• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
So I ended up watching Blood Blockade's OP and ED along with some other scenes. Yea I'm not sure how the upcoming season in Fall is going to end up considering how dynamic Matsumoto made the series. Sure she fucked up on getting those storyboards out but she brought a lot of energy to the work.

KraytarJ

Love Tyrant 3
It's still crazy and still great. I was a little worried with how the episode started but they found their groove with the weird commonplace demon penguin pervert.

Tsukigakirei 3
Meanwhile on the complete opposite end of the spectrum things are progressing well. At this point my hope is this show is about a relationship more than the forming of the relationship, and the ending moment gives me hope that's what it'll be.

zulux21

MHA still rocking its place on the Japan's tv ratings.

Boruto doesn't seem to chart though, not sure if it's bad thing.

that's actually not great ratings for that time slot.

Ultimate otaku teacher regularly did those ratings
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-07-09/japan-animation-tv-ranking-june-22-28/.90269
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-07-30/japan-animation-tv-ranking-july-20-26/.91104

as did ace attorney
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-16/japan-animation-tv-ranking-september-5-11/.106561
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-29/japan-animation-tv-ranking-september-19-25/.107059

aka given the quality of MHA compared to the other two shows I just listed it's actually rather disappointing ratings wise. You want something that attracts people beyond the norm, not just the usual pre Conan crowd.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Hey guys, so after playing Persona I am kind of in the mood for a good Anime and wanted to ask you guys if you could recommend me something.

I have only watched a handful of Anime's and from those I really liked Attack on Titan and Death Note. Code Geass was also solid.
Cowboy Bepop is another one I started but stopped after the second episode after I realized it was a procedural and didn't have an overarching plot (I think?).

So I would like an Anime with a good and exciting story. And it should be "mature", by that I mean that I don't want any High School Drama, 6 year old characters and annoying love stories ^^

I heard Fullmetal Alchemist is pretty good?

Qurupeke

Hey guys, so after playing Persona I am kind of in the mood for a good Anime and wanted to ask you guys if you could recommend me something.

I have only watched a handful of Anime's and from those I really liked Attack on Titan and Death Note. Code Geass was also solid.
Cowboy Bepop is another one I started but stopped after the second episode after I realized it was a procedural and didn't have an overarching plot (I think?).

So I would like an Anime with a good and exciting story. And it should be "mature", by that I mean that I don't want any High School Drama, 6 year old characters and annoying love stories ^^

Fullmetal Alchemist is good, yes. Also:

Fate/Zero
Shinsekai Yori
Steins;Gate
Baccano!
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Madoka Magica too, which is much more surprising than what the first few episodes will lead you to believe, but I'm not sure if you'll be fond of the characters or the setting.

Cornbread78

Yeah, Fullmetal Alchemist is great.

Old school prohibition gansta feel: 91 Days

Fate/Zero

Rage of Bahamut: Genesis

Seconding:
Steins;Gate and Gurren Legann are great ones as well

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-07-09/japan-animation-tv-ranking-june-22-28/.90269
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-07-30/japan-animation-tv-ranking-july-20-26/.91104

as did ace attorney
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-16/japan-animation-tv-ranking-september-5-11/.106561
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-29/japan-animation-tv-ranking-september-19-25/.107059

aka given the quality of MHA compared to the other two shows I just listed it's actually rather disappointing ratings wise. You want something that attracts people beyond the norm, not just the usual pre Conan crowd.
It's still in line with other shows like Time Bokan that were considered to have good ratings right? it's still good. I mean, of course I want it to do OP and DBS numbers too.

I dont understand, you like shows with characters aged as high schoolers but then dont want that? A significant portion of geass was high school drama. Deathnote started in high school, one of the leads of fma is a kid, all personas are high school...

I suggest

M3
Guilty Crown
God Eater
Hand Shakers

My Hero Academia!

Gurren Lagann
Fate/Zero
Black Lagoon
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Samurai Champloo
Shinsekai Tori
Psycho-Pass 1 + Movie (ignore that the second season exists)

Well Persona 5 is undoubtedly the best anime of the season sooo. Yes, Persona 5 would be a great choice. Another great choice is to bathe a lot to up your charm for Makoto. I'd say that's actually the best choice.

The manga was already selling badly no? The anime was keijo's last chance. It flopped and gave no boost to the manga's sales.

Still disappointing. It hasn't even been picked up for over here has it? Unless I missed it, please tell me I did, makes me wonder if we'll ever see an official translation now that it tanked hard.

Still disappointing. It hasn't even been picked up for over here has it? Unless I missed it, please tell me I did, makes me wonder if we'll ever see an official translation now that it tanked hard.
No pick-up to my knowledge. Your best bet is probably a digital-only release and even then. I wouldn't put too much hope on it.

kewlmyc

Calling Keijo a sports series.

You take what you can get. The only other "female sport series" people can mention in this thread is the little girl basketball one.

Had no idea Keijo was doing so badly manga sales wise. Figured it wasn't doing hot anime sales wise, but same can be said of 90% of anime that airs a season.

No pick-up to my knowledge. Your best bet is probably a digital-only release and even then. I wouldn't put too much hope on it.

Sigh, maybe our new lord and savior of anime Jeff Bezos will start a digital manga shop on Amazon and save us.
You know that's totally one of the future steps to taking over the entire world.

as did ace attorney

Ultimate Otaku teacher to be the next DBZ *__*

You see how scary this is, they are taking over the world with you not even noticing it! :O

Eh it'll be fine. Jeff Bezos will be a benevolent god who only double charges us for anime. Maybe we even deserve to be double charged. Yes. Yes it makes sense.
suffering pre-Stockholm syndrome

Line_HTX

Sakura Quest could be like Power Rangers, lol

C98X1CQV0AAl4Qr.jpg

So I got in a chat with Amazon about all the missing SENTAI shows on Canada's Prime video and this is what he told me.
I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Please be assured that I will try my best to fix this for you.
Further, I would like to inform you that it's all depend upon on Content provider that the shows has not been added on our website.
I am sorry for this inconvenience.
Fucking SENTAI.....

At least he finished with this
Yes *****, that is why I have escalated it on priority basis.
Once this get resolved, it wont be happen again.
I don't really trust these words, but I got 5$ credits!

JulianImp

Bebop does have an overarching plot, but it doesn't really come into play until the later half of the series. It's still short enough that it'd be worth a watch.

I'll second the Black Lagoon, Fullmetal Alchemist, Gurren Lagann and Fate/Zero recommendations, and would probably add:
  • Psycho Pass (first season only)
  • Wofl's Rain
  • Paranoia Agent
  • Welcome to the NHK

trejo

Boruto Next Generations 3

Anyone else think show is just depressing as hell?

I mean, for all the shit Naruto went through in his youth and for all his dreams of becoming Hokage and gaining the respect and admiration of his peers, now that he's made it he has become yet another absent father enslaved to his workplace, always tired and sick of shit, disinterested in spending time with his family and estranged from his son. The japanese way.

Like a high school jock whose best days are behind him he has now become just another cog in the machine, grinding away at work until death, probably wondering were it all went wrong as he sits in his office all day signing stacks of papers the contents of which are unknown to him, all life drained from his eyes and his spirit broken.

Metal is a really stupid name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom