• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 Trademark And Rumor Round-Up [Up8: Xbox Live Diamond, Kinect Disneyland]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It seems that most of Microsoft's E3 announcements have been leaking out through rumors and trademarks.

There have been so many rumors and trademarks that I thought I would make a thread collecting them all, since at this point, I think we're close to knowing the entire show.

Leaks:
-Halo 4
-Halo: Combat Evolved Remake
-Ryse (Codename: Kingdoms, Kinect Based)
-Kinect Sparkler
-Leedmees (Konami XBLA Kinect Game)

Trademarks:
-Fusion: Genesis (Microsoft/Microsoft Game Studios)
-Fusion: Sentient
-Fusion: Vault
-Fruit Ninja Kinect
-Hole In The Wall
-Kinect Me
-Kinect Googly Eyes
-Tetris Party Challenge
-Build A Buddy
-Gears of War: Exile (Epic's Trademark, Not Microsoft's)
-VC Test

Websites:
-Fable: The Journey
-XCommerce
-Dance Central 2
-Kinect Sports Season 2
-Kinect Fun Labs
-Kinect Disneyland (And About Four Variants)

Game Rumors:
-Codename: Kingdoms (First Person Melee, Rumored Kinect Functionality, Moved To Crytek Frankfurt)
-Forza World (Open World Racing, Developed By Playground Games)
-Kinect Sports 2
-Dance Central 2
-Kinect Fun Lab (Speculated To Possibly Be "Kinect Me")
-Rare Kinect Title #2 (Unrelated To Rare IPs)
-Two New Kinect Titles From Veteran Kinect Developer
-Halo CE Remake
-Gears Of War Kinect Rail Shooter
-Fable Kinect Game
-Kinect Roller Coaster Game (From The Developers Of Roller Coaster Tycoon)
-Big Park Story-Driven IP (They Made Kinect Joyride)
-Alan Wake: Night Springs (XBLA, Possibly Kinect Enabled)
-Kinect Star (Ubisoft)
-Kinect ShowTime (Ubisoft)
-Kinect Raving Rabbids (Ubisoft)
-Monsters: Mass Destruction (Majesco, Kinect)
-Left Brain Right Brain (Majesco, Kinect)
-Harley Pasternak’s Hollywood Trainer (Majesco, Kinect)
-Over the Top Wrestling (Majesco, Kinect)
-Motion Sports: Adrenaline (Ubisoft, Kinect)
-Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Uses Kinect (Found On Microsoft's Website, Essentially Official)
-Mass Effect 3 Uses Kinect (Found On EA's Website, Essentially Official)
-The Sims 3 Pets Uses Kinect (Voice Commands, Both Interview And Box Art)
-SSX Has Kinect Functionality (Website Registration)

Studio Creation Rumors:
-London Studio For Kinect Kids Titles
-Redmond Studio "MGS Family" (MGS = Microsoft Game Studios In This Context)

New Feature Rumors:
-Full Stereoscopic 3D Support
-Zune Features/Services Integrated With Xbox Live Gold
-Kinect Community Site For Users And Developers
-Project Orapa (Combines Xbox Live, Kinect, and IPTV Into One)
-Free To Play Games Coming To XBLA (Dungeon Fighter Online XBLA Seemingly Confirms)
-Xbox Live Diamond (IPTV, Matches Orapa Rumor Very Well)

Official - Confirmed E3:
-Gears Of War 3 (Epic)
-Forza 4 (Turn10)
-Good Science Studios' New Game (They Made Kinect Adventures)
-Sesame Street: Once Upon A Monster (Double Fine)
-Star Wars Kinect (Terminal Velocity)
-Razorfish's DaVinci Kinect Experience

Official - Known 2011 Releases (Thus Likely E3):
-Doodle Jump Kinect
-Hulk Hogan's Main Event (Majesco, Panic Button Games, Kinect)
-The Witcher 2 Is Coming To Xbox 360 In Q4 2011

Official - Potentially Not E3:
-343 Industries' Halo Game(s)
-Zipline Studio's Kinect First Person Shooter (Zipline Studios Is A New Microsoft First Party Studio)
-Lionhead Kinect Game (Possibly Fable Kinect)
-Skype Functionality Is Coming To Kinect (The Press Release Confirmed This)
-Kinect Game From Virtual Toys (Microsoft Published, Developer Of Petz: Horsez 2 and Imagine: Fashion Model)
-The Kinect Games From TGS (Project Draco, Codename D, Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor, Fire Pro Wrestling, Haunt, Rise Of Nightmares)
-PowerUp Heroes (Ubisoft, Kinect)
-Zombie Studios' "Zero Person Shooter" Kinect Game (Unreal Engine 3, Single-Player Rail Shooter)
-Xbox Live Cloud
-Play XBLA Website
-Yu Suzuki Is Making A Kinect Fighting Game

Official XBLA Exclusives - Potentially Not E3:
-Radiant Silvergun (Treasure)
-Guardian Heroes (Treasure)
-Trenched (Double Fine)
-Gunstringer (Kinect, Twisted Pixel)
-Class3 (Undead Labs)
-Toy Soldiers: Cold War (Signal Studios)
-Hybrid (5th Cell)
-Fez (Polytron)
-Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
-Spelunky HD (MossMouth)
-Crimson Alliance (Certain Affinity, Action RPG)

GAF Original Rumors:
-Kinect Object Scanning, Interactive Books, And Education Software (fin)
-Ruffian Still Working With Microsoft (Doffen)

Am I missing anything?

