• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Move Thread: It Only Does Everything

Majine

Banned
Does the PS Eye have to be connected to the PS3? Can't I just plug it into an adapter and then to a wall socket?

Xater

TTP said:
Was it developed with the Move in mind from the ground up, you could twist the Move to any degree, not just horizontally / vertically. That would have been awesome.

Yeah Dead Space 2 would actually really benefit from Move. I hope the support is still coming.

Majine said:
Does the PS Eye have to be connected to the PS3? Can't I just plug it into an adapter and then to a wall socket?

The PS3 uses the Eye to see the Move so yes you have to plug it into the PS3. :)

Majine

Banned
IonicSnake said:
The PS3 uses the Eye to see the Move so yes you have to plug it into the PS3. :)
Yeah, but I don't want it to be connected to the PS3. Breaks the clean line. I have a socket right next to it. Can't it speak with PS3 through bluetooth or something?

Bradach

Majine said:
Yeah, but I don't want it to be connected to the PS3. Breaks the clean line. I have a socket right next to it. Can't it speak with PS3 through bluetooth or something?
Nope. It has to be connected

spwolf

Majine said:

every time you close your eyes, it connects to the PS3... so try that.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Amazon Free Release-Date Delivery <33

Got the Starter Bundle, x2 Move controllers, x1 Navi, and the charging station.

ga11agh3r

Neo Member
Majine said:
._.

Sony, for next gen (or next itteration of the PS3), USB input on the back, please. Just one will do.

yeh, a gripe of mine too. Looks such a mess having PlayTV, singstar wireless recievers ect coming out from the front...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
cancelled my zavvi preorder, ordered from shop.to instead, was shipped within an hour so should be here tomorrow (move/nav/charger/start the party)

Is there a Time Crisis demo? Didn't see it listed on the blog, wondering if its on any of the move retail discs? or US store only?

DMeisterJ

Banned
mrklaw said:
cancelled my zavvi preorder, ordered from shop.to instead, was shipped within an hour so should be here tomorrow (move/nav/charger/start the party)

Is there a Time Crisis demo? Didn't see it listed on the blog, wondering if its on any of the move retail discs? or US store only?

I think it's on the 'starter disc' in the US, but I'm not sure if it's the same starter disc as in EU.

well, since Amazon has everything back in stock for release day shipping, I went back and picked up the navigation controller, and an extra move controller (on top of the one I already had pre-ordered along with Sports Champions).

Fuck me, did I really just spend $170 to play wii sports on my PS3?

leehom

AgentWhiskersX said:
Amazon Free Release-Date Delivery <33

Got the Starter Bundle, x2 Move controllers, x1 Navi, and the charging station.
OT here, but who is the chick in your Avatar? WOAH!!

Carl

Play.com REALLY suck don't they? After having my order "picking" for 26 hours, they finally sent off the Move controller, but the Nav is STILL at the "picking" stage. Grrr

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
leehom said:
OT here, but who is the chick in your Avatar? WOAH!!
101642.jpg

Elly Tran Ha.

Chao

Just got a PSmove + camera + demos.
What a crock of shit, I thought we would get a Move Sports bundle at least.

Did not open the box yet, I'm getting a bit of buyer's remorse, not sure if I should keep it.

drmcclin said:
well, since Amazon has everything back in stock for release day shipping, I went back and picked up the navigation controller, and an extra move controller (on top of the one I already had pre-ordered along with Sports Champions).

Fuck me, did I really just spend $170 to play wii sports on my PS3?

I was thinking that myself as my order isn't far off from yours. Thankfully I had two $20 credits from previous Amazon orders though. That helped quite a bit :D

DryvBy

Maastricht said:
Sometimes people are just wrong. This is one of those times. TTP has put the evidence for this on his blog ages ago.

GameSpot is pretty anti-PS3 though. My favorite was comparing Oblivion. Basically said while the graphics are much better on the PS3, the Xbox 360 wins (??). Profit, I guess.

And please people, was not starting a stupid system wars. Just giving an example of Spot's spot-on love for one system over the other sometimes.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
cakefoo said:
Blunty3000 is an Australian Youtube vlogger and here's his take: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inWVkf4VzXs

This is a must-watch video, because he's so precise in his delivery (comedically and critically) and covers damn near every single aspect of the controller and the games.
Wow that was indeed great. Good to hear the gunshell is comfortable...I wish I had more impressions of that shell though. :(

Ristlager

Here is my first hour of Tiger Woods with move. Played with tour mode on. First my golf hc is 11,3, so I am fairly good at the normal game. First the positive: aiming is easy (I had the ds close, which made it easier), setting up the shoot is good, the driving and full swing shoots are good. But the real problem starts the closer you get too the hole. Pitching sorta works, but power does not match my normal power out on the golf course. My pitch with a pw in real life is 70-80 with a normal pitch swing, but in the game it requires a full swing to get the same result. And chipping is just a disaster, there is no way you can get the power you want, its either full or nothing. Putting on the other hand is good. But there are some good features, you can aim left and twist the clubhead right to make a flopp shot.

What EA really should have done, is to remove the different shoots options, the player should be able to make the shots by just changing the swing and set up. I found out that it was better to always have the full swing on, and then do a normal pitch swing. The result was better than using the pitch option. Played the game in a bright room in the sun, so some of these problems may have occured because of that. Will give a updated look later.

I have not played the game on wii so cant compare it with that. Its not perfect, but so far noway near the 4/10 score it got.

Bradach

cakefoo said:
Blunty3000 is an Australian Youtube vlogger and here's his take: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inWVkf4VzXs

This is a must-watch video, because he's so precise in his delivery (comedically and critically) and covers damn near every single aspect of the controller and the games.
Good vid. I saw a vid he done after the aus press event and he seemed a but luke warm then. Now, however, he can't get enough!
I wonder if word of mouth will sell this thing like it did with the wii

gcubed

Bradach said:
Good vid. I saw a vid he done after the aus press event and he seemed a but luke warm then. Now, however, he can't get enough!
I wonder if word of mouth will sell this thing like it did with the wii

the move is getting a shit ton of good press

Ristlager said:
Here is my first hour of Tiger Woods with move. Played with tour mode on. First my golf hc is 11,3, so I am fairly good at the normal game. First the positive: aiming is easy (I had the ds close, which made it easier), setting up the shoot is good, the driving and full swing shoots are good. But the real problem starts the closer you get too the hole. Pitching sorta works, but power does not match my normal power out on the golf course. My pitch with a pw in real life is 70-80 with a normal pitch swing, but in the game it requires a full swing to get the same result. And chipping is just a disaster, there is no way you can get the power you want, its either full or nothing. Putting on the other hand is good. But there are some good features, you can aim left and twist the clubhead right to make a flopp shot.

What EA really should have done, is to remove the different shoots options, the player should be able to make the shots by just changing the swing and set up. I found out that it was better to always have the full swing on, and then do a normal pitch swing. The result was better than using the pitch option. Played the game in a bright room in the sun, so some of these problems may have occured because of that. Will give a updated look later.

I have not played the game on wii so cant compare it with that. Its not perfect, but so far noway near the 4/10 score it got.

Thanks for the impressions, no one is talking about this game as much as the others. I expected it to be passable but not great, as a golfer, John Dalys looks like a MUUUUCH better experience, and looks like it mirrors the game better than Tiger. So do you need the DS3 or navi for aiming or can it be done with just the wand?

A.R.K

cakefoo said:

very good review...and he is right the devs need to start using the Move technology properly instead of treating it as a Wii motion control clone and not utilizing its 1:1 tracking...FFS don't ignore the camera for tracking thats what make it so precise, use the technology as its meant to be!!!

As expected (because these developers don't suck), echochrome ii supports XMB screenshots... but my Move was just shipped today so I can only get as far as this:

so if someone here wants to give impressions, he may post some screens, too ;)

Baha

I did cancel my move pre-order this week after re-evaluating what launch titles I wanted to play and I have decided to wait till late October/early November when the bigger titles hit like Time Crisis. The only difference now is that I'll pick up two wands instead of one this time around.

A.R.K said:
very good review...and he is right the devs need to start using the Move technology properly instead of treating it as a Wii motion control clone and not utilizing its 1:1 tracking...FFS don't ignore the camera for tracking thats what make it so precise, use the technology as its meant to be!!!

Its gonna take some time.

Man

Echochrome ii is nice.
It behaves pretty much exactly like how you expect it to.
Like the original game I didn't find it addictive and I did not finish the five demo levels.

But it controls just like expected (with the extra touch that you have to hold the trigger to move the light source. The camera stands still when not holding it).

Merovin

Still undecided on getting Move, I have 17 hours to order and still get it Friday, good old amazon. Anyway, with the PS Eye, having a TV mounted on the wall, is it likely this could have a large impact on it's playability?

Man, another thing I totally forgot about this week thanks to LBP2 beta... :lol Just preordered 2 Moves, a Navigation Controller, and Sports Champions on Amazon (yay $20 off!). I had a blast with that title at E3.

On a somewhat related note, when I was waiting for my turn to play back in June, some scrawny looking dude in front of me was complaining about the table tennis controls because he was losing nearly every point. It was hilarious because he kept mentioning he was a high school table tennis champion to the SCEE guys at the booth. :lol

DryvBy

I'm kind of wondering with the PSGrove stuff and other homebrews... when is Wii emulation hitting the PS3? lol

Ristlager

The ds isn't needed, but sometimes it goes faster to press left on it to aim left than to use the move (move takes maybe a couple of second extra) and for small changes on the green it is better to use the ds. But in my setup this is not a problem, I have the ds laying on a table next to my, so using it is no hassel.

Played a little more and you have to use full swing for pitching, and pitching for chipping, and the result is pretty good. But tour mode is really hard for my shitty golfer, and then the short game is very important, and so far thats where it is lacking the most.

But Hoping John Daly can up the ante..

Ristlager said:
The ds isn't needed, but sometimes it goes faster to press left on it to aim left than to use the move (move takes maybe a couple of second extra) and for small changes on the green it is better to use the ds. But in my setup this is not a problem, I have the ds laying on a table next to my, so using it is no hassel.

Played a little more and you have to use full swing for pitching, and pitching for chipping, and the result is pretty good. But tour mode is really hard for my shitty golfer, and then the short game is very important, and so far thats where it is lacking the most.

But Hoping John Daly can up the ante..

Have you seen the footage of it? Giantbomb has a 20 min quicklook up. It looks pretty impressive imo (shockingly).

Hmmm, not sure what to think of Tiger until I get my move on friday, it sounds OK. I never play tour mode and only use the pros the majority of the time, so stats wont affect me.

CoLaN

If someone is interested in some offline multiplayer impressions...

I just played all Sports Champions games with a friend, and it went very well. For games like gladiator, you can calibrate standing side on side, taking turns. My friend is shorter than me and we didn't have any problem.
In games like Bocce, where you take turns to play, player 1 calibrates the Move, then player 2 takes his spot and calibrates again.

It worked flawlessly... i was expecting it to have at least some issues. Very nice.

I agree with everything Blunty3000 said in his video (yes, ps eye photos are atrocious, but it does its job in the games).

NIGHT-

My Ps3 is hooked up next to my pc in my computer room, would this small space not be enough for Move. I really want to get it but don't know if I have the room to get the full experience out of it.

Jeels

So what do you guys think I should go for. I already have the playstation eye.

Two Moves

One Move, One Navi

I'm getting: Sports Champions, Heavy Rain, LBP2

Jeels said:
So what do you guys think I should go for. I already have the playstation eye.

Two Moves

One Move, One Navi

I'm getting: Sports Champions, Heavy Rain, LBP2

Get two Moves, you can use the Dual Shock until you get a Navi.

Probably 2 moves and pick up a navi later down the line. From everything I've heard/read every game that supports 2 moves is better because of it.

Does anyone else have problems starting the Beat Sketcher demo?
It takes me to the "Make sure the distance is..." screen and prompts me to press circle to continue, but then accepts no input, so I can't proceed.

Is there a way around this?

UFRA

Question about Sports Champions if anyone knows...

For local multiplayer in games like Disc Golf or Bocce Ball, can 2 people play using the same Move controller? (i.e. Player 1 makes his shot, then gives the controller to Player 2 who makes his shot, then passes it back, etc.)

Or, for two players does it require two separate Move controllers? Obviously games like table tennis or the sword fighting requires two, but for games where it's turn based I was hoping I could get away with one since I was just planning to buy the Move and a Navi controller.

Top Bottom