• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
Hopefully with the P3 movie coming out we'll see some more figures from that game. I'd love for someone to do a figure of Yukari.

Jayhawk

After johnsmith's overview of the Persona figures out there, I ordered the Megahouse Yukiko figure and found a Lisa Silverman figure off mandarake. I got them both this week, but I can't be bothered to open them and a whole slew of other figures I got recently since I am moving soon. I am dreading moving in a few weeks when I have to take out figures from my curio and carefully move some of the more delicate figures across the city.

I am currently content with my Megahouse Izanagi but will not hesitate to buy an Izanagi-no-Okami if they ever put one out (the D-Arts figure doesn't count).

I am currently content with my Megahouse Izanagi but will not hesitate to buy an Izanagi-no-Okami if they ever put one out (the D-Arts figure doesn't count).

D-Arts are pretty good though, smallish figures but good posable figures, and on that note I have all the D-Arts Persona so far =D

D-Arts are pretty good though, smallish figures but good posable figures, and on that note I have all the D-Arts Persona so far =D

I know and I want to buy the figure but in terms of his scale versus this (part of my work desk):

88D8EADC-CA8D-4ED5-AC2C-5686B85796AB-1309-000000D9C635BCC6_zps4e21ff52.jpg

would look kinda silly.

sca2511

Are any of you guys more likely to get figures over statues or vice versa? I lean towards statues, since I can't see the joints and they usually come in a nice size. After looking at some of the Persona Figmas, I've been kind of wanting to get one. I like the idea of making different poses, though seeing the joints will bug me. It sort of makes sense with Metis or Aegis though.

How about you guys? Any preference? I think I've seen this discussed on here in the past.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It really baffles me that they didn't try to make Figma of Yu or Yosuke. Like I understand the waifu factor for selling the ladies is strong but how can you not even make the main character of the series..?

It's the most baffling because if you look at the poll they put out for most popular Persona characters, it's like Yu Narukami, Adachi, Naoto, Yosuke, etc. I think Chie's pretty high up too, but it's just weird to do Aegis or Yukiko before them.

Lol. At least I'll be right there when you go binge buy some figure at Fanime or AX. Hell, you might binge when we go back go Sac-Anime in the fall.

Btw, you should show off your Marylin Monroe Kanji keychain. :3

Impossible. I have Tenshi (GSC) and Asuna (Koto) on pre-order. Only figure I would seriously binge buy would be Totori.

Impossible. I have Tenshi (GSC) and Asuna (Koto) on pre-order. Only figure I would seriously binge buy would be Totori.

And I have HT Black Widow & Iron Man Mark VII on pre-order so no way am I budging until Megahouse makes an Izanagi-no-Okami the same size as Izanagi.

...Nendo Teddie may be a binge. We shall see. :p

johnsmith

remember me
There was one poll, it's a scan so I won't link it, but this is the list, with the bolded characters getting real (not trading, not prize) figures.
  1. Yu
  2. Yosuke
    [*]Chie
  3. Naoto
    [*]Aegis
  4. Nanako
    [*]P3 Male MC
    [*]Rise
  5. Shinjiro
    [*]Teddie
    [*]Yukiko
  6. P3 Female MC
    [*]Mitsuru
  7. Koromaru
    [*]Akihiko
    [*]Elizabeth
  8. P2 MC
  9. Yukari
  10. Chidori
  11. Kanji

The list sounds like BS to me. Kanji is last but Shinjiro is in the top 10? Really? Kanji has a million times the charm and personality of Shinjiro, who was dead for most of P3. Maybe it's the Aeris effect of the death increasing a boring character's popularity, who knows. Aegis is also very popular, and easily has the most figures of any Persona character, as Japan loves their robot girls.

Rootbeer

Banned
While those Pokemon figs look great, I'm glad I'm not interested. I have plenty of shit to collect as it is. :)

I might break down for a Chespin though :p i love his design

johnsmith

remember me
Speaking of Persona figures, if anybody wants Kotobukiya's Akihiko, I just bought him for $78.41 shipped and there's a bunch more left from an Italian seller. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Persona-3-Sanada-Akihiko-1-10-Pvc-Statue-KOTOBUKIYA-/330789596271
There's no reports of this guy being bootlegged, looks like it might be some German/Italian store cleaning out old inventory.

I've never seen this guy pop up on mandarake or amiami's preowned, and his US ebay prices are ridonculous, so I ordered him right away. It really sucks he's not to scale to Mitsuru though. Instead they made him to be paired up with the P3 MC which I will never own because he sells for 10-15,000 if he even pops up on mandarake.

gwukV.png

vareon

Oh man, had no idea these were coming too!!

d-arts+venusaur+blastoise.jpg

Don't get your hopes too high for this. Bandai has been known to showcase prototypes and then we have no news for years, particularly in their "no photo" section of the show (as you can see from the sign). Still, we might see them come if Mewtwo and Charizard is successful.

johnsmith

remember me
Got a package from amiami today. These guys are really cute. I can see why they're so popular. Human teddie doesn't come with any extra arms or faces, so that's literally the only pose he can take. Kind of disappointing, but overall I like them. I'd definitely grab the rest of the cast if they made them.
iKURHU61Cft89.png

Acid08

Banned
Was there ever a good Yukari figure released? I want dat.

I also REALLY want this but the prices are outrageous. Looks like $200 at the very least.

review_migbats_3.jpg

LiK

Was there ever a good Yukari figure released? I want dat.

I also REALLY want this but the prices are outrageous. Looks like $200 at the very least.

review_migbats_3.jpg

i have this! yea, it's really nice.

they rereleased it but changed the bat symbol to the circle one so it would not be the same. probably easier to find that one.

ah, noticed they reversed the base colors too.

review_bbwmm2_4.jpg

Acid08

Banned
i have this! yea, it's really nice.

they rereleased it but changed the bat symbol to the circle one so it would not be the same. probably easier to find that one.

ah, noticed they reversed the base colors too.

review_bbwmm2_4.jpg

I like that one too.

guh time to do some shopping.

Nobody's ever made a single Yukari figure. Not even a trading or prize figure.

man, that is some bullshit.

CUD

Banned
I recently got the Figma Silver Crow figure and sold my Revoltech Gurren Lagann and Lazengann figures but that was only to get money to buy the Super Robot Chogokin Gurren Lagann that's coming out soon. Holy shit that one looks awesome.

I plan on getting some more Figma figures, possibly more Accel World related Figmas.

Hero

Despite my girlfriend never having played any of the Persona games she really likes the character designs and had me pre-order the upcoming P4A Aegis and Labrys figures for her. Also placed an order for Pit and Pitoo.

And yeah, definitely need a Yu Figma. And a Brosuke. And Rise. Damnit. :(

Ken

Despite my girlfriend never having played any of the Persona games she really likes the character designs and had me pre-order the upcoming P4A Aegis and Labrys figures for her. Also placed an order for Pit and Pitoo.

And yeah, definitely need a Yu Figma. And a Brosuke. And Rise. Damnit. :(

Labrys figure? Not the figma? Where?!

Aw nevermind, you're probably talking about the figma. Forgot that hasn't come out yet.

Looking at the figma again, I should probably pick her up seeing as she was my main after all. Still hoping for a non-figma figure of her though.

LosDaddie

Banned
Do you own any other Hot Toy figures? I remember when I got my first one it was a Classic Predator and I guess I built unrealistic expectations for him in my head that when I got him I was a little underwhelmed. That quickly went away though after taking time to appreciate him an take pictures of it and stuff and now he feels very worth the money. Also recently got myself Rises Batman and he feels worth every penny. I think Hulk is going to be an amazing figure personally and a very hot seller and you should have no problem selling him if you end up not liking him

i own over 35+ and every single one is 5 stars. The face sculpts are always amazing and the accessories (If there are any) are also awesome. I've never been disappointed. The only figure's face they never got right was probably Sheva from RE5.

And ohthegore is right. HTs are quite resellable even if loose.

The only issue I have is the pricing which seems to go up every few months.

The build is good but once in a while you get some faults. Luckily sideshow will replace parts. Great customer service.

I wanted the full avenger set but it is kind of steep lol.

And resellable point is also something you can fall back on if you have buyers remorse.

Thanks, guys. I appreciated the responses.

I guess I'll keep my HT Avengers Hulk preorder for now. I'm heading to my comic shop to put another $30 down later today. Have to make small enough payments so that it slips under my wife's radar. :) If I do get Hulk and am pleased with the figure, then I'll probably score the inevitable Iron Man 3 HT figure, too.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I did find it funny that people were saying figma Link as where they drew the line on dealing with BBTS. Like, I can think of plenty of other reasons.

