• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Crucio

Hey guys. I just checked my emails and I've got a "piece of the Halo 4 puzzle". On monday, from what seems like the Xbox 360 newsletter. Its a long strip of what could be some nice panoramic halo artwork. The one I got is 1 out of 32!
Has this been discussed yet?

Ramirez

Hey guys. I just checked my emails and I've got a "piece of the Halo 4 puzzle". On monday, from what seems like the Xbox 360 newsletter. Its a long strip of what could be some nice panoramic halo artwork. The one I got is 1 out of 32!
Has this been discussed yet?

No, change the numbers in the url and tell us what you find, stitch it together in Photoshop maybe?

kylej

Banned
Exactly, this stuff is broken within hours of the game launching, and they didn't notice it in 2-3 years of development?

Homeboyd, why you mad bro?

Not hard to figure out why the maps are as bad as they are. "Good enough!" seems to be the Halo developer mantra.

CyReN

No, change the numbers in the url and tell us what you find, stitch it together in Photoshop maybe?

cMycq.gif

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Idk.. Rockets are pretty damn easy to use.

Rockets also run out of ammo, don't allow the player to do crazy flip shit moves that make them near impossible to hit and don't let the player climb to the highest part of the map allowing for undeterred fire/aim on the enemy.

Her equating the Banshee to power weapons is idiotic/ignorant at best.

Crucio

So this is interesting. Here's the email It came from: <xboxreps@engage.xbox.com>. Sadly I can't do much with this while I'm on mobile.

I'll look around on Waypoint and Bnet later, maybe others have reported.

Ramirez

So this is interesting. Here's the email It came from: <xboxreps@engage.xbox.com>. Sadly I can't do much with this while I'm on mobile.

Get back to us, please. I didn't get an email...

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Rockets are also easy to avoid. When dumb players use rockets they telegraph their shot, which make it incredibly easy to side-step.

When dumb people kill me with the banshee I take on a personal vendetta to DMR them to death.

Karl2177

Rockets are also easy to avoid. When dumb players use rockets they telegraph their shot, which make it incredibly easy to side-step.

When dumb people kill me with the banshee I take on a personal vendetta to DMR them to death.
They don't give a shit when you finally kill them either. Mostly because they've already raked up more than enough kills.

senador

Banned

Oh shit bro I got 18 and 27. Let me know when you can work on this. I think you are on to something. Nobody else got these?

lol, that video just goes to show you how good testing is for MP games at the studios. How did that even make it past the first day without having a cooldown of some kind? Christ.

Doesn't Gamesager actually look like that Japanese popstar that looks like a woman, but is actually a man?
So, he's the Victor Victoria of Halo?

God, that video is horrible to watch. Reach's Banshee is a fucking abomination.

Overdoziz

Banned
Yeah, that's nice and all comparing the Rocket launcher to a Banshee that has unlimited ammo, an unlimited amount of flips, can get anywhere on the map in mere seconds and requires an entire team to team-shoot it to take it down.

Makes sense.

Yeah, that's nice and all comparing the Rocket launcher to a Banshee that has unlimited ammo, an unlimited amount of flips, can get anywhere on the map in mere seconds and requires an entire team to team-shoot it to take it down.

Makes sense.

They just needed to find the laser. That was the only issue, team shooting aside ;)

To be honest, though, I've always found it interesting watching "pros" play the standard, non-MLG games. Tsquared did a few tuts4nubs videos, and I thought it was cool to watch.

Ramirez

Man, the Watcher looks so hilariously goofy.

Also, there's a thread in OT where people are defending burglars, I've seen it all.

I said the laser was perfectly balanced in Halo 3. I was laughed at. Team Downer, please carve another victory scratch into the HaloGAF Boulder of Correctness thank you.

If there isn't a laser loadout or armour ability in Halo 4, I will be disappointed. Maybe a recharging Power Drainer AA. Yes.

Makes sense.

The banshee is a vehicle, the rockets are a weapon.
I wasn't comparing the two in overall effectiveness.
I was simply stating that some weapons are "overpowered" and yet still used in competitive play.

Heckfu got banned?

Anyways, Spider_Jerusalem posted this in the other thread.. official boxart from Amazon.de:

Im a little sad they messed with the colors to make Chief more green. The difference is subtle, but I prefer it like this mockup:

morelikeitfecc3.jpg

Overdoziz

Banned
The banshee is a vehicle, the rockets are a weapon.
I wasn't comparing the two in overall effectiveness.
I was simply stating that some weapons are "overpowered" and yet still used in competitive play.
I wasn't even responding to you.
And the Rockets are overpowered and that's why they only have a limited amount of ammo. Vehicles shouldn't be as ridiculously overpowered as the Banshee currently is because they have an unlimited amount of ammo.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'm not sure they messed with anything, their whole picture just looks over saturated. Look at the Xbox bar, it's almost neon. Maybe that's it.

Top Bottom