• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHAT! Well, thanks for the spoiler geez! And you people complain about Peter Brown spoiling the tiny unimportant little thing about Nier, pfff

Oh yeah! I remember that now!
Man, what the hell happened? I honestly don't get it, Telltale's games still seem popular, it's not like everybody moved on. I don't think there's even an OT on Gaf for Season 3. I feel like everybody was constantly talking about TWD when it came out. Man.

I always enjoyed zombies as a kid growing up and for me personally the fad peaked around 2003-2006. After that I haven't really liked or payed attention to anything zombie related. TWD game and first season of TV show were a bit after that, but I think even at that time zombies were overplayed in media.

Oh wait, we're talking aboutthe games? Season 1 was cool. Never cared about anything after that.

I really enjoyed season 1, but I wonder if it holds up (even just 5 years later) It was really the first Tell Tale game that they nailed in their current style and it was pretty different from most things on the market at the time. But after 5 years of them doing that copy/paste and other games doing it also, I'm just curious to see if it is still good.

I liked TWD S1 and S2, just waiting for S3 to wrap up. The releases have happened a lot faster than usual this time around, I think?

Hopefully it hits half off at the same time.

I really loved Telltale's Walking Dead season 1, and I still say it was the best game that came out that year. The only other Telltale series I've been able to finish is the Wolf Among Us. Everything else I'll either stop halfway through or I don't even feel like starting.

beastcast_tshirt_002_banner_2_2048x2048.jpg

I like the shirt design... But as a fellow pastey white dude... I don't know about the color

Question, does Dan know hes doing it wrong or does be think its smell no evil?

Mupod

I got blindsided by the Nier Automata spoilers weeks ago (it's hard/impossible for me to mute or skip while driving) so I'm not letting that happen again. Timestamps seem to be wrong though, 30 minutes in and no Nier talk yet. Maybe they meant for the non-ad version.

I got Ending A in Nier before Persona 5 came out, but it'll be a while until I can resume. I've got at least 20 hours of P5 left based on the rate my friend played through it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
They don't go into detail about anything major, but allude enough that if you really don't want to spoil yourself heed the timestamps.

Antiwhippy

31:00 to 45:00 as posted on the podcast page and it seems to be right because I skipped right to it haha.

I have like, an insatiable need to consume all things nier for like a week now.

Justin

Only about 20 minutes in but I am really enjoying Austin back on the Beastcast. He is so much better when he isn't hosting the morning zoo of gaming podcasts.

dan2026

I wonder if Alex is playing Persona 5 with English or Japanese voices.
As he's talking about localisation issues, I assume he's playing in English.

Antiwhippy

Also the english dub is good.

Some weird phrasing doesn't really make the dub inferior.

Definitely not the best dub this year though, because there's one that's mind-blowing in how good it is.

Xater

Definitely not the best dub this year though, because there's one that's mind-blowing in how good it is.

The dub itself is fine, except for some questionable pronunciations.

dan2026

No I would say the English dub is defiantly inferior.
It's not bad (apart from some awful pronunciation) but it can't really compete with the all star cast of the original.
They clearly spent some serious cash getting those guys.

Awww yisssss AUSTINcast. Listening now.

Fucking bought.
I'm not sure how I stumbled into it, but I rewatched GB's 2016 goty Rock Band video, and man, Brad really has the voice of an angel: https://youtu.be/ItzWRMvHDB4?t=27m24s

I'm guessing you haven't seen this then.
Halfway done.

(even if you don't care, some of you should appreciate #51)

Good shit.
Oh wait, we're talking about the games? Season 1 was cool. Never cared about anything after that.

Same here. Adored season 1 and just didn't care for the rest of Telltale's TWD, it ended just about perfect. The holy trinity of Telltale -TWD Season 1, The Wolf Among US & Tales from the Borderlands.

Antiwhippy

No I would say the English dub is defiantly inferior.
It's not bad (apart from some awful pronunciation) but it can't really compete with the all star cast of the original.
They clearly spent some serious cash getting those guys.

But I don't know japanese, so I really would not be able to tell anyway.

And I used to be a hardcore Sub guy, believe you me. I still prefer them, but if the english dub is good I'll take it because I actually get more meaning from the inflections of a native english speaker more than a language I don't really know.

Antiwhippy

Eh whatever. It's like one name of the worst character in the game anyway,

I'm so used to having my name mispronounced anyway that I don't usually bat an eyelid to stuff like that lol.

Jintor

don't get me wrong, i love tomokazu sugita, but i only understand 40% of what he's saying if that so i'll take matt mercer over him y'know

Antiwhippy

Eh just play what you want to. I feel like playing games because you feel obligated by the zeitgeist instead of being intrigued by it is the easiest way to dislike gaming.

Ashby

Eh just play what you want to. I feel like playing games because you feel obligated by the zeitgeist instead of being intrigued by it is the easiest way to dislike gaming.
I am totally that guy re: zeitgeist. Like I actually get stressed about it. Maybe this is why I never finish any games 🤔

Wunder

holy shit end of the beastcast

In the quest for #content, we've broken vinny

edit: also I was totally into the whole zeitgeist game of the week/month thing until I realized I have no friends to talk about it with

I am totally that guy re: zeitgeist. Like I actually get stressed about it. Maybe this is why I never finish any games 🤔

This new boom of board gaming is also suffering from this. Instead of only playing 5 hours of A 50 hour rpg it's people only getting a game to their table twice before the next hottest thing comes out.

Moaradin

I would play Persona 5 first. I can't stop thinking about Nier and it kinda sucks when I'm also trying to play Persona 5. I beat Nier weeks ago and I can't get it out of my head. I wish I could play P5 without constantly listening to the Nier OST or going down the rabbit hole every time I recognize a voice actor that's in both games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom