• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Charlottesville alt-right white nationalist torch rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeta Oni

Fuck him.

Jesus fucking Christ...

Is there a thread in gaming about this... because this... this needs to be thrown in the face of all those who keep defending him.

Exactly what I was about to post.

This guy has way too many kids who look up to him to keep letting this shit slide in the background.

The Kree

Banned
What is the slippery slope when it comes to classifying Nazis as a terrorist organization and Nazi language as fighting words?

A more inclusive and safe society?

Interracial bi-couples with adopted children?

Because sometimes they assemble peacefully without lynching anyone, just like Black Lives Matter, and you wouldn't want Nazis to be wrongfully maligned like Black Lives Matter, would you?

This isn't the ACLU's fault. Their job is to defend the first amendment.

I won't put the blame on them but I wonder if this will influence how they approach these cases going forward. Will they continue to defend these rights knowing what the outcome will lead to because the intentions are very clear?

antonz

You know the White House is a clusterfuck of stupidity and Hatred when you have even the Chief of Naval Operations etc. coming out to condemn what happened today because apparently the White House after numerous tries cannot bring itself to condemn Nazis.

D i Z

What is the slippery slope when it comes to classifying Nazis as a terrorist organization and Nazi language as fighting words?

A more inclusive and safe society?

Interracial bi-couples with adopted children?

People being held accountable. Their shit-eating racist ass families being held accountable.

sphagnum

Banned
25c206d3dc.jpg

Bingo.

Darknight

Alt-Right and Neo-nazis should be banned/outlawed etc from the US. Its a terrorist hate group.

Free speech should not cover hate speech. When these groups have their rights protected, this is what happens. They are able to assemble any time freely and when one of their own cause deaths, its like pushed under the rug because a certain groups does not want to admit what that movement really represents.

Humanity should banish all Nazi shit from planet earth.

Slayven

They operate without any moral compass. They defended a hate group under the guise of free speech and people are dead, in part, because of their actions.

They share some blame in this.

"You were so preoccupied with whether they could, they didn't stop to think if they should"

People being held accountable. Their shit-eating racist ass families being held accountable.

So sorry your thanksgivings are a lil awkward cause Uncle Jimbo is talking bout the nigger problem again.

If you want shit like this to stop, you gotta challenge that and accept that it probably won't be pretty.

Because sometimes they assemble peacefully without lynching anyone, just like Black Lives Matter, and you wouldn't want Nazis to be wrongfully maligned like Black Lives Matter, would you?

What an awful comparison, wow.

Yeah, let's celebrate genocide and racism ""PEACEFULLY"". YEAH.

mlclmtckr

Banned
I won't put the blame on them but I wonder if this will influence how they approach these cases going forward. Will they continue to defend these rights knowing what the outcome will lead to because the intentions are very clear?

I mean they defend citizens united for fuck's sake

They have no ideology or guiding principles other than "defend the constitution"

Some people think that is exactly why they're good. Personally I think the constitution itself is kinda broken.

Oh also the Virginia ACLU twitter account was repeating 4chan lies and then had to delete and apologise

What an awful comparison, wow.

Yeah, let's celebrate genocide and racism ""PEACEFULLY"". YEAH.

I might be mistaken but I think he was being sarcastic.

In these threads you never know though; I had to go back one page and look at his other posts.

Some white people must pretend that their family members are really going out and deer hunting when they leave the dinner early, and not actually cross burning.

And those White supremacist militia groups that were allowed to murder and terrorise for 100 years after the war ended shouldve been hunted down, put in a prison colony or shot to death.

We can thank every president other than Grant until fugging LBJ, then every president after for this shit being allowed to fester and rot away our nation.

Far too late to save it, we need to tear the tree up from the roots and start again.

With ACLU, I don't blame them for doing what they've always done. But honestly, I can't support them anymore, especially financially.

Not gonna tell you what to do. Just gonna remind you this isn't anything new with them, and they do WAAAY more good than harm. Obviously, vote with your dollar. It is, after all, your dollar..

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
You've had White Supremacists for so long. So how's that dialogue coming along?

Maybe stop normalizing neo-nazis for a change?

I might be mistaken but I think he was being sarcastic.

In these threads you never know though; I had to go back one page and look at his other posts.

Oh i hope so, my blood is boiling right now with some logical jumps people are making about this topic in question.

People died and there's some here that feel the need to protect nazi scum and their ability to spill hate and violence in rallies.

So the terrorist James Fields is from a suburb 15 minutes from where I grew up.

It takes me longer to get to work every morning than it used to take me to get to this town. I spent a lot of time there as a kid. So did he. He's only 20 years old. I've got nearing a decade on this kid. This monster. Goes to show that even though I grew up in a liberal urban center, I just as easily could have grown into a terrorist. If raised differently.

Nazis and terrorists can be anywhere. They could be right down the street.

God, what a harrowing reminder.

Not gonna tell you what to do. Just gonna remind you this isn't anything new with them, and they do WAAAY more good than harm. Obviously, vote with your dollar. It is, after all, your dollar..

Yea, they do. But with things like this, it just doesn't sit well with me and it would bother me way too much. Maybe later I'd reconsider, but not right now.

conpfreak

The murder is 20 years old. 20. Born 1997. He is another white man that is too incompetent to do anything with his life that at the age of 20 he decides to take the gift of life away from other more compassionate and deserving individuals.

Scum. I hope he rots.

This is why we need to nip this alt-right movement right in the bud immediately before any more impressionable individuals take actions like this in these growing public protests. There is no truth in the idea of white supremacy. None. It is built on lies and these groups feed on these ideas to fuel hatred.

America was never really theirs, it was wrongfully taken. Little to no melanin doesn't make you matter more than others. The Confederacy was never legitimate and was first and foremost about preserving and maintain slavery. If basic points cannot be accepted by a violent and growing group of people like this in America, were headed for a bad clash of culture in intensity unlike what we've seen in awhile.

So sorry your thanksgivings are a lil awkward cause Uncle Jimbo is talking bout the nigger problem again.

If you want shit like this to stop, you gotta challenge that and accept that it probably won't be pretty.

Thank you. Thank you for saying this because it needs to be said. Whether people like it or not, they cannot have step on eggshells when they have a family member that's a racist piece of trash. They have to confront them and call them out, whether they want to or not. Family doesn't mean shit when their family member is spouting dangerous, hateful shit that could potentially lead to something worse down the line. And like you said, it won't be pretty but it needs to be done.

Oh i hope so, my blood is boiling right now with some logical jumps people are making about this topic in question.

People died and there's some here that feel the need to protect nazi scum and their ability to spill hate and violence in rallies.

First off nobody is defending their violence. And yes they're scum and deserve to rot. The people arguing for free speech aren't doing it because they want to defend Nazis, they're doing it because they're afraid it could be used to erode the rights of good people, even if that was never the intent

It is impossible for any rally featuring Nazis or the kkk to be peaceful and therefore should not fall under the first ammendment.

The entire reason for either group is related to violence and murder. How. Fucking. Hard. Is. That. To. Understand.

antonz

Ill repeat it again.

The United States Government from the Late 30s through 1945 Actively banned Any Nazi Gatherings, Speeches or Organizations from operating Freely. The Nazi of Today celebrate and worship the same ideology of the Nazi of the 30s and 40s.

If We could ban them then we sure as fuck can have them banned now. They have not changed in their end goals or objectives. Their very gathering is promoting violence and discourse and have no place under the protections of the 1st Amendment. The left has allowed the Nazi to build themselves firewalls in this country that they should never have been allowed.

III-V

Ill repeat it again.

The United States Government from the Late 30s through 1945 Actively banned Any Nazi Gatherings, Speeches or Organizations from operating Freely. The Nazi of Today celebrate and worship the same ideology of the Nazi of the 30s and 40s.

If We could ban them then we sure as fuck can have them banned now. They have not changed in their end goals or objectives.

Yea, I am down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom