• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
mythic wod dungeons are soloable on a BM ilvl 844 hunter prolly much easier on tanks

What about bosses with mechanics that prevent soloing tho

Edit: wait you said dungeons not raids, my bad.

Tarazet

mythic wod dungeons are soloable on a BM ilvl 844 hunter prolly much easier on tanks

I was able to solo all of Mythic Grimrail Depot, plus Kargath Bladefist on 10N as an Enhancement Shaman. That was the only boss I could finish from Highmaul, though. Butcher does too much damage and kills me when I have him down to about 15%. Didn't try BRF or HFC yet, but I'll bet they are within reach for tank classes at least on 10 man.

Mupod

Oh I just saw that hotfix. I was wondering why we were getting so much AP from our single 6-7 chests. We had a real bad night in mythic+, teeming has almost no effect on some dungeons but it makes Arcway into an even worse shithole. There was one pull with 4 of those fucking transforming eredars.

Hours of dummy spam (with some help from Auto Hotkey) and I get it in a dungeon, figures. Now someone find the Frost ones cause they look cool!

(I wish my shoulder didn't cut my face in half)

I tried for about an hour in proving grounds last night. I wouldn't bother grinding for it if Unholy was something I played outside of raids and WQs.

Also, man I need some Tier 3 for my DK. Always get outbid when I'm at work.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
As a society, can we fucking stop killing Hatecoil before Serpentrix?

Because there is absolutely no reason to keep doing that and making life hard for casters.

Magnus

Man, are all players in this thread exclusively horde? I don't think I've seen a single person post that they're alliance....?

Was hoping to find a Mythic 5 group for Karazhan in here since my guild (which is great otherwise) is pacific time and plays too late for me (Eastern) to do anything more than two raid nights a week.

Halp.

Killed H Nythendra last night, but dragons and ursoc were too much for us. I'm relatively sure that we're a bit under geared for it.

Sykotik

Rejected on 7 or more mythic +2-3 groups just this morning. I've beat +8 timers. God this is so frustrating.

I don't feel the game with worth playing without a consistent group of people to play with.

Mupod

Killed H Nythendra last night, but dragons and ursoc were too much for us. I'm relatively sure that we're a bit under geared for it.

Dragons were waaaay easier than Nythendra for us. I don't think of us as remotely overgeared but our top players might be carrying the bottom a bit.

Ursoc requires some gear but your tanks could just not have it down yet. Mechanically the fight is dead simple for DPS.

Savitar

Rejected on 7 or more mythic +2-3 groups just this morning. I've beat +8 timers. God this is so frustrating.

I don't feel the game with worth playing without a consistent group of people to play with.

Yeah I'm kind of in this boat as well, got all the Nightfallen stuff done and then WHAM, oh you don't have a group? haha tough.

It's kind of made me from loving what I've been playing to go maybe I should play an alt or do some old stuff or play another game.

Mupod

this has been true of WoW to me since 2004. The most fun I'm having right now are our bumbling adventures in mythic +6,7,8. When I have to run with other groups, even in my guild, I don't enjoy it nearly as much.

I did a pug heroic ursoc a while ago and wanted to shoot myself in the face.

This is a social game to me, if i was just playing to experience mechanics or grind loot I've got other games I'd rather do that in.

Dragons were waaaay easier than Nythendra for us. I don't think of us as remotely overgeared but our top players might be carrying the bottom a bit.

Ursoc requires some gear but your tanks could just not have it down yet. Mechanically the fight is dead simple for DPS.

I think the biggest common mistake for Ursoc is that ranged DPS and healers don't stand close enough to boss for roars.

I agree that Dragons are the easiest boss on HC IMO.

Our guild downed Cenarius HC yesterday and we will attempt Xavius HC and Nythendra M on sunday, should provide a challenge. Speaking of challenge some bosses on mythic+10 Tyrannical can be downright sadistic. Got stuck on the first boss in HoV when healer just couldn't keep up with the damage. A huge jump from +9.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
warlockinmythic+dungeons.gif
fast-animals-slow-children-o.gif

I can't believe DKs have the gall to complain about their speed boost. At least you fucking got one. And one that's not in a talent tree nor hurts you to use.

Mupod

I think the biggest common mistake for Ursoc is that ranged DPS don't stand close enough to boss for roars.

I agree that Dragons are the easiest boss on HC IMO.

Our guild downed Cenarius HC yesterday and we will attempt Xavius HC and Nythendra M on sunday, should provide a challenge. Speaking of challenge some bosses on mythic+10 Tyrannical can be downright sadistic. Got stuck on the first boss in HoV when healer just couldn't keep up with the damage. A huge jump from +9.

Hymdall seems to scale to an insane level at high levels of mythic+. He gets much harder than the others in that place for some reason.

Trying to imagine how bad +10 court of stars' final boss would be with Tyrannical...might not even be mathematically possible without 870+ gear and/or some good luck with buff spawns.

zarnold56

Yeah I'm kind of in this boat as well, got all the Nightfallen stuff done and then WHAM, oh you don't have a group? haha tough.

It's kind of made me from loving what I've been playing to go maybe I should play an alt or do some old stuff or play another game.

I am looking for some people to run stuff in a semi regular capacity. Currently playing resto druid with 845 ilevel NA horde. Have a pally that just turned 110. Hit me up to do some stuff. Really want to have a group to do mythics and Karazahn with when it drops. I got back in this expansion after 4 years off so really don't have an active guild. Zarnold56 #1358 is my battle tag.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
I am looking for some people to run stuff in a semi regular capacity. Currently playing resto druid with 845 ilevel NA horde. Have a pally that just turned 110. Hit me up to do some stuff. Really want to have a group to do mythics and Karazahn with when it drops. I got back in this expansion after 4 years off so really don't have an active guild. Zarnold56 #1358 is my battle tag.

We should have tank/healer/dps matchmaking services, I need to find a tank to run with consistently too.

Sarcasm

We should have tank/healer/dps matchmaking services, I need to find a tank to run with consistently too.

NA ilvl 847 Guardian druid here ^.^ (I live in Taiwan so we would have to coordinate).

Epix

The queuing tool should just show your role and your gear level, not your class. If a group leader invites you then kicks you based on your class then he can't invite anyone else for 15 min or something.

StMeph

The queuing tool should just show your role and your gear level, not your class. If a group leader invites you then kicks you based on your class then he can't invite anyone else for 15 min or something.

Why would you want to do that? If anything it should be MORE detailed and provide Spec, rather than just Class.

adversarial

As far as I know (Millenia can probably correct me on this if I'm wrong), the fight is very similar for the two Ursoc tanks IF you run with the three tank strategy (which pretty much every guild does). I believe the two tanks do the heroic tactics pretty much, and the third tank tanks the bears that appear from the miasma pools left behind after each roar.

Will be headed to him myself this week. Should be good. Should've been last week but we had too many AWOLs for spider-bird.

I've never seen a guild use 3 tanks.

The standard set up is 2 tanks, 4 healers and 16 DPS.

The fight is a gigantic DPS check. You'd have to have some insane DPS in your group to forfeit one for another tank.

Mechanically, the fight is the exact same, the only difference is an add spawns every other Cacophony that needs to die. This is the first "raid" check for Legion. Healers have to be insane, DPS has to be insane, and Tank debuff, external CD and personal CD management has to be insane.

Tenebrous

I've never seen a guild use 3 tanks.

The standard set up is 2 tanks, 4 healers and 16 DPS.

The fight is a gigantic DPS check. You'd have to have some insane DPS in your group to forfeit one for another tank.

Mechanically, the fight is the exact same, the only difference is an add spawns every other Cacophony that needs to die. This is the first "raid" check for Legion. Healers have to be insane, DPS has to be insane, and Tank debuff, external CD and personal CD management has to be insane.

You're right. We went there last night after dropping the bird within 5 proper attempts (less than 20-25 attempts total).

We just had a hunter misdirect the bear to whichever tank was taking the less damage at the time, and it worked out fine. Just lacked a bit of DPS overall (so 3 tanks would never have worked), but that's mostly because there's a huge discrepency in item level across the raid (some are 865+, others are low 850s).

LogicStep

Where should I go to read or watch guides and explanations on how to do the most dps as enhancement shaman? And add-ons/macros to have that help with that?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
How to make anything Demonic: Append "fel" as a prefix
How to make anything Nightbourne: Append "arc" as a prefix

Top Bottom