• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEVEL #53 reviews SC2 FIVE (5!) times

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
V6Y1M.png

Thanks Mechar for the picture~

Starcraft II reviews
Reviewer #1: 10/10
Reviewer #2: 10/10
Reviewer #3: 10/10
Reviewer #4: 10/10
Reviewer #5: 10/10

Limbo - 9
Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game - 9
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair - 6
Deathspank - 8
Lost Horizon - 8
Mafia II - 9
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - 8
All Points Bulletin - 5
Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck's Revenge - 9

And I still wonder why they need five people to say the same things. Is there so much Activision ass to kiss? :lol

Funny game though. If you look at the quality of the game I can´t see how any anyone could give it less than 9/10, but if you experiene the shockingly bad story, I can´t see how anyone could give it a perfect score.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
CecilRousso said:
And I still wonder why they need five people to say the same things. Is there so much Activision ass to kiss? :lol

Funny game though. If you look at the quality of the game I can´t see how any anyone could give it less than 9/10, but if you experiene the shockingly bad story, I can´t see how anyone could give it a perfect score.

Pretty much. Fine game, atrocious storytelling.

eh..... I hope the multi player is better because the single didn't go far enough for me.
I'm not saying it was bad, it was a 8.0 to 8.5 out of 10 but hopefully when I get into the multi it will blow me..........away!

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
they should have had someone that absolutely hates the game review it just for the sake of less gushing.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
K.Jack said:
I can't trust five 10s. Really, not one of them saw enough to give it a nine?
What do you mean by "saw enough"?

droopy

evil solrac v3.0 said:
eh..... I hope the multi player is better because the single didn't go far enough for me.
I'm not saying it was bad, it was a 8.0 to 8.5 out of 10 but hopefully when I get into the multi it will blow me..........away!
SC2 multiplayer? Don't bother. They just threw it in there to satisfy the multi=value crowd.

Yoshichan

droopy said:
SC2 multiplayer? Don't bother. They just threw it in there to satisfy the multi=value crowd.
What?

Yoshichan

Kuran said:
10/10 is ridiculous. It is definitely not flawless.
Here it goes again with the 10/10 being flawless.

Okami, ICO, Halo, TP, OoT and many, many other games got the same score and they're far from "flawless". Stop with that.

Five times? It's summer and it's slow... but really?

Level could use some serious competition, they seem so lazy lately. It's a shame that Super Play had to die. At least Wiborgh is running things now, the guy is ambitious.

The subscriber covers are always a pleasure, though.

Majine

Banned
Brother Sport said:
Five times? It's summer and it's slow... but really?

Level could use some serious competition, they seem so lazy lately. It's a shame that Super Play had to die. At least Wiborgh is running things now, the guy is ambitious.

The subscriber covers are always a pleasure, though.
Super PLAY had gone down the crapper, but I never wished for it to die.

Shambles

I hate to be 'that guy' but a site is clearly desperate for attention when they put out something like this for a game that is centred around a painful BNET 2.0. I won't be checking it out.

Brother Sport said:
At least Wiborgh is running things now, the guy is ambitious.

Ambitious yes, but he really is working for the wrong kind of magazine. He shouldn´t be writing about games, but movies or music, since the things he cares for in games is everything but the actual gameplay. Graphical design, music, story and references to other types of media.

Out of all game reviewers I know about, his opinions are the one the matters the least to me.

Kurtofan

Misterinenja said:
I thought this was about Soul Calibur 2. And that they've been reviewing it five times since it launched.
Me too.
SC will always be Soul Calibur,find another initials for your game!

So have there been any reviews of SC2 from someone that really doesn't love the RTS genre as much as they used to in the 90s?

You know, maybe a different opinion?

Dynoro

Foxtastical said:
So have there been any reviews of SC2 from someone that really doesn't love the RTS genre as much as they used to in the 90s?

You know, maybe a different opinion?
You think every review of SC2 so far has been by someone who loves RTSs from the 90s - isn't that a little far fetched as SC2 has 64 reviews on Metacritic already

JADS

Kurtofan said:
Me too.
SC will always be Soul Calibur,find another initials for your game!

Starcraft 31 March 1998
Soul Calibur (Arcade) July 30, 1998
Soul Calibur (DC) August 5, 1999

Find some other initials for your fighting game, Starcraft will always be SC! :lol

Icethrill

Neo Member
Got my LEVEL right here by my side, Mafia 2 got 7/10 from the main reviewer. While the second reviewer gave it a 9/10.

Top Bottom