• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

I'm getting into Amnesia's Justine now. I have no idea what to expect. This is freaking awesome.

....Portal 2 is pre loading, I am going to have a fucking STROKE.

XeroSauce

When I downloaded Audiosurf's patch, it said "Finished Downloading Accessed Content".

I do have the potato for Audiosurf (only missing Toki Tori, fucking hate that game). Steam is confusing me

dave is ok

aztek is ok
XeroSauce said:
When I downloaded Audiosurf's patch, it said "Finished Downloading Accessed Content".

I do have the potato for Audiosurf (only missing Toki Tori, fucking hate that game). Steam is confusing me
Toki Tori is easy, just watch a youtube video

I don't have "Still Alive" on my PC but i was checking on the Audiosurf Radio, there's a song called TEST -- For Science Nice mix featuring Glados :).

Preloading at 0.5MBps!

MendicantBS said:
I don't have "Still Alive" on my PC but i was checking on the Audiosurf Radio, there's a song called TEST -- For Science Nice mix featuring Glados :).
As far as I know you get the Orange Box soundtrack free to use in Audiosurf, unless you need Portal and don't have it?

Zomba13

Pre-loading Portal 2.
HUGE SUCCESS.

Updates to Ptoato sack games, pre-order bonuses! I'm in a potato high right now. I think I'll buy the other potato sack games. Fucking Valve. Masters of making me buy stuff!

JADS said:
untitled2hv0.png

!

Is this for people who have potatoes?

"Collect all potatoes and play Portal 2 early."

Better not Valve, I have school deadlines for fucks sake.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Lasthope106 said:
Is this for people who have potatoes?

"Collect all potatoes and play Portal 2 early."

Better not Valve, I have school deadlines for fucks sake.
No, I don't have a single Potato and I'm loading fine.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Big Chief Crazy Cone said:
Starting to regret buying the PS3 version... but that Amazon deal was just too good : (

Unless it's already been shipped out, or is being prepared for shipping, you can still cancel the pre-order. Amazon doesn't charge you until it's shipped.

MNC

Chinner said:
WHY DO I HAVE THE PS3 VERSION ORDERED WHY
HEY WANT TO DO A 2 PACK I AM IN THE SAME BOAT

NO I CANT AND WILL NOT

You know what would be awesome? Shipping the game early universally; PS3 or not.

Salsa

Lasthope106 said:
OMG!

I'm also a bit of a skeptic on this approach to get special items in Portal 2, but let's think about who is this benefiting the most. Valve of course is getting a chunk, but the indie guys involved in the pack are getting a ton of exposure and sales. I don't see how is that a bad thing.

Also, the Potato sack is the ARG of the forever.

The indie guys are getting the wrong kind of exposure.

People are buying the games, getting the Potatoes and never playing them again. They are exploiting them with savefiles that get you all the achievements and completition rates, getting frustrated, etc and taking the fun out of them, just read through the thread.

Its a cool thing for Valve to do, other devs are getting money, but sometimes they should wonder if the people buying them are really getting the best out of them. If i was a dev id like my games to be played, not only to unlock stuff in some other, supposedly better game and never touch that thing again.

The whole thing is really weird when you think about it.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
StuBurns said:
Portal 2 is only downloading right? Do we know it's actually unlocked and will be playable?

If it ends up being unlocked, I will have to locate a hat and eat it.

Just knowing that Portal 2 will be on my hard drive has upped my hype.

Wait! Everyone fucking wait!

Do you realize what this means?

Pre-loading today? A whole week before release. We are going to be playing Portal 2 this WEEKEND!

/faints

XeroSauce

SalsaShark said:
The indie guys are getting the wrong kind of exposure.

People are buying the games, getting the Potatoes and never playing them again. They are exploiting them with savefiles that get you all the achievements and completition rates, getting frustrated, etc and taking the fun out of them, just read through the thread.

Its a cool thing for Valve to do, other devs are getting money, but sometimes they should wonder if the people buying them are really getting the best out of them. If i was a dev i would make games for people to play, not only to unlock stuff in some other, supposedly better game and never touch that thing again.

The whole thing is really weird when you think about it.

Not everyone is involved with the ARG, however. I know diehard Killing Floor fans who don't give two cans about the potato, but they want the achievement.

I don't knw if there are people that play 123KICK IT and AAAaaaAAA regularly, but I'm sure people bought to pack, to play the games. The ARG isn't something that everyone knows about. :)

StuBurns

Banned
darkpaladinmfc said:
I think it'll be unlocked on Friday at the earliest, given the clue from the bathysphere puzzle.
Right, I don't actually understand why people think this is exciting then. Thanks for the replies though guys.

Chinner

Banned
Jenga said:
look upon us and weep ps3 gamers

you just missed out on the coolest fucking marketing campaign of all time
i would get the pc version but im on a old laptop and gonna build a pc later in the year

What the fuck, there was an error with me buying two games and it doesnt leave me buy them for me anymore (the button is grey) only to a friend. Has it happen to someone else, never had a problem with it.

EDIT: They appeared in my games menu! It was strage to have them in the menu and in the shooping cart at the same time.

Salsa

XeroSauce said:
but I'm sure people bought to pack, to play the games.

Some of them.

Dude, im seeing posts in this thread about people saying they wont EVER play Bit.Trip.Beat and/or Super Meat Boy again because they were too frustrated trying to get the potato, or used a savefile that already completed the game for them.

Do you realize the kind of loss we are talking about here ? those 2 are some of the best indie games ever made. It's just wrong.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
StuBurns said:
Right, I don't actually understand why people think this is exciting then. Thanks for the replies though guys.

Because it's preloading and they usually only let you preload right before release.

Top Bottom