• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
congrats to Chewie! I need some sort of chart to highlight how many of those posts featured the words "returning" and "controller" :)

Working on it

lz7hOlC.gif

Quick

Banned
huh why does my rdr 2 preorder have a environment handling fee?

http://image.prntscr.com/image/50c1ef4d5e41446e88f531b2346b16eb.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Mine has it too, thanks for the head's up.

[quote="Vinc, post: 224674227"]Wtf. Mine too! Thanks for posting this, I'll cancel until this is fixed.[/QUOTE]

Thinking about doing this, but I pre-ordered when the price was discounted.

Might contact CS about it and go from there.

BadWolf

Been looking at pre-built PCs all morning and am completely mind effed, no idea what to get or what companies are good/reliable :/

dankir

So the loonie is worth less than 74 cents now at this rate we'l be hitting 89.99 games soon! YAYYYYYYYY CANADA.... :mad:

Firestorm

Been looking at pre-built PCs all morning and am completely mind effed, no idea what to get or what companies are good/reliable :/
What's your budget and usage? With NCIX and Memory Express in Canada it's better to have someone help you put together a build with high quality parts and have them build it for $40 - $50.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Build one yourself, its very easy. Modern day PC assembly is a lot like putting Lego together for grownups.

Go to pcpartpicker.ca to get started.

Wanna be best friends?

Kaz... Im already a friend

BadWolf

What's your budget and usage? With NCIX and Memory Express in Canada it's better to have someone help you put together a build with high quality parts and have them build it for $40 - $50.

NCIX will let you pick the parts and they will build it for you for about $50 extra.

Go to http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc and fill out the form. Lots of good help over that way.

Build one yourself, its very easy. Modern day PC assembly is a lot like putting Lego together for grownups.

Go to pcpartpicker.ca to get started.

Thanks for the replies guys. Checked that reddit and might go with this build:

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/8ZHDJV

Tapejara

Codes for 360 Gears of War games, PC copies of Call of Juarez Gunslinger, Rayman Origins and Psychonauts, and Killing Floor.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys and 9 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1315377.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tapejara, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

EfagyaM.png
Gears of War (XBL) -- MB-245373046904B1F3 - Taken by Maddog. 1 entrants total.
EfagyaM.png
Gears of War (XBL) #2 -- MB-47B943F501A1EFDD - Taken by Clive. 1 entrants total.
EfagyaM.png
Gears of War 3 (XBL) -- MB-CE7445F6EEA3E6A2 - Taken by iiicon. 2 entrants total.
Psychonauts -- MB-B5B33A5B7B095125 - Taken by FrsDvl. 1 entrants total.
EfagyaM.png
Gears of War 3 (XBL) #2 -- MB-F9A5BB5724C894C0 - Taken by Lone_Prodigy. 1 entrants total.
EfagyaM.png
Gears of War 2 (XBL) -- MB-BA41A9D051F60C71
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger -- MB-FA440AF5E6FAED7A - Taken by NamikazeBurst. 2 entrants total.
xWBm0BY.png
Rayman Origins (uPlay) -- MB-EA4C942A08C2D117 - Taken by Sealtest. 1 entrants total.
EfagyaM.png
Gears of War 2 (XBL) #2 -- MB-EC3F12F4701FCED6
EfagyaM.png
Gears of War Judgment (XBL) #2 -- MB-61679F4E9664C708 - Taken by doctorcdcs. 3 entrants total.
Killing Floor (PC/Steam) -- MB-9798ADB0E4E5E28E - Taken by Maddog. 2 entrants total.
EfagyaM.png
Gears of War Judgment (XBL) -- MB-F6372DF71F4E4599 - Taken by ShadowgeistX. 4 entrants total.

t1479332913z1.png

Walmart: Nov 17- 23

Slim PS4 Uncharted 4 500gb Bundle purchased with COD : IW - $379.99

same as the Gears XB1 TB bundle for the same week:

Gears of War 1TB XB1 S Console purchased with COD:IW = $379.99

DOATag

Neo Member
So the loonie is worth less than 74 cents now at this rate we'l be hitting 89.99 games soon! YAYYYYYYYY CANADA.... :mad:

This is why I still have pre-orders from 4 years ago for 50-60$ games that I dont even want to play but cant give up :/

Man, I miss the days when I could go to Blockbuster, buy three used games for $10-15 each, then drive to EB and trade them in for a new release. My best week got me three full priced pre-orders paid off for $100. Someone mentioned this earlier in the thread and it brought back good memories.

I miss Blockbuster in general, though. I was a regular at two stores, even rental wise.

Also: Wow, I hit number one on the Wall of Shame. I don't want to do that this time.

BadWolf

Are you going to be overclocking (since your going 6600K) if so Im not sure if the motherboard would be the best choice. I got the same motherboard and went with the i5 6500, since I wont be overclocking.

Nah, I'm just going to use it as is. I don't trust myself to mess around with stuff like this.

Then go with the 6500, you'll save some money. The 6600K is meant for overclocking. 6500 is supposed to be the sweet spot in terms of CPU price/value/performance.

Quick

Banned
Man, I miss the days when I could go to Blockbuster, buy three used games for $10-15 each, then drive to EB and trade them in for a new release. My best week got me three full priced pre-orders paid off for $100. Someone mentioned this earlier in the thread and it brought back good memories.

I miss Blockbuster in general, though. I was a regular at two stores, even rental wise.

Also: Wow, I hit number one on the Wall of Shame. I don't want to do that this time.

I wasn't very big on buying games as a teen, funny enough. I just rented them from Blockbuster or I'd get them as presents.

Speaking of past good deals, I remember when Future Shop and Best Buy had a trade ANY game for Call of Duty: Ghosts, Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, or Battlefield 3.

I was able to reserve COD and Battlefield 3 online, one for each store, before they shut down online reservations for them. lol

Also i dont think you need to spend that much on your CPU cooler. I went with a much cheaper option and saved alot of money. The only trade off was that it was more difficult to install.

killroy87

I will never in my life forget about when Blockbuster first began trading in games, it was when the Xbox/GC/PS2 were still the main systems. I don't know who over at BB was in charge of judging the value of each game, but they done fucked up, because games that you could get for like $3 used at EB would trade in for $20-40 at Blockbuster. I'll never forge tthe rows and rows of Mechassault and Crimson Skies for the original Xbox. It only lasted a week or two until they wised up, but I made such a disgusting amount of credit at Blockbuster by spending like $50 at EB.

BadWolf

Also i dont think you need to spend that much on your CPU cooler. I went with a much cheaper option and saved alot of money. The only trade off was that it was more difficult to install.

This is probably too much to ask but could you possibly put together an NCIX (or another place that assembles) bundle that you think is good?

I don't really need anything super high end, if it can run most console ports at 1080p (or there about) and good/decent FPS then I'd be happy. That pcpartpicker bundle kind of sounds like overkill lol.

I was at the meeting the day our Blockbuster store was told about trading. I saw the values and laughed. Went home and brought back all my old games to trade in. I swear there was a $20 minimum we had for a while. There was at least a $5 minimum on DVDs as well. It was ridiculous.

I will never in my life forget about when Blockbuster first began trading in games, it was when the Xbox/GC/PS2 were still the main systems. I don't know who over at BB was in charge of judging the value of each game, but they done fucked up, because games that you could get for like $3 used at EB would trade in for $20-40 at Blockbuster. I'll never forge tthe rows and rows of Mechassault and Crimson Skies for the original Xbox. It only lasted a week or two until they wised up, but I made such a disgusting amount of credit at Blockbuster by spending like $50 at EB.

Haha, yeah.

And when they would give ten dollars for any current gen game. I drove around and bought lots of copies of NHL 2K6 for $1.89 new and $1.56 used at EB/Future Shop, then traded them in to get a DSi.

I wasn't very big on buying games as a teen, funny enough. I just rented them from Blockbuster or I'd get them as presents.

Speaking of past good deals, I remember when Future Shop and Best Buy had a trade ANY game for Call of Duty: Ghosts, Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, or Battlefield 3.

I was able to reserve COD and Battlefield 3 online, one for each store, before they shut down online reservations for them. lol

Nice. I remember that, but think I missed out on it.

I used to rent from Blockbuster every week, and when they had no late fees it was especially nice.

My Mom would buy me games, but I'd mostly rent.

Dazzler

I remember that Saturday morning, it was glorious. Lining up outside Future Shop with three of the dustiest games I could find

Shortly after, there was an offer to upgrade to the next gen versions of these games for $10 each, which helped a lot of people pad out their early next gen libraries

I remember that Saturday morning, it was glorious. Lining up outside Future Shop with three of the dustiest games I could find

Shortly after, there was an offer to upgrade to the next gen versions of these games for $10 each, which helped a lot of people pad out their early next gen libraries

I still miss my GLEE Karaoke :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom