• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls heads to Europe courtesy of Namco-Bandai

From the German's rating board USK:

Demon's Souls
Freigegeben ab 16 Jahren gemäß § 14 JuSchG Publisher: Namco Bandai Partners Deutschland GmbH
Altersfreigabe: Freigegeben ab 16 Jahren gemäß § 14 JuSchG
Prüfdatum: 14.04.2010

For those gaffers planning to get the game when it finally hits PAL-land, be sure to hit up the official thread! :D

Namco Bandai won't even release their own fucking games in the US and they're releasing other companies games in Europe? SMH.

Peff

Demon's Souls
Publisher: Namco Bandai Partners Deutschland GmbH
Altersfreigabe: Freigegeben ab 16 Jahren gemäß § 14 JuSchG
Prüfdatum: 14.04.2010 USK Nr.: 27475/10
Sprache: englisch System: Sony-Playstation 3
Genre: Rollenspiel Untergenre: actionorientiert

Huh? If true, good move, Scamco Bankai.

gokieks

So Sony says they wish they had decided to publish it in NA, and then go ahead and let somebody else publish it in EU anyway. Alright then.

Now how about you give us Americans some Tales games, you dipshits? >:|

Also this.

V_Ben

Banned
storafötter said:
About time! I noticed Namco are also publishing in yurop 3 dot heroes too. I will not hesitate to purchase this game now.
I thought southpeak was publishing 3d dot game heroes in Europe?

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I suppose at this point a sequel is a no-brainer.

JUST THE THOUGHT MAKES ME SHIVER WITH ECSTASY

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
storafötter said:
My bad, it says here distributor Namco Bandai Nordic (as I am based in Scandinavia), I guess im confusing the two.
Aren't there like three distributors in Scandinavia tops though? I feel like EA puts out everyone's business here. :s

Brobzoid said:
Aren't there like three distributors in Scandinavia tops though? I feel like EA puts out everyone's business here. :s

There are tons of distributors in scandinavia. EA, Ubi, Nintendo/Bergsala, Activision, Sega/Pan Vision, Sony/Nordisk Film, Microsoft, KE, Vivendi, Warner Bros, Atari and probably a large bunch that I forgot all have nordic offices.

Jigsaw

Banned
played demons souls more than 1 year ago,thanks sony/from/atlus/namco

now release fuckin vesperia ps3 in the west

icarus-daedelus said:
I think Demon's Souls not being available to everyone everywhere is a greater crime, honestly. If this is what Namco is spending their time on, then as a PS3 owner I am willing to take the hit for my European brothers and sisters.
*wipes tear*

<3

stalker

I imported the limited edition from the US (most expensive game I have bought in years, I never buy any game on day one); but I will buy this release as long as the edition/cover/manual is decent. This game deserves support, it's so good.

Cirruss

Bah, i only just imported it too :p Ahh well guess ill play it a little earlier. Will the european release be using a different server than the american one?

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
FoxHimself said:
There are tons of distributors in scandinavia. EA, Ubi, Nintendo/Bergsala, Activision, Sega/Pan Vision, Sony/Nordisk Film, Microsoft, KE, Vivendi, Warner Bros, Atari and probably a large bunch that I forgot all have nordic offices.
I wasn't for serious. You try being facetious after staying up 46 hours. ;_;

stalker

By the way, I am reading in local forums some rumors about the game being GAME exclusive in Spain (probably in the UK also?). I don't like this trend if true, very annoying.

Peff

stalker said:
By the way, I am reading in local forums some rumors about the game being GAME exclusive in Spain (probably in the UK also?). I don't like this trend if true, very annoying.

Nope, it's absolutely true, the game will be exclusive to GAME in Spain. This doesn't really mean anything for the rest of Europe (other than maybe not a lot of copies will be released), Game Spain has had other Namco games exclusively recently (Tales of Symphonia 2, Magna Carta 2). I guess it's just a way to make more profit with a small batch of copies which is what the game would sell anyways.

Fredescu

Didn't Sony US say that not publishing Demon's Souls themselves was a mistake? I guess they didn't bother telling Europe.

Fredescu said:
Didn't Sony US say that not publishing Demon's Souls themselves was a mistake? I guess they didn't bother telling Europe.
It was actually SCEJ that said their Western arms should've published the game.

I'd assume Namco locked up a publishing deal before the game became a success in NA.

soldat7

Brobzoid said:
Fuck you SCEE. :|

They really flubbed this one up (Sony.) I hope they get their act together and publish the sequel in all regions. Actually, I hope they don't. I'd rather have Atlus publish it again at least in NA.

soldat7 said:
They really flubbed this one up (Sony.) I hope they get their act together and publish the sequel in all regions. Actually, I hope they don't. I'd rather have Atlus publish it again at least in NA.
Worldwide simultaneous release would be awesome.

I'll probably end up getting the Asian version again, though. I preferred their localization to Atlus'.

Azerach

Banned
Fredescu said:
If Sony were releasing it in europe they would have to localize the shit out of that game, most sony exclusives are localized for even the smallest countries. No point in spending money just to get that money back, with little probability of making a profit.

ManeKast

So happy about this, some new fresh servers to play on. I wonder what happens to existing save games from the USA version?

sonicmj1

makingmusic476 said:
Worldwide simultaneous release would be awesome.

I'll probably end up getting the Asian version again, though. I preferred their localization to Atlus'.

This is harsh.
Evaluate me.

sonicmj1 said:
This is harsh.
Evaluate me.
Ok, that never made much sense, but spells like Total Protection were changed to Warding in the NA version. Protection > Total Protection made sense. Protection > Warding had me going wtf.

They also changed things like Traditional Soldiers/Heroes Souls to Storied Soldiers/Heroes Soul. Storied isn't even a word!

Top Bottom