• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Blaze puts Tomi Lahren show on hold after she voiced 'pro-choice' stance

Status
Not open for further replies.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Me right now:

Rr6o2TX.gif

Indeed. The schadenfreude is real

Amazing that the one time she doesn't spew buzzwords and hate is the straw that breaks the camel's back.

You would think the Blaze would welcome her having such views as it would add some nuance to her shtick, but alas.

Mugsy

Republicans seem to have picked some parts of libertarianism while throwing out the parts they don't like. Tomi seems to have picked one more part than the official republican platform.

fade_

They were so busy ranting about the important issues like a black man kneeling during the anthem that they just now found out her stance on abortion?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i think Fox or someone will totally take her in, this will probably end up being a good career move

"I'm sorry Tomi but according to our reports, you're only 95 percent Nazi, and we need you at 100% Nazi."

Reminder, this did not get her fired:

TomiLahren.jpg

Did she actually say she was Pro-Choice?

Edit- yup she did.

What an odd thing to admit when all you do is promote anti-abortion politicians and judges.

I mean, that...actually makes sense.

Which is probably why conservatives are losing their shit.
Pro choice has always seemed to me to be an ideal that meshes well with the limited government ideology. Conservatives are just ran by Evangelical Christians and constantly break that ideology whenever its time to fuck over women's healthcare.

riotous

Banned
Republicans seem to have picked some parts of libertarianism while throwing out the parts they don't like. Tomi seems to have picked one more part than the official republican platform.

Famous alleged psuedo-libertarian Ron Paul did more to attempt to make abortion illegal than any other GOP congressman in the last decade of his career.

It was super hilarious; I remember noticing that RonPaul.com, the official "fan site" of Ron Paul, had a long section on abortion that claimed Ron Paul was for "states rights" concerning abortion. The site was quite proud of the idea that Ron Paul supported the idea of people choosing in each State how to handle it; their messaging was borderling pro-choice.

The reality was that Ron Paul's bill he kept trying to pass would have made abortion equivalent to murder at the federal level; he then said stuff like "it would be up to the States how to punish people"... which is exactly how murder, and all crime, is handled today.

At some point during the 2008 campaign Ron Paul's fan site realized that he was actually staunchly against abortion and that he wanted it to be illegal in the US; previously proud of the near pro-choice BS they thought Paul supported.. what did they do? Remove the section? Stop supporting Ron Paul?

Nope; they just changed that section of the web site to be in support of making abortion illegal across the country and bragged about how Ron Paul took that Pro Life pledge from that one big christian political group.

NYR

"I'm sorry Tomi but according to our reports, you're only 95 percent Nazi, and we need you at 100% Nazi."

Reminder, this did not get her fired:

TomiLahren.jpg
She shows her age with this crap, never had a hard day in her life, very little compassion.

Ishan

Btw are there any famous conservatives who flipped liberal ? I know of that one white supremecists after college . But after a certain age say post 22 most flip the other way if they do right ?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Btw are there any famous conservatives who flipped liberal ? I know of that one white supremecists after college . But after a certain age say post 22 most flip the other way if they do right ?

She's not likely to become a liberal any time soon.

ZOONAMI

I read she is a giant diva and everyone she works with hates her. Rumor is she has gotten big enough to go where ever she wants.

Hell CNN would probably hire her with McEnany already on their panels.

I've always kind of thought Lahren never really believed half the shit she was saying, just pandering to fools who she knew could make her rich.

Wouldn't be a bad pivot for her imo. Maybe she senses the trump train crashing with all this Russian stuff.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Hell CNN would probably hire her with McEnany already on their panels.

I've always kind of thought Lahren never really believed half the shit she was saying, just pandering to fools who she knew could make her rich.

She's from South Dakota. Her views are pretty much in line with the majority of folks in the state.

Ishan

She's not likely to become a liberal any time soon.
Oh I am not thinking that she's way off one end right now , I'm just wondering in the sense of do ppl especially there highly politically active ones change their viewpoints over the long run ,

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
This is the only thing I like out of everything she has said. Don't forget she is a full on Trump defender.

Bladenic

So confused, like I'm semi-happy to see this after years of her spouting her bullshit and yet I can't help but slightly (oh so ever slightly) respect that she didn't fall in line for every single republican thing.

Regardless even if she's fired, her base is probably strong and big enough that she can parlay this into a successful move.

ZOONAMI

She's from South Dakota. Her views are pretty much in line with the majority of folks in the state.

My mom is from Sodak (granted more from the age of Daschle before the state went to shit). She thinks half of her family is nuts (they are). Completely bought into Republican drivel despite living off of pensions.

Like I said in the other topic, Ayn Rand was pro-choice, too. She has one reasonable opinion stuck in a haystack of shit.

While I may have seen an opportunity to show kindness from the "left" in a less severe case, she can sort her own shit out here.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Oh I am not thinking that she's way off one end right now , I'm just wondering in the sense of do ppl especially there highly politically active ones change their viewpoints over the long run ,

If Fred Phelps can have a deathbed conversion, anything can happen. Probably unlikely, though.

My mom is from Sodak (granted more from the age of Daschle before the state went to shit). She thinks half of her family is nuts (they are). Completely bought into Republican drivel despite living off of pensions.

The state has been shit since long before Daschle. As an aside, I still can't believe he was voted out.

Prediction:

"Something something my comments were made while I was confused or I misspoke or whatever excuse Republicans use to backpedal."

It's really lame that things have gotten so polarized all round that you get shunned if you have one or two views that are contrary to the group belong in then you must be ostracized

let's mix things up for a week or two and swap a couple positions around for the lulz

pro life conservatives
climate change skeptic progressives

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Tomi could actually recover from this is she says something like "OF COURSE I'm pro-life! I was just tricking the stupid intolerant liberals on the View when I said that!"

ZOONAMI

If Fred Phelps can have a deathbed conversion, anything can happen. Probably unlikely, though.

The state has been shit since long before Daschle. As an aside, I still can't believe he was voted out.

Well yeah she's a boomer, so back when a more split government there was the relative norm. She moved to MN in the late 70s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom