• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neversoft is now working on Call of Duty.

Salsa

This was known for a long time.

Unless this is some sort of confirmation that they're now at it full time.

Im fine with it if it has Goldfinger music.

Rlan

neversoftad6910.jpg

So Future Warfare?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Tony Hawk's Call of Duty: Modern Boardfare.

Jhoan

It was inevitable; Guitar Hero's no more, so Activision added them to the rotation of CoD developers. Raven is next for sure. The next CoD is probably going to be spear headed by Neversoft or a mix of Neversoft and one of Activision's other CoD developers.

OMG SUCH ORIGINAL JOKES

Anyway they've been doing work with CoD for awhile from what I understand (listed in the credits of Black Ops and MW3 iirc).

They are working on an original IP though. I'm pretty sure it's not CoD from some of ex-GH developer friends.

Salsa

OMG SUCH ORIGINAL JOKES

Anyway they've been doing work with CoD for awhile from what I understand (listed in the credits of Black Ops and MW3 iirc).

yeah this.. I thought most people knew about this..

you sure about the new IP part? that is if you're refering to the "action FPS" job listings posted way back last year.. pretty sure those were for COD

It's been described as a 3rd person action shooter and an original IP. I mean that may have changed but I'm willing to believe that it's not CoD...

Cheddahz

Banned
Well Neversoft has been dead to me since the PS2, they hadn't made a decent Tony Hawk game since THUG2 and their Guitar Hero games were a joke. Farewell, Neversoft

Look at Neversoft's site, clearly this is more important than a side-job.

OMG SUCH ORIGINAL JOKES

They are working on an original IP though. I'm pretty sure it's not CoD from some of ex-GH developer friends.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Wait, I thought neversoft died or something, like everyone was fired?

They had layoffs, but they had a big five year contract due to the Vivendi merger (they were one of the top talent studios Vivendi required them to sign long time due to Guitar Hero) so they survived making a new IP FPS... until it became CoD?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
OMG SUCH ORIGINAL JOKES

You must be really upset Neversoft isn't working on another mediocre Guitar Hero game. :(

Top Bottom