP +20%Fire Resistance
Esper: Ifrit HP:4500 MP:2200 ATK:5100 DEF:2800 MAG:2100 SPR:2100
Total Stats: HP: 6472 MP: 172 ATK: 996 DEF: 201 MAG: 127 SPR: 168

Man there is a lot of room for good Attack focused body armors. I think the only "good" ones are Brave Suit and Demon Mail. Is Black Belt Gi really still the 3rd best option after all this time and TMs?

Thanks! I was playing around on the unit caclulator, and it looks like I can get Olive to 996 attack with Ifrit and a bunch of spare TMs that I wouldn't be using on Noctis. Here's what I came up with:

Olive 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator

Man there is a lot of room for good Attack focused body armors. I think the only "good" ones are Brave Suit and Demon Mail. Is Black Belt Gi really still the 3rd best option after all this time and TMs?

Depends on if you have Dark Knight's Soul.

RedZaraki

Banned

Olive 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator

Olive can't equip Demon Mail.

Pejo

Olive can't equip Demon Mail.

Oh yea I know, I just meant atk body options in general. Plus I have Equip Heavy Armor from Firion if it made a big difference. Still wouldn't do it on Olive without swords.

I'm just shocked that after all these units and events, Black Belt Gi comes in at the #3 attack piece for the body slot, and it's been out since Global release

Wow, I closed my eyes and begged the exvius gods for a shine but I when I opened my eyes I got this out of nowhere

8hC7QFE.jpg

Pretty happy with this since I finally have a base 5* dps unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom