• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Forms of the Alola Starter Pokemon Leaked [MASSIVE SPOILERS]

Which is the coolest?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I thought a new thread would be appropriate since this isn't official information, but was confirmed today more or less. Keeping it out of the official thread is probably a wise idea.

wHs0OHV.jpg

So, this piece of "concept art" has been floating around since, like, May and hadn't been confirmed nor had it been proven false. I myself thought it looked very good and the designs seemed interesting enough I could see them as being legit, though some oddities like anime characters being featured and the excessive amount of oddball details shown made a lot of people assume it was merely really nice fan-art.

Today, however, a new official trailer revealed a never-before-seen NPC character who perfectly matches a character seen in the leak:

Said character is Mallow, one of the Trial Captains from Sun and Moon. The official site describes her as being an unorthodox cook and here she seems to be using Litten's Final Evolution as a makeshift stove-top.

It seems these are indeed legit, and do seem to be concept art made for the anime specifically. It's worth noting a bit into Black and White's hype cycle we had a leak of a Best Wishes character sheet, far simpler than this though, that revealed Iris in addition to Oshawott and Snivy's evolutions as well as Woobat so such a thing has happened before.

In case you're wondering what the Japanese text say, on a /vp/ thread the other day someone posted translations. Note there's no names listed, instead they're references as "Owl 3, Tiger 3, and Sea Lion 3".

1. Has a calm\cool persona
2. Tightens its hood when its upset or irritated
3. Uses its quills as arrows and vines as the string.
4. Its difficult to notice which helps it ambush foes
5. It likes to chill on Tree branches.

Tiger3.
1. Has a wild and gusty persona
2. Fights dirty- spits ember in its opponents face, isn't above using unconventional items or means, uses Fire Spin from its belt.
4. Has a signature move called Beast\Tiger Swing???
5. That Belt gets hotter the more "passionate" it is.

Sea lion3
1. Uses its voice to charm and or lure opponents
2. Has a elegant and welcoming nature
3. Is very playful

Personally I've seen a lot of hate for these dudes, but if you ask me they're the neatest Starter set, like, ever and I was hoping they would be confirmed and glad that they finally were. Rowlet 3 looks like he'll be the next Greninja easily, and I'm certainly using him my first time through Sun and Moon, but Litten 3 is probably my favorite Fire Starter ever now. Don't care if he's Fire/Fighting (though I'm thinking Fire/Dark), he's awesome looking.

This is my favourite final starter evolutions. But I can say Poppilo goes from trash to amazing tier. I love how fabulous it is so I know I will stick through Poppilo to get the mermaid.

Skii

These are some of the worst starter designs in all of Pokemon. They're rivalling the shitshow that was gen 5's starters. I am so disappointed right now.

I'm really hoping Tiger3 isn't yet another Fire/Fighting. We've had way too many.

Also I'm hoping for something different for Sea Lion(3) too, pure Water starters are about as common as Fire/Fighting (3,4,6). But please no Water/Ice there's already more Water/Ice Seals / Sea Lions / Walruses than you could ever use.

There's something off about these concept arts. I get that the girl pretty much confirms this came from someone with inside knowledge, but everything about it is super off. Like how they call them "Owl 3, Tiger 3, Sea Lion 3" and how none of them look like the style used in the anime. Heck, not even Ash and Co. look like they belong.

I gotta say I'm still not buying this, but I'll probably be proven wrong

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
archer owl and firecat are pretty cool. That water one is pretty lame.

aBarreras

i think they should start doing female and male version if they are so adamant of having the final evolution be so human-like, i mean, i can reatlly imagine litten final as a female, or popplio final as a male, Rowlet is alright. but those 2 goddamn,

the same happened with fennekin, the last evolution is so obviously a woman.

Skii

What makes them so bad?

Well the grass one is basically a Noctowl. The fire one is just a shit re-imagining of Emboar which in itself was an ugly design. And the water type is just Milotic but a lot worse.

I don't know how people are so excited by these awful, unoriginal designs.

i think they should start doing female and male version if they are so adamant of having the final evolution be so human-like, i mean, i can reatlly imagine litten final as a female, or popplio final as a male, Rowlet is alright. but those 2 goddamn,

Females can be masculine and males can be feminine. Pokemon are Pokemon.

Unicorn

I wonder if gender differences will be big.

Rowlet fucking runaway winner Holy shit. That better not be firefighting again uuuuugh

gender is a social construct

zroid

Banned
I'm really hoping Tiger3 isn't yet another Fire/Fighting. We've had way too many.

Also I'm hoping for something different for Sea Lion(3) too, pure Water starters are about as common as Fire/Fighting (3,4,6). But please no Water/Ice there's already more Water/Ice Seals / Sea Lions / Walruses than you could ever use.

I bet it's Water/Fairy

Worst starters ever and I had a feeling it would happen when none of the first evolutions moved me, which was the first time ever. Even the Gen 5 and Gen 6 starters first evolutions looked fine, despite some of their controversial final forms. (Emboar, Chestnaught and Delphox for example)

Definitely boxing worthy here. That Litten final form is an abomination, which ironically was the least weird looking of the bunch. Goddamn fire/fighting again probably. The HootHoot/Noctowl clone might be the only one worth picking it seems.

Best wishes.

Top Bottom