• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

Ricker

Shapo losing again 7-6,7-6 to Zverev,damn...so close...there was a rumour that Nadal and Federer would play together in doubles...? man talk about a dream team lol...although they are not double players really.

Yep,just saw they are playing today against Sock/Querry....nice.

jett

D-Member
AG5gq.gif

jett

D-Member
This is pretty fun to watch. Nadal and Federer look like they're having fun themselves.

I'm not liking the score on the second set though. :p

Bryan1321

Banned
I'm watching the pictures of the match.
This can't happen very often my D can only get so hard

Awesome stuff watching the winners of all four slams together

Ricker

That highlight reel of the Isner /Sock,Berdych /Cilic match was pretty cool...players really seem to be into this,which is great.

Honestly this is all Berdych's fault.

So if they get to the doubles decider do they play Nadal/Fed, the only successful doubles pairing so far for Team Europe even though they would've just lost both their singles matches to force it, or do they go with like Zverev/Thiem? lol.

That was rigged/scripted =P, to have Fed, who campaigned for this, win it by beating an Australian player too.

Edit: I want Fed and Nadal on the same team forever.

St. Petersburg is basically the fifth slam.
she's coming for your faves.

lmao. Here's who Bencic beat in that tournament

32 W vs GASANOVA, Anastasia (RUS) 6-0 6-0
16 W vs DIATCHENKO, Vitalia (RUS) 6-4 6-3
QF W vs BONAVENTURE, Ysaline (BEL) 6-1 6-2
SF W vs KALININA, Anhelina (UKR) 6-1 4-6 6-1
FR W vs YASTREMSKA, Dayana (UKR) 6-2 6-3

I follow tennis closely and have only heard of one of these players.

The Asian swing is so pointless imo. No one cares about tennis between the USO and AO other than the year end championships and the FedCup/Davis Cup finals

clemenx

Banned
The Asian swing is so pointless imo. No one cares about tennis between the USO and AO other than the year end championships and the FedCup/Davis Cup finals

Yeah. Have some random 250s and 500s but Shanghai needs to go. Have Paris and YEC earlier. Tennis dudes need more rest.

Tennis "offseason" if it can be called that is shockingly short compared to most sports.

So I've got BeIN on while I work and a Beijing tennis tournament is on. I know this is probably the least important thing to tennis fans, but I have to ask what the hell is up with this stadium's seating arrangement? It's like a bunch of little cubicles with 7-8 seats in each. Is this common in tennis/China? I would think it would kill the atmosphere.

LuuKyK

So I've got BeIN on while I work and a Beijing tennis tournament is on. I know this is probably the least important thing to tennis fans, but I have to ask what the hell is up with this stadium's seating arrangement? It's like a bunch of little cubicles with 7-8 seats in each. Is this common in tennis/China? I would think it would kill the atmosphere.

Its actually pretty common. Even Roland Garros has it on center court. I am guessing here, but these are probably sold as group tickets so that people that go together share the price, which I am assuming is pretty expensive.

Ricker

How about Caroline Garcia...11 wins in a row for 2 titles in Wuhan and Beijing...she just beat #1 Halep...maybe Andy Murray was right when he said she would win some slams one day and "The girl Sharapova is playing(Garcia)is going to be number one in the world one day ... what a player".

Top Bottom