Thanks to GarthVaderUK, InaudibleWhispa, Kafel, jagowar, Kifimbo, siyrobbo, Jtyettis, Brotkasten and Father_Brain for additional rumors!

Update:

Frankie says these are just from an ad agency, but in case he's stretching the truth, we'll keep this here.

Invite: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/...tm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss

msbadge1lmbv.jpg

msbadge2km7j.jpg

wwm0nkey said:
GIANT IMAGE

has the quote "Spartans Unite" on it as well.

Grisby

Well on one hand I like the Kinect stuff since there really hasn't been anything for the system to play. However, I hope that maybe they'll still get a core game or two in there this year.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Does the Aussie board rate DLC stuff? Wouldn't be surprised if the Certain Affinity stuff was some codenamed Halo thing.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Why is there nothing that makes me really excited about MS press conference? :(

except for MGS: RISING

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
InaudibleWhispa said:
Lionhead Working on Unannounced Kinect Project (likely E3 unveil -- Possibly Fable Kinect Game, as mentioned)
Big Park (Kinect Joy Ride) working on new story-driven IP
Alan Wake: Night Springs XBLA title (possible Kinect Support)
Frontier Developments will be there (probably the "veteran Kinect developer" working on 2 new games) working on new rollercoaster game
Good Science Studio will be there (Shannon Loftis is the lead dev -- twitter)
Adding. Thank you!

Fox Mulder

Eyemus Lutt said:
I'm really worried about what else Microsoft has to show, because if it's all Kinect related I'm out.

they sold a shitload of kinects with no games, so of course they're going in heavy this year. They punted the ball on doing anything interesting with "core" first party titles, so eat up more Halo, Forza, and Fable. It's really a 3rd party console anyways. So hopefully there's surprises there. I couldn't give less of a shit about more Gears or CoD.

At least they have XBLA, and they've been doing great with that platform.

TheOddOne

There seem to be two Family Studios, one located in Redmond and one in Vancouver. They are co-producing something with maby a thirdparty developer.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Only Halo CE Make for me... Halo 1 with online would get bought soo fast.

Dance Central 2 should be fun though. DC is a really fun game.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Can we sit down to watch the MS press conference? Or do we have to stand 6 feet away from our screens and wave our arms wildly?

Eyemus Lutt said:
I'm really worried about what else Microsoft has to show, because if it's all Kinect related I'm out.
It's going to be fun to watch demonstrators flailing around trying to play an FPS.

Haunt, Project Draco, Codename D, Steel Battalion 2 and Rise of Nightmares are all possible 2011 titles. I'm sure at least one or two of them will show, though they could be saved for TGS.

Some real interesting stuff in here I must have missed from before.

Crimson Alliance?
Fusion: Genesis?
Kinect Fun Lab?

I know it's mostly going to be Kinect stuff, that's fine with me personally.

Woffls

Shadow Complex 2 is what I want to see more than anything from MS this year... well, aside from Banjo Threeie, but I'm trying to be realistic. I'm just not interested in Microsoft's IP at the moment.

I'm not expecting much after last year, and I'm concerned that they've put too much focus on Kinect. Frontier's game could be interesting, but I really can't see it working without M+KB.

Oh, and Lionhead's game had better damn well be Black & White 3.

Raide

Woffls said:
Shadow Complex 2 is what I want to see more than anything from MS this year... well, aside from Banjo Threeie, but I'm trying to be realistic. I'm just not interested in Microsoft's IP at the moment.

I'm not expecting much after last year, and I'm concerned that they've put too much focus on Kinect. Frontier's game could be interesting, but I really can't see it working without M+KB.

Oh, and Lionhead's game had better damn well be Black & White 3.

Major long-shots but they would be amazing.

Thanks to a NeoGAF poster, Kinect Object recognition/scanning, auto-character creation from a body scan and interactive story books were rumoured, and then somewhat given credence in a Microsoft patent recently made public. Though perhaps the evidence is too weak to be worth mentioning.

Angry Fork

Wow @ how much Kinect stuff is in there. I knew it would be a lot of the conference but it seems like it'll be at least 75% of it. That really sucks.

Hey You

I'm happy we are getting some new Kinect stuff, so I'll finally be able to use it but I want some core titles as well.

Hopefully we get a mix of both.

Effect

Eyemus Lutt said:

It's what they have to do in order to get the adoption rate up. They are serious it seems about pushing it. I'm still somewhat surprise they are going all the way. It's what Sony (wish they had) should have done with Move and what Nintendo should have done with Motion Plus.

V_Ben

Banned
Nirolak said:
Adding. Thank you!

I would make them, but unfortunately, I know very few rumors for either Sony or Nintendo.
For Sony, there's that dance game. Check the superannuation twitter, probably thread worthy, but I'm on my phone :)

Kafel

Banned
-ImaginaryInsider said:
I have nothing against Kinect, but I find it disconcerting that 95% of these rumors are Kinect-related.

Because it's what's new and exciting (and shows up in patents/job listings). You'll get your traditional retail and XBLA games as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom