• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emwitus

If lakers meet heat in the finals and get swept. You won't hear the end of it. To be fair, they might get swept well before then.

If lakers meet heat in the finals and get swept. You won't hear the end of it. To be fair, they might get swept well before then.

On the other hand, they COULD win. I'm not expecting them to win but in the off-chance that they do, I'd say "I'm not surprised." I am still betting my money on Spurs/OKC/Heat to win before the Lakers though.

I'm still jelly at Heat's easy road to the Finals.

Emwitus

On the other hand, they COULD win. I'm not expecting them to win but in the off-chance that they do, I'd say "I'm not surprised." I am still betting my money on Spurs/OKC/Heat to win before the Lakers though.

I'm still jelly at Heat's easy road to the Finals.

True. I'd rather have Spurs/Boston win than OKC/Heat.

Emwitus

A sad ^^ fact. Anywho, let's hope for the best. I hate that bulls might get a chance to play spoiler against boston though. Or are they not playing together?

in fairness, I believe Emwitus isn't from the USA and doesn't have the deep seated hate that Boston and LA have for one another as cities.

But at least he chose the right side.

Canuck76

Banned
200px-Seattle_SuperSonics_logo.png

more playoff wins than new york in last decade despite not existing for 4 years.

Most likely will win their next one before New york will

in fairness, I believe Emwitus isn't from the USA and doesn't have the deep seated hate that Boston and LA have for one another as cities.

But at least he chose the right side.

Damn right, he did.

Also, my hatred for OKC is growing. I realized I don't like anyone on that team except for Durant. Kinda like how I only like Wade and despise the rest of the Heat.

i'm done trolling on the knicks. all in good fun. to be honest, i had them pegged to take anyone out in the east for sure that wasn't bulls/heat. Celtics game 6 maybe.

they are a good team. They just looked bad compared to the Heat and so many key pieces missing. You can't do as well as they did in the regular season and say they suck. it's not so black and white.

putting down my jester stick.....NOW.

Emwitus

Damn right, he did.

Also, my hatred for OKC is growing. I realized I don't like anyone on that team except for Durant. Kinda like how I only like Wade and despise the rest of the Heat.

I don't understand how you can hate on durant....but having perkins on you're team, agh!! I was even rooting for dallas yesterday.....horrible.

diehard

Fleer
Lebron is more likable than Wade.

Really, i actually don't hate Lebron. Probably about the best you are going to get with the attention he got growing up .. ect

Damn right, he did.

How could you possibly feel anything positive towards a player capable of shameful displays like this? Offensive flopping is the thing that's most unlikeable about OKC, and you dislike most of them? Durant does it too, but has never done anything this ridiculous.

I don't understand how you can hate on durant....but having perkins on you're team, agh!! I was even rooting for dallas yesterday.....horrible.

I said I don't hate Durant. Just the rest of the team.

Dallas is heartbreaking too. I love Dirk. Except when he hits those daggers against the Lakers.

This is what it must feel like when Kobe's hitting those daggers.

edit: ARGH STEALTH EDIT!

Rooting against LeBron for lulz...but hard to actively really dislike anybody in this league anymore. Nobody gives a shit and everyone hugs each other.

Vahagn

Wade was likable before Bron got there. Now he acts entitled and like a douche...as a basketball player though, I still like him more than Bron. Bron's better, but I hate his choking bull-in-a-china shop style.

Abbott's an idiot. He wrote an entire article about Bynum not getting touches and almost all of the sequences were with Kobe. He has an agenda and he's going to Fox News style hammer it home till everyone agrees that alpha dogs, superstars, and isolations in crunch time are ignored or diminished despite that almost all championships require those.

In fact, while harping about lakers crunch time deficiencies, he didn't actually mention LA's record in close or overtime games. Which is INSANELY good and always has been in their contending years with Kobe,

Emwitus

I said I don't hate Durant. Just the rest of the team.

Dallas is heartbreaking too. I love Dirk. Except when he hits those daggers against the Lakers.

This is what it must feel like when Kobe's hitting those daggers.

edit: ARGH STEALTH EDIT!

lol. My bad that was supposed to come out as i dont understand how any one else can hate on durant. Its weird watching dirk clunk all those fadeaways when he killed us last year with the same. But i feel like dallas had those two first games in the bag......OKC might have just pulled off the most underwhelming sweep of the playoffs EVER if they go on to win.

SUPREME1

Banned
Lebron is more likable than Wade.
Really, i actually don't hate Lebron. Probably about the best you are going to get with the attention he got growing up .. ect

I used to dislike LeBron a good bit, but that's kind of mellowed ever since he teamed up with Wade. That's when I realized how much of a piece of shit Wade is compared to LeBron.

Still, I'd rather the Heat, as an organization, win instead of Boston. Fuck Boston. Not that they have a shot.

And as much as I respect Timmy and love(d) his game, I don't want them winning another title either. Ever. Fuck SA and their scrub coach.

So yeah, fuck Boston, SA, and Wade.

Alrix

i'm done trolling on the knicks. all in good fun. to be honest, i had them pegged to take anyone out in the east for sure that wasn't bulls/heat. Celtics game 6 maybe.

they are a good team. They just looked bad compared to the Heat and so many key pieces missing. You can't do as well as they did in the regular season and say they suck. it's not so black and white.

putting down my jester stick.....NOW.

<3

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Did we talk about this? If so, we should talk about it again:

But lost amid the Knicks' swoon is that Carmelo Anthony has been setting an individual record for postseason futility. The Wall Street Journal noted after New York's first loss in the series that it was Anthony's 50th career playoff game, and that he had the worst won-loss percentage of anyone to make that many postseason appearances in the last 20 years.
1. Carmelo Anthony, 16-36, .308

2. Mookie Blaylock, 18-36, .333

3. Eduardo Najera, 20-39, .339

4. Chris Dudley, 20-34, .370

5. Brad Miller, 19-31, .380

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...cord-is-nbas-worst-in-20-years/1#.T6RCs78WVEY

Emwitus

Carmelo has got to learn how to play a little team ball or that record will keep on growing. For a person that averages alot of minutes with the ball he has a scarily low number of assists.........in the playoffs.

LOL, stealth edit to prevent the obvious.

Kinda damning.

You know, Carmelo is a weird mixed bag. I remember when Nuggets were KINDA contenders (2-3 years ago?), Carmelo actually played excellent defense and his offense was out of the world. I don't know what happened since then, but I feel like he lost that flare.

In fact, I have only seen that fire during that series only (against Lakers).

Best small forward in the game, much better than Lebron.

/giri

Also, Wade has always been much more unlikable than Bron. How can any non-Miami guy root for Wade and his act? Fuck him.

You know, Carmelo is a weird mixed bag. I remember when Nuggets were KINDA contenders (2-3 years ago?), Carmelo actually played excellent defense and his offense was out of the world. I don't know what happened since then, but I feel like he lost that flare.

Ariza shut him down games 3-6...

"When you let Tyson Chandler go out the door blah blah blah"

What a joke. See what that dud is going for the Knicks now? Nothing. Mavs have enough big men, and no one thought Odom would get all suicidal.

DeShawn Stevenson? Delonte West is a better defender, and scorer.

J.J. playing god like in the playoffs was a fluke.

diehard

Fleer

His out of this world self shot 40% in that Laker series. I mean.. good for him, but this myth of him being the best offensive player in basketball was just hilarious and i pointed out its idiocy every time.
What a joke. See what that dud is going for the Knicks now? Nothing.

hah , nice joke post.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Even if they had Tyson, Mavs weren't going to win shit this year. People need to stop acting like Tyson is so damn important, like he could save them from what they are doing now. In the end, they won one, that's all they want, and they just don't care anymore.

I've noted on a few occasions the parallels between the Mavs and the Heat team that beat them in the Finals five years earlier, but of late they've really taken things to another level. The Heat followed up their championship by posting a .537 winning percentage and getting swept in the first round by a Chicago team they'd defeated the previous postseason; the Mavs followed up theirs by posting a .545 winning percentage and are in danger of being swept by an Oklahoma City team they defeated the previous postseason.

Miami kept things close in the first two games, losing the opener by five after having a last shot to tie in the final seconds and then Game 2 by right, but went home and lost both games by double-digits. Dallas nearly won the first two games in Oklahoma City, but lost both narrowly and then went home and were spanked by the Thunder in Game 3.

From the way each won the title -- veteran-laden underdogs rallying from 2-1 down and winning Game 6 on the road for the franchise's first title -- the similarities have been eerie. It's continued this season with the unusual in-season breaks from the team (Pat Riley, Dirk Nowitzki), the lethargic former Lakers on each squad (Shaquille O'Neal, Lamar Odom), the disastrous opening (Miami lost its opener by 42 at home; Dallas was blown off the floor at home in its first two games), and now, quite possibly, a season-ending first-round sweep -- linking Dallas and Miami again as the only defending champs to suffer this fate.

Let's hope for Dallas' sake that this is where the chain breaks: The 2007-08 Heat went 15-67.

eerie.

His out of this world self shot 40% in that Laker series. I mean.. good for him, but this myth of him being the best offensive player in basketball was just hilarious and i pointed out its idiocy every time.

I never said he was the best offensive player though. I was actually more impressed with his defense. I don't think he's played like that since. Offensively, I thought he played well, but I could be wrong. 40% doesn't sound so good anymore.

That would, under the circumstances, be considered a fluke.

The Nuggets lost that series in 5 quarters. That broke them.
The last half in Denver they just kept getting punched in the mouth, styled on, etc

But for Melo, it's weird--he's a top player offensively, he should be able to get out of the first round more often.

hah , nice joke post.

Tyson doesn't impact the game AT ALL, at least this year in the playoffs. Doesn't help he has no help at the guard positions.

Brooklyn Nets gear, logo is hideous. Has that dreadful "gangster" look to it. Miami Heat have black and white uniforms and I cringe every time they wear them.

Course Jemele Hill would disagree with Mushnick. Typical sticking up for her hip hop brothers. What he said was the truth. Sensitive people.

Do I dare ask for context? Did he just find out his daughter was a stripper? Or is he selling pics of his daughter as a stripper? IS HE THE STRIPPER!?

I just want McGrady's curse to be lifted.

Damn it all...

rocketsoy0.gif

*still has a T-mac jacket, tells nobody what the symbol means*

Funny thing about this gif is that this playoff scenario could totally happen again this year

Upclose pic of Amare's injury.

http://lockerz.com/s/206434640

Looks like he had a chunk of flesh sliced off.

Yikes! Looks painful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom