• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

GulAtiCa

5 10ks here

4 Eevees
1 Omanyte

Have another going now. Preparing myself for another Eevee

That is some bad luck.

My 4 10ks have been:

Jynx
Eevee
Omanyte
Chansey

I have another 10k egg on me. I'm hoping for something new from the 10k list or another Omanyte would be nice too.

Dishwalla

Banned
Seeing a lot more Dratinis pop up the last few days, which is good. Still in a Charmander drought though, start flooding the Norfolk Virginia area with them Niantic.

CrazE

Banned
Why isn't this thread in the gaming area? Not considered gaming really? I was looking all over for this 3rd thread there. Lol.. and it's here!

GulAtiCa

Why isn't this thread in the gaming area? Not considered gaming really? I was looking all over for this 3rd thread there. Lol.. and it's here!

It's in Gaming Community. All OTs are eventually moved here over time. Just took ours a bit longer to be moved.

Seeing a lot more Dratinis pop up the last few days, which is good. Still in a Charmander drought though, start flooding the Norfolk Virginia area with them Niantic.

I second this...

Lots of Bulbas around too, finally got my Venusaur but he needs work. But yeah...Charmanders are super rare.

jts

...hate me...
^it's the same as the old password, I can PM it to you if you want but actually...

it's dead jim :(

Oh we're in community now?

Oh.

I never visit communty, It's like toy story 3 when buzz and woody are feeling optimistic about the attic!

"The old TV is up there!"

Well I hatched 3 2km eggs today, rattata, pidgey and weedle.

What makes it worse is that I only have one incubator.

God damn

After locating a squirtle nest last month i stumbled upon a charmander nest yesterday. Now i only need a bulbasaur nest to reliably grind that sweet starter candy, but i'm running out of new places to look at n my city.

Gah! I saw a kabutops for the first time and tried to capture it but the spinning pokeball of not connected was up so I couldn't tap on it. I tried restarting but then I couldn't get back into the app until it'd despawned. Typical :/

jts

...hate me...
It's working perfectly fine for me. Just did a successful scan that completed very quickly with a full set of results.
I see, well I apologize for jumping the gun but it wasn't working for me a couple of hours ago and I also came across a message there saying that Niantic are deleting the scanning accounts, slowly killing the tool.
:( so no tracker of any sort anymore? Wow they're killing the game.
Yeah I'm not sure, but it does suck that they can't leave that alone when the game is already losing popularity like hell. Anyway, as per written above, pokemonnearby seems to be only shakey and not outright dead after all, so if you still want the password I'll send it.

zulux21

I see, well I apologize for jumping the gun but it wasn't working for me a couple of hours ago and I also came across a message there saying that Niantic are deleting the scanning accounts, slowly killing the tool.

Yeah I'm not sure, but it does suck that they can't leave that alone when the game is already losing popularity like hell. Anyway, as per written above, pokemonnearby seems to be only shakey and not outright dead after all, so if you still want the password I'll send it.

i believe at this point pokemonnearby just has a page for you to create a pokemon trainer account in order to get the password.... so ideally instead of sharing the password you should just lead people to that page so they can make an account to help keep it alive.

yeah if you type anything into the password box you are sent to the page asking you to create accounts for the new password.

Memles

Yeah, they're starting to pop up in general water-adjacent spawn areas, in place of Magikarp or Psyduck. Caught two this morning, in quick succession, in a spot that only recently started spawning them at all. But, just two Charmanders, both at the Pagoda, both on lures.

Firemind

46 candies and from only 2 chansey egg hatches. Lets go blissey!
Blissey is going to be a beast with Hyper Beam.

TIL Blastoise has a cute animation where he puts his foot on the ground. It's not as majestic as Charizard's flying animation but I'll take it!

GulAtiCa

Now 3 Dratinis away from my Dragonite! Also 42k exp from level 25. Going for a good run today. So I should be able to stock up on at least 150 new items.

rc213

What a terrible weekend, Since Friday the tracking has been horrid. And every single Pokemon above 600cp around (11 total)berry+ultra ball has escaped and ran immediately. Total bs cause there were 3 I've never caught in the wild before...

Oxx

I've had Hitmonlee and Lickitung show-up out of nowhere recently, so it at least feels like distribution is a bit more interesting.

110 caught now.

zroid

Banned
An update on Pokémon GO account bans

We continue to work to ensure the integrity of the game and the health of our servers by blocking unauthorized access and at times by banning offending accounts. This includes blocking bots, data scraping operations, and banning end user accounts associated with those activities. Some players may not have realized that some add-on map apps do more than just show you nearby Pokémon. Each end-user app can be used as a collection tool by the app creator, invisibly collecting and forwarding data to the app creator with or without the knowledge of the end user. These apps can have an effect similar to DDoS attacks on our servers. Because of this we have had to ban some accounts associated with using these add-on map tools, leading to confusion by some users about why they were banned. This is a small subset of the accounts banned.

As a result of some changes made to our infrastructure, we are now able to unban this set of accounts. Add-on maps which scrape data from our servers still violate our Terms of Service and use of them may still result in an account ban going forward. Accounts whose sole purpose was to scrape data are not being unbanned. Accounts which used apps or websites to remotely capture Pokémon, battle or deploy on Gyms, or harvest resources from PokéStops are also not being unbanned. Our main priority is to provide a fair, fun, and legitimate experience for all players, so, aggressive banning will continue to occur for players who engage in these kinds of activities.

jh

Update to account bans - some people may be unbanned for reasons:

We continue to work to ensure the integrity of the game and the health of our servers by blocking unauthorized access and at times by banning offending accounts. This includes blocking bots, data scraping operations, and banning end user accounts associated with those activities. Some players may not have realized that some add-on map apps do more than just show you nearby Pokémon. Each end-user app can be used as a collection tool by the app creator, invisibly collecting and forwarding data to the app creator with or without the knowledge of the end user. These apps can have an effect similar to DDoS attacks on our servers. Because of this we have had to ban some accounts associated with using these add-on map tools, leading to confusion by some users about why they were banned. This is a small subset of the accounts banned.

As a result of some changes made to our infrastructure, we are now able to unban this set of accounts. Add-on maps which scrape data from our servers still violate our Terms of Service and use of them may still result in an account ban going forward. Accounts whose sole purpose was to scrape data are not being unbanned. Accounts which used apps or websites to remotely capture Pokémon, battle or deploy on Gyms, or harvest resources from PokéStops are also not being unbanned. Our main priority is to provide a fair, fun, and legitimate experience for all players, so, aggressive banning will continue to occur for players who engage in these kinds of activities.

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/update-082916/

today I saw my first farfetched in a gym

Screenshot_20160829_072658.png

built up the gym to throw in my Tauros and I'm wishing someone can throw in a Mr mime

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Hatched a whole lot of 2km eggs, never a Clefairy in it. Is it supposed to be a very rare 2km hatch, anyone ever get one?

Azuran17

Neo Member
Blissey is going to be a beast with Hyper Beam.

TIL Blastoise has a cute animation where he puts his foot on the ground. It's not as majestic as Charizard's flying animation but I'll take it!

Speaking of which i cant wait to get a machamp. His animation looks so bad ass just pummeling snorlaxes. Right now hitmonlee does surprisingly well against a snorlax with double his cp

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
got some good stuff down at the pier today machamp and gengar for new pokemon bringing me to 132 pokedex and got a bunch of candy for the other stuff i need

Yoooo, saw a Nidoqueen on my radar, went to get it, hatched a Lapras immediately before I found the Nidoqueen, and then caught it with one Ultra Ball + Berry.

10K Egg hatching

"Hmm, lets see" *rubs hands together for Aerodactyl*

Eevee

RAGE

*Appraisal* IVs maxed, excellence burned into its DNA

GREAT JOY

"I'm out of eeveelutions tho ..."

SUDDEN UNCERTAINTY

just spent like 40 minutes soloing a level 10 gym. left a 10 cp rattata cause I already collected my bonus. got several thousand xp so it's all good.

Azuran17

Neo Member
Tfw 2v1 chasing each others tail to claim 3 gyms. So much resources lost. Lmao where my valor people at?

I clearly saw a car of 2 mystics trying to duo water gyms.

Still got my bonus ^^b

GulAtiCa

Went to a local park today and walked around there. Sadly no interesting Pokemon or nests. Did get a Charmander & Squirtle before coming home though.

Top Bottom