• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ys: Oath in Felghana added to the Steam registry

WXm0D.png

bam

Deserves its own thread. Credit to Chesskid1 for spotting this.

Didn't Ys 7 come out on PC in China?

Also, TiTS. People love TiTS. And, uh, Gurumin is on PC too, right? though I don't know if that was an Xseed joint.

Are the Ys games tied together? I've only played the first one.

Not significantly. Each is an independent adventure, although there are reoccurring characters.

All you really need to know is that you play as Adol and are accompanied by his pal Dogi.

I adored the PSP version. Favorite Ys by far. Would buy again happily. What I really want, though, is Ys 6, since I never finished the PSP version, and I would love to play the superior PC version.

Tucah

you speak so well
I own it twice (Japanese PC version + PSP version) but I'll buy an English PC release in a second.

Takao

Banned
Can't wait for more Japanese developers to start embracing Steam.

I don't know how a Japanese studio who made PC games for years can be seen as now embracing it, haha. This is just a case of Falcom opening their eyes and seeing they have a shot at some money.

Chesskid1

Banned
other things you can get from the registry.

it has 4 launch options

dx8
dx9
dx8_config
dx9_config

so you can pick direct8 or 9. dunno what that means but worth sharing i guess. no other info.

Takao

Banned
Didn't Ys 7 come out on PC in China?

Also, TiTS. People love TiTS. And, uh, Gurumin is on PC too, right? though I don't know if that was an Xseed joint.

Ys 7 is only on PC in China if you're from the future. For what it's worth, I don't believe kind words have been spoken over the other Chinese done Falcom conversions.

Gurumin had nothing to do with XSEED.

Wonko_C

I have the PSP versions on UMD and was about to buy them on PSN to play them on the Vita. Will buy them again on Steam for dat glorious 60 fps.

Edit: Usually how long does it take from registry entry to official announcement?

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Not significantly. Each is an independent adventure, although there are reoccurring characters.

All you really need to know is that you play as Adol and are accompanied by his pal Dogi.

It has been a long time since I've played but wasn't Adol the protagonist in the first as well?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
FUCK YS XSEED I LOVE YOU

I'll buy three copies so you start bringing the Legend of Heroes games next.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Awesome, probably them trying out how the PC platform works for these RPG ports. Hopefully we get the other trails games this way >_>

Takao

Banned
Awesome, probably them trying out how the PC platform works for these RPG ports. Hopefully we get the other trails games this way >_>

Unless these ports sell godly I think the only way we see the other Trails games is through Aeria's Google Translate/Crowd Source translations for smartphones.

XSEED has easily become one of my favorite publishers this gen.

If they can work with more japanese developers in bringing more pc titles over then we can see Steam even overtake or at least challenge the consoles in the JRPG side of things.

Top Bottom