• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scribblenauts Unlimited Coming to PC

I'll likely stay up until it unlocks and post some quick impressions. I'm especially curious about how this thing lets me control it

rbanke

Steam = the 20th which is in a few minutes if it hits midnight EST for $29.99 (which I doubt)

Either way strap on your hats boys and girls we are about to see net go crazy with the object editer on Steam and snapshots/streams will abound.

Streaming Scibblenauts and taking chat requests? God yes! Dont' forget that WB let them put the Mortal Kombat cast in this alongside of a TON of DC stuff (especially Batman characters). Go crazy everyone.

Steam store says "This game will unlock in approximately 4 hours". I'm EST :/

I'll likely stay up until it unlocks and post some quick impressions. I'm especially curious about how this thing lets me control it
I'm wondering if you can use the 360 controller for most things such as movement and whatever platform gameplay there is and then the keyboard to type in the words.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Un6XI.jpg

Scribblenauts is a cool series. I'd love to play it for my PC.

I've never played the series but when I heard about it it seemed like the type of fantasy game you dream up of as a kid, like something that's too good to be true and will never happen, except it's real. "Type in anything, any object and it'll show up in the game!" ... that's nuts.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I've never played the series but when I heard about it it seemed like the type of fantasy game you dream up of as a kid, like something that's too good to be true and will never happen, except it's real. "Type in anything, any object and it'll show up in the game!" ... that's nuts.

Its a bit too nuts to actually work as well as you'd like, you usually run up against the Objectnaut constraints fairly quickly. But once you kind of feel them out there's lots of fun to be had inside that framework.

I wanna play this from the couch on tv with my gf like how we play crayon physics (yeah she really isn't a gamer). Is there a wireless keyboard I can buy which is also compatible with 360? That would be ideal.

Rootbeer

Banned
I hope we get Nintendo character clones asap.

bleh I didn't know this was going to be a midnight release... missed the free hat promo... maybe it will go on sale for christmas?

Danj

EU gets dicked again :(

No release on Wii U either for ages. Pisses me off that this still happens.

I was hoping that the region thing was just some usual Steam glitch, are you saying it's official that it won't be available here? Is there a way to get it gifted from a US Steam user?

Danj

Sorry, nothing outside of NA until early 2013.

Let me guess, it's been delayed outside of North America because of localisation into other languages, and you won't just release the English version to English speaking areas because that would cannibalise the sales of the non-English versions.

I don't understand why companies haven't figured out that localisation needs to factor into their plans from square one. Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance.

Jackson

Let me guess, it's been delayed outside of North America because of localisation into other languages, and you won't just release the English version to English speaking areas because that would cannibalise the sales of the non-English versions.

I don't understand why companies haven't figured out that localisation needs to factor into their plans from square one. Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance.

Nope. It's due to stuff I can't talk about until 2013. Scribblenauts and Super Scribblenauts were released NA and EU the same day. Trust me. I want your money. It's due to things outside of development.

Danj

Nope. It's due to stuff I can't talk about until 2013. Scribblenauts and Super Scribblenauts were released NA and EU the same day. Trust me. I want your money. It's due to things outside of development.

Oh. Okay. Well, thanks for replying so quickly and unexpectedly :) it's a shame you'll miss the Christmas period though, I always get some money for Christmas to spend on Steam stuff.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Will PAL Land also receive the TF2 Rooster Hat as a pre-purchase incentive?

This shouldn't happen. This is the 21st century, goddammit! I really hope it's not some stupid legal bullshit.

freddy

Banned
Damn, weird. I was gonna pick this up on WiiU and I guess it's the same deal. Oh well late Christmas present it is :p

mrklaw

MrArseFace

unlimited is still out on EU WiiU a launch right?

Camisado

Totally irrelevant here I suppose but, do you know anything about if people who buy this game when it's released here in the EU will have access to the prepurchase TF2 hat that valve were offering?

I'd very much like to combine my love of Scribblenauts and TF2 Hats and America already has that covered.

Ferrio

Banned
My dream of a ufo colored in fiesta colors, covered in tacos and burritos... and fires tacos is a reality.

Wish t here was a good description of what all the scripting does. Is there one that'll activate on move?

Acheteedo

Scribblenauts iOS is a poor man version of the DS games. You are not getting Unlimited for it.

Well, the iOS version is superior to the DS version in all ways apart from the amount of content, which sadly looks like it'll never get added to the current version, but that doesn't rule out Unlimited appearing on the platform. iOS and Scribblenauts are a great match, but I guess they haven't figured out how to make it a profitable venture yet.

HoosTrax

If someone from the US gifts me the game, can I redeem it in a EU account?
There's an Aussie on my friends list who has it, so I assume that, yes, an American can gift it to people from other regions.

I can test this for someone if they want -- if it doesn't work, at worst, I'd end up with an untradeable game and I can refund the person.

For obvious reasons this seems like the best platform. Perfect casual laptop game to play. Aaaaandd I'm in Europe. What the fuck is this? Didn't Scribblenauts sell here or something? Time to patiently wait for translations into languages I don't speak.

Choc

Banned
So if people pirate this game outside the US its warner brothers own fucking fault and they have no fucking reason to have a tear over it at all

useless fucking idiots

You wonder why people pirate games HERES A FUCKING GOOD REASON YOU USELESS CUNTS

Top Bottom