For example,
Amiami. Charizard D-Arts 2,790 yen aka 31 dollars with 'cheap' shipping being about 7 bucks
BBTS. Charizard D-Arts, 59.99 with 9 dollar shipping

And I almost always get the item quicker from Amiami than BBTS the few times I put up with them. Only useful thing about them is the pile of loot.

I did find it funny that people were saying figma Link as where they drew the line on dealing with BBTS. Like, I can think of plenty of other reasons.

For example,
Amiami. Charizard D-Arts 2,790 yen aka 31 dollars with 'cheap' shipping being about 7 bucks
BBTS. Charizard D-Arts, 59.99 with 9 dollar shipping

And I almost always get the item quicker from Amiami than BBTS the few times I put up with them. Only useful thing about them is the pile of loot.
Where do you live?
The rest I agree with but that seems terrible, even with BBTS's cheapest shipping I receive items in like 2 days.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Where do you live? the rest I agree with but that seems terrible, even with BBTS's cheapest shipping I receive items in 2 days.

I live in the US. Obviously stocking might be different when you consider import vs non-import, but BBTS is always one of the last places to get stocked for me. I remember Mega Man X showing up EVERYWHERE before BBTS. Like, just talking availability on their page. Unless you mean, if they shipped at the same time. Yeah BBTS would be faster, but they never do because BBTS's shipment has to get to them then get to me. It takes so long for BBTS to get it, that it's quicker to import from amiami.

I live in the US. Obviously stocking might be different when you consider import vs non-import, but BBTS is always one of the last places to get stocked for me. I remember Mega Man X showing up EVERYWHERE before BBTS. Like, just talking availability on their page. Unless you mean, if they shipped at the same time. Yeah BBTS would be faster, but they never do because BBTS's shipment has to get to them then get to me. It takes so long for BBTS to get it, that it's quicker to import from amiami.
Oh my mistake, I definitely agree with that then.
their preorders that are never updated or arrive and are never cancelled is my biggest problem with them.

Hero

Labrys figure? Not the figma? Where?!

Aw nevermind, you're probably talking about the figma. Forgot that hasn't come out yet.

Looking at the figma again, I should probably pick her up seeing as she was my main after all. Still hoping for a non-figma figure of her though.

Yeah sorry was talking about the figma. Haven't played P4A yet but I love her character design.

Edit:

I'm also really sad that the D. Arts Alisa pre-order sold out on AmiAmi. :(

Got a package from amiami today. These guys are really cute. I can see why they're so popular. Human teddie doesn't come with any extra arms or faces, so that's literally the only pose he can take. Kind of disappointing, but overall I like them. I'd definitely grab the rest of the cast if they made them.
iKURHU61Cft89.png

Very nice...especially that Yukiko!

Oh hey, Nerd GAF.

I have to move shortly. I am trying to pack up all my figures.

This is difficult. I do not have all of the boxes any more. (Only for stuff that came with extra bits and/or had really badass packaging.)

What's the best way of packing these things so nothing gets destroyed or damaged? Anyone have suggestions? Certain recommended packing materials? Etc? I was just going to use the finest, small grain packing peanuts I could find, but if someone's got a better idea I'm very willing to entertain it.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Oh hey, Nerd GAF.

This is difficult. I do not have all of the boxes any more. (Only for stuff that came with extra bits and/or had really badass packaging.)

What's the best way of packing these things so nothing gets destroyed or damaged? Anyone have suggestions? Certain recommended packing materials? Etc? I was just going to use the finest, small grain packing peanuts I could find, but if someone's got a better idea I'm very willing to entertain it.

Packing peanuts and careful judicious use of foam and/or bubble wrap for particularly fragile pieces. Just make sure not to wrap them so tightly they break from being wrapped up. A couple friends who moved locally actually hand-carried some of their most fragile pieces with them, so that's also something to consider if it's an option at all.

I've had to move home-made sculpy statures recently, which are the most fragile things in existence.

I found that if you have a comforter, finding a relatively snug box and trying your best to individually layer the figures in the center of the box (so they're surrounded by comforter and not the hard cardboard at all) in a neutral position, it ended up working really well.

Better than popping out all the ball joints and trying to fit them into the original boxes, even.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom