• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy XV update April 27- Pro features, new weapons, hunt ranking systems

Toth

All credit to Nova Crystallis and Kagari:

www.novacrystallis.com/2017/04/free-final-fantasy-xv-update-drops-april-27/

Final Fantasy XV is set to receive another free update starting April 27. The new update will introduce additional features for PS4 Pro users, including a new image quality mode. This mode will allow for stable framerate and comfortable play.

Additionally, subtitles and menu screen size can now be magnified. Timed quests will also start up again, along with a ranking system. Extravagant weapons can be obtained from them. Furthermore, a new sticker has been added for Regalia customization, along with new music for the music player.

Guess they're fixing the frame rate for people then. Good news for those who couldn't play with an unlocked frame rate.

FFXV_Money.jpg

Can't wait.

Toth

Looking forward to the complete edition in a year

SE has said this is a new model they are trying out with FF XV: extending the life of a game for at least a year after release. Aside from the Pro fixes, the whole timed hunts are a great excuse to come back every week or so and try them out. They just need to be a bit harder than what they have tried so far.

cordy

Banned
I keep coming back to this game every few weeks since I beat it some months ago and man I'm loving the constant updates.

Socivol

I keep coming back to this game every few weeks since I beat it some months ago and man I'm loving the constant updates.

Same. I got Episode Gladio and I do the timed quest each week. Waiting for all of the additional cutscenes and DLC to do a NG+ run.

AmyS

Hopefully the current state of the framerate & frame pacing will be fixed in this update, at least for PS4 Pro.

Socivol

People need to stop asking this question, the answer is no

I dont even notice it..

...and since i never hear about it anywhere other than GAF, im starting to believe many people who say they do don't notice it either.

Surprised at new weapons and hopefully the new timed ones are fun

Eh I'm someone that's usually not sensitive to that kind of stuff and it's extremely noticeable. It's not game breaking but it's not good either.

CEJames

Final Fantasy XV is set to receive another free update starting April 27. The new update will introduce additional features for PS4 Pro users, including a new image quality mode. This mode will allow for stable framerate and comfortable play.

Not as good as Nintendo's "pleasantness(or pleasant experience)" patch notes but almost similar...lol What makes it more "comfortable".....

DETAILS!!! :p

LordKasual

Banned
Eh I'm someone that's usually not sensitive to that kind of stuff and it's extremely noticeable. It's not game breaking but it's not good either.

I mean, the higher-than-30-but-not-quite-60 lite mode on Pro is easilllllyyyy noticeable when it's in the 40s vs. 50s/60, but it's higher than 30 always so to me it always looks easily smoother than the old version. I feel like i'm playing just a better version of the game, especially during battle with a bunch of effects and enemies whizzing around.

Maybe i'm just weird, beats me.

Edit:

Before i updated my computer, Witcher 3 was able to run pretty well on High settings, but the studdering when it approached dense areas absolutely did annoy me. But when i just went back and capped the framerate at 30, it was stable...it just never looked as good as the worst 40-60 moments. So i can't understand why people want a locked 30 vs. the one that runs smoother now.

How can anyone ignore screen tearing???

Perhaps i've never played a game with the issue, or my computer has never generated the issue, but i've never observed screen tearing. At least, not enough for me to say "damn i wish my screen would stop tearing".

And when people post photos of the phenomenon, it looks like a super jarring glitch that should be impossible to miss

CEJames

How can anyone ignore screen tearing???

Not too hard...I remember playing Grid 2 on my ps3, and didn't noticed any screen tearing when I would crash the car sometimes, until some friends pointed it out after seeing it so many times apparently.

Maybe, if you're just REALLY into the game(zone) while playing, your brain/eyes...will automagically ignore any nuisances to allow you to enjoy it more.....

Just gonna pop in and say hooray more updates! Glad to hear that we're getting more music and Pro stuff! Keep em coming!

Now I'm gonna leave and not look in again since this thread is gonna go sour like the usual.

lol this guy is a Gaf Veteran. He knows what's up.

Just gonna pop in and say hooray more updates! Glad to hear that we're getting more music and Pro stuff! Keep em coming!

Now I'm gonna leave and not look in again since this thread is gonna go sour like the usual.

Toth

Al these updates made me stop playing. I really shouldn't have bought it and just waited.

Why? These updates are really just adding extra content (i.e. the hunts) that you would do after beating the game. Maximizing the Pro version is a bonus.

Socivol

I mean, the higher-than-30-but-not-quite-60 lite mode on Pro is easilllllyyyy noticeable when it's in the 40s vs. 50s/60, but it's higher than 30 always so to me it always looks easily smoother than the old version. I feel like i'm playing just a better version of the game, especially during battle with a bunch of effects and enemies whizzing around.

Maybe i'm just weird, beats me.

Edit:

Before i updated my computer, Witcher 3 was able to run pretty well on High settings, but the studdering when it approached dense areas absolutely did annoy me. But when i just went back and capped the framerate at 30, it was stable...it just never looked as good as the worst 40-60 moments. So i can't understand why people want a locked 30 vs. the one that runs smoother now.

Perhaps i've never played a game with the issue, or my computer has never generated the issue, but i've never observed screen tearing. At least, not enough for me to say "damn i wish my screen would stop tearing".

And when people post photos of the phenomenon, it looks like a super jarring glitch that should be impossible to miss

I was talking about the frame pacing. I play on the HQ mode on the Pro on a 4K TV it's extremely noticeable that something is wrong with the image.

Izuna

Banned
Sceptical on the Pro patch, but let's see.

Why? These updates are really just adding extra content (i.e. the hunts) that you would do after beating the game. Maximizing the Pro version is a bonus.

It's making me pass on the game entirely. It feels like early access perpetually. This is a FF game...

LordKasual

Banned
I was talking about the frame pacing. I play on the HQ mode on the Pro on a 4K TV it's extremely noticeable that something is wrong with the image.

Okay, help me out here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT_oD1H0pW4

I know the video isn't running at 60fps, but can you observe any frame pacing errors here?

Sceptical on the Pro patch, but let's see.

It's making me pass on the game entirely. It feels like early access perpetually. This is a FF game...

I squeezed 120 hours out of this game on first playthrough doing all the endgame dungeons and i skipped like all of the filler quests that didn't end in weapons. Hell i didn't even get the Ultima Weapon.

There is nothing early access about this title, you guys are crazy lol

ZeoVGM

Banned
People need to stop asking this question, the answer is no

I dont even notice it..

...and since i never hear about it anywhere other than GAF, im starting to believe many people who say they do don't notice it either.

Surprised at new weapons and hopefully the new timed ones are fun

Well guys, LordKasual didn't notice the thing that is factually in the game so everyone else must be lying.

Socivol

Okay, help me out here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT_oD1H0pW4

I know the video isn't running at 60fps, but can you observe any frame pacing errors here?

I squeezed 120 hours out of this game on first playthrough doing all the endgame dungeons and i skipped like all of the filler quests that didn't end in weapons. Hell i didn't even get the Ultima Weapon.

Yes after they change to high mode you can see as they are rotating the camera the game becomes kind of choppy for a second and then corrects. That's what the game looks like in high mode. It will be choppy especially noticeable as you are running. Once again, I'm not even sensitive to this kind of thing and it's very noticeable in this game.

farisr

I notice it, but I'm not bothered by it. Locked 30fps without frame pacing issues definitely looks better to me, but didn't matter enough to me to choose Lite mode over the Higher one.

ZeoVGM

Banned

The problem is that the last update was a disaster for Pro owners and for those sensitive to frame rate issues, made the game almost unplayable.

Falchion

Izuna

Banned

It's like hearing about ZJS coming out 6 months after FFXII, everyone would wait for that for a first playthrough.

The fact that it affects the story makes me sort of not interested.

gatti-man

I should have played this game first before Horizon. On my PS4 pro FF15 looks terrible by comparison. Hopefully SE magically makes this game look better it's really distracting.

LordKasual

Banned
Yes after they change to high mode you can see as they are rotating the camera the game becomes kind of choppy for a second and then corrects. That's what the game looks like in high mode. It will be choppy especially noticeable as you are running. Once again, I'm not even sensitive to this kind of thing and it's very noticeable in this game.

Oh, see the reason I don't ever use High Quality mode is because the framerate just feels unstable. Perhaps what i'm seeing as FPS drops is simply bad frame pacing.

But the game just looks and runs so much better in Lite mode now that I dont see the point in subjecting myself to High mode.

It's like hearing about ZJS coming out 6 months after FFXII, everyone would wait for that for a first playthrough.

The fact that it affects the story makes me sort of not interested.

Well that's understandable, but nothing about story itself is really changing.

Aside from the recent Ch.13 changes (which really had little to do with Ch.13 itself and instead just buffed an item), the most significant changes probably aren't coming until PC release. I think we might be getting an off-road car before then, but still.

It would be like skipping off on the original FFXII because you learned that 2 years down the line they would release an international version with a few tweaks (you wouldn't appreciate) and a fast forward button.

But to each their own i guess

ZeoVGM

Banned
I've had the game since day one and I've played about an hour or so. I decided there are way too many other games out so I figured I would just wait until the game is what it should have been when it released.

The Pro patch was absolutely frustrating.

Top Bottom