• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vox: Fox News' 5 steps for handling a Trump scandal

I just love the hypocrisy: Clinton leaked classified information because other leakers told us. Who knows if Trump leaked classified information even though leakers told us and the President confirmed it.

Republicans and Fox News are the worst. Its why we are in this position. And yes, I know that will be met with the "but Hillary as a candidate..." folks, but seriously, if you look at the sharp division and extreme hatred of the left from those on the right you can trace that back to Fox News.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
I just love the hypocrisy: Clinton leaked classified information because other leakers told us. Who knows if Trump leaked classified information even though leakers told us and the President confirmed it.

Republicans and Fox News are the worst. Its why we are in this position. And yes, I know that will be met with the "but Hillary as a candidate..." folks, but seriously, if you look at the sharp division and extreme hatred of the left from those on the right you can trace that back to Fox News.

Yep. They've been conditioning an audience for decades, and this was the inevitable result.

Vyer

Conservative voters change their views to adapt to Fox News messaging, not the other way around.

No, I mean specifically something like this vox video, where it pretty much lays out and backs up the fox methods.

On the off chance they actually watch it, do they just 'fake news' the whole thing? I'm just curious how that level of cognitive dissonance is achieved.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
No, I mean specifically something like this vox video, where it pretty much lays out and backs up the fox methods.

On the off chance they actually watch it, do they just 'fake news' the whole thing? I'm just curious how that level of cognitive dissonance is achieved.

Generally speaking? Yeah, they just drown it out with whatever convenient excuse is easiest for them to throw out in the moment. Doesn't matter what facts are - their worldview is so utterly distorted that they don't trust in anything other than their one source. When trying to talk my parents out of voting Trump, they dismissed everything I had to say. The most frequent excuse they would pull out to validate their side was that Fox News was the only ones who 'told it like it was', and that my sources were bad because they came from the liberal internet. No amount of drawing lines and walking them through how they were being manipulated stuck.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I started watching FOX News for a couple of days....just to see how they've been covering this. And this video nails it.

And I still don't know WTF "deep state" means. xD

Non-elected government branches who actually have some power. CIA, FBI, the Supreme Court, and the like make up the "Deep State."

Azuran

Banned
How I wish I could punch Sean Hannity right in his stupid face. The main complaining about credibility when he works for Fox News.

Top Bottom