• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

13GB update for Dead Rising 3

GRR1UJr.png

https://twitter.com/XboxQwik/status/425124591204184065

Time to upgrade that harddrive.

Edit:
In case someone's still wondering if it's really 13:

RZjuCx0.jpg

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Glad I don't have a cap :p

hawk2025

...yeah, this whole "patch the DLC into everyone's game" thing is not going to cut it this gen when they are this ridiculously big.

If that's what's going on here, it needs to stop.

Jedi2016

You think Microsoft would have figured out incremental patching by now, so you don't have to download the whole f'in game every time. Reminds me of PS3 system updates.. lol.

Do they even release patch notes for things like this?

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
That's just stupid. I feel bad for the people who have bandwidth caps, they get royally fucked thanks to this patch.

yeah, i *almost* made a thread about this. i was playing the game, went to the map screen, and was prompted to download the update after being on the screen for about a minute.

the crazy thing is there was no way for me to continue playing without downloading the patch. now, i'm waiting for it to install and i have a good feeling that all of my progress since the last auto-save will be lost once this is done... get your shit together, microsoft!

Nemesis_

This is just a theory, but the achievement list was also recently updated with all of the remaining expansion packs achievements that are included with the season pass.

Is it possible that the patch downloads the content to your system, and when you actually "purchase" the DLC through the store, it's merely an unlock key?

I believe they did a similar thing with RE5 Versus on the PS3.

Just a thought.

Do they even release patch notes for things like this?

One thing I really appreciate about PS4 is that every software / title update I've downloaded has some notes attached to it letting me know what has changed. It's so good.

hawk2025

This is just a theory, but the achievement list was also recently updated with all of the remaining expansion packs achievements that are included with the season pass.

Is it possible that the patch downloads the content to your system, and when you actually "purchase" the DLC through the store, it's merely an unlock key?

I believe they did a similar thing with RE5 Versus on the PS3.

Just a thought.

Yes, but it's kind of a crummy thing to do when the DLC is this huge :(

Silky

Banned
Bandwith-restricted gamers:

ehCNstu.jpg

...yeah, this whole "patch the DLC into everyone's game" thing is not going to cut it this gen when they are this ridiculously big.

If that's what's going on here, it needs to stop.

That's actually more efficient by allowing the service do it itself with every DLC release. Less work for both the publisher, developer and gamer. Steam and Origin does it.

NJDEN

Is this going to be a thing on all the console games : P

Good thing I use PC, granted everything is digital distribution, but at least I knew what to expect before jumping into the party.

What the monkeyfuckbiscuit?

Thats... Thats... kindof a large update. These launch HDDs are going to be squeezed in no time.

I'm already worried about game sizes depleting those 500GB HDDs but hadn't really stopped to consider the gargantuan updates too.

So let me get this straight, there were 13gigs of this game missing...and you deliver it as an update cause you don't want people to freak out about space? *facepalm* Well, now us Xbox users really are going to need expendable storage if updates are gona be of this size...-.-

Jesus Christ! My internet sucks and these big ass updates take forever. Why are they so big? The ones on 360 are usually a couple of MB.

Top Bottom