• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider pre-order bonuses announced (round 1, two more rounds months later)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
O77s2.jpg

d4JMs.jpg

rW2Y9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/O77s2.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/d4JMs.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/rW2Y9.jpg

Solo

Agreed, fuck this generation. DLC and retailer exclusive shit has turned me off from gaming in a big way. When I pay $60 for a game, I expect 100% of it, not 70%.

LuuKyK

Wtf @ the skins, they look completely uninspired and boring, more like "common outfit with a jacket" and "common outfit without a second shirt" or something... Oh well.

Kinyou

Hm, so what if I want the skins and the challenge tomb?

What is that? I have to buy the game three times you say? Well that's quite the bargain!

Derrick01

Banned
Haha we're announcing stages of preorder DLC now and not even all at once. At least Steam tells us what it will all be at each stage.

This generation is ramping up the crazy fast. Instead of coming up with unique ways to get people to buy more games publishers are speeding up the things that cause people to not buy. Brilliant.

Wait, there's an actual tomb in this game now?! :O

Just kidding...I hope...We need to see more tomb raiding and less deer hunting. Game was fun from what I played of it at Eurogamer though. Looking forward to it.

Did THQ pave the way for this one with Company of Heroes 2? Or is it a response to Kickstarter's stretch goals? Either way, massive turn off. No incentive me to pre-order at all.

These schemes just seem to be cooked up by busy body marketing types who want to justify their pathetic job's existence.

j066szlVsseef.JPG

Agreed, fuck this generation. DLC and retailer exclusive shit has turned me off from gaming in a big way. When I pay $60 for a game, I expect 100% of it, not 70%.

It's extended to soundtracks too. Want the Bravely Default soundtrack bonuses? Buy 3 copies from 3 different retailers. Fun.

"action movie-style"

How about action game style, yeaaahhh

I dunno what to even say anymore. I mostly ignore DLC nowadays, what I'd care to have is always spread across three vendor exclusives or bloated, overpriced, timed packages and it totally backfires against them for me. Rather than making me rush out to preorder anywhere or keep track of schedules it makes me choose not to buy any of it and just keep the game from Gamefly months later if I like it.

Pre-order bonuses in stages...we don't get anything like that here in the UK. I doubt these will be available here - at least not all 9 of them.

Zenaku

It's extended to soundtracks too. Want the Bravely Default soundtrack bonuses? Buy 3 copies from 3 different retailers. Fun.

What? I've checked and can't see anything about pre-order bonuses for BDFF anywhere.

The game has 3 sets of CD's containing music (an OST, and 2 CDs from the composer, Revo) with the OST being included in the collectors edition, but I don't see anywhere offering soundtracks as pre-order bonuses with the vanilla release.

Sora_N

Best Buy one sounds best to me. But this is still pretty retarded, I probably will just pick up the game a lot later.

Het_Nkik

Art book to one place and a comic book to the other? I want both!

But then there's also that GameStop exclusive tomb, and DLC pre-order exclusives always tell me one thing: wait for the GotY Edition.

xclaw

Can I just buy the game of the year edition that includes all of this 4 months after launch?

inky

What a bunch of crap. I hate preorder exclusive shit, and now you are telling me it comes in tiers! probably "unlocked" by liking facebook or some shit like that too...

sleepykyo

You mean the character model where she's even dirtier and bloodier?

The hunter skin? Perfect for mud-wrestling.

Amazing how Gamestop is a demon for aggressively pushing used games, they got the most significant pre-order. They must one heck of a necessary evil (that and Best Buy joined the used game arena as well).

edit: On second thought, an art book sounds nice (if it isn't digital) and the challenge tomb is going to be dlc later anyway.

Hiltz

This is the kind of crap I'm so not looking forward to in the next generation. Sega's Sonic Transformed racing Wii U edition has a second package deal that charges you extra just to have Metal Sonic and a bonus racetrack. Ridiculous.

LiK

no sale, keeping my $45 preorder with promo code at Newegg. BB covers her up, Amazon makes her all dirty and GS is probably some lame mission that can be completed in 5 minutes.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
How about I buy this used and then the DLC so that it evens out to what a game should cost.

Anyways, Gamestop one is the best since it's extra gameplay.

Art book to one place and a comic book to the other? I want both!

But then there's also that GameStop exclusive tomb, and DLC pre-order exclusives always tell me one thing: wait for the GotY Edition.

Can I just buy the game of the year edition that includes all of this 4 months after launch?

If this generation has taught me anything is to wait for the GOTY edition. Game didn't get any GOTY anywhere? Don't worry, wait for the Complete/Ultimate edition. I'm a patient guy so to me that's not necessarily a bad thing. Plus I can get a vanilla edition cheap enough and resell later for the same price I paid (like I just did with MP3 and did earlier with Uncharted 3 and GTAIV).

What? I've checked and can't see anything about pre-order bonuses for BDFF anywhere.

The game has 3 sets of CD's containing music (an OST, and 2 CDs from the composer, Revo) with the OST being included in the collectors edition, but I don't see anywhere offering soundtracks as pre-order bonuses with the vanilla release.

Not soundtracks as pre-order bonuses. Bonuses for buying the soundtrack. HMV, Tsutaya, Tower Records all have had different decorative stand bonuses. At least it's not DLC.
pop_01qtdjp.png
pop_02qpiem.png
pop_03auipi.png

sublimit

Banned
So they're basically going to take content out from the vanilla game but everyone is expected to pay the same price right?

Man,i love this gen.

mackattk

I really hate store-exclusive DLC bonuses, its one thing to say if you preorder mirror's edge from gamestop, you get the duffle bag. Thats fine, but I hate what they divvy up the in-game DLC between stores.

Salaadin

Is this game not being offered on PC retail?
I want to reserve on Amazon nfor the artbook but they only offer digital PC. Typically, digital games only offer digital art books so am I going to get screwed and have to view the artbook in PDF form?

This makes me very sad.

Top Bottom