• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bomba - Wii U Basic with Nintendoland for $300 at Best Buy

Keyouta

It will be interesting to see how this sells considering the big sale point of the 32GB model is the fact that it includes Nintendoland.

This is gonna be like tossing a match into a tank full of gasoline.
I think this is the price they should have launched at. One sku with Nintyland bundled @ $299
Also black
It will be interesting to see how this sells considering the big sale point of the 32GB model is the fact that it includes Nintendoland.
I'd say that the color, extra memory and digital benefits are the actual selling point. You can buy a Nintendoland to go with your new basic, but you can't buy the color or digital offer.

stephen-a-smith-laugh.gif

Seriously though, it's worth it and Nintendo Land is fun as hell. Anyone who says its on par with Wii Sports Resort hasn't played it enough.

It has some very challenging mini games in it and if you like a challenge in the old school arcade sense, you will enjoy Nintendo Land.

I still think its selling better for a lot of the smaller additions actually.
Its also selling superior in Japan with no Land bundle.

Nintendo Land should be $20 max

Very much disagree. That game is better than probably every party game I ever played on Wii, and many of its games are more fun than entire single player efforts that are priced at $60.

Did you actually play it?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

Doesn't it also have the charge stand? I'd want one of those considering the awful battery life.

farnham

Banned

I disagree

I bought it with the deluxe but i would have paid full price the game is content packed and has great gameplay throughout
Very much disagree. That game is better than probably every party game I ever played on Wii, and many of its games are more fun than entire single player efforts that are priced at $60.

Well id put it inline with wiisports resort

LiK

I own the Deluxe model, what do you think?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
These are the only ones I ever see in stores. Have yet to actually see a Deluxe.

I'm happy with my Basic though.
My local Best Buy had an enormous stack of Deluxe models on Monday, not a basic in sight. They must have just gotten a new shipment in.

Saw this earlier as I was ordering a deluxe. I still want black, a cradle and the pittance of an online discount (since im a DD whore) so i decided to stick with the deluxe.

But nintendo/best buy/whoever didn't make that choice particularly easy for me.

netBuff

Doesn't it also have the charge stand? I'd want one of those considering the awful battery life.

With the GamePad lasting 2-3 hours on maximum brightness, the charging stand becomes pretty useless. I have mine in a box and leave the GamePad plugged in at all times.

But the cradle and stands may be useful, as well as the sensor bar outside of the US.

Wiz

I have the basic set. If I add a HD is there any reason I should be concerned about having 8GB flash instead of 32?

Unless you want in on the Digital Deluxe Promotion, then there should be no concern. You can't save digital games to your 8GB flash though (only saves).

MrMephistoX

Agreed I assumed it would be Mario Party with the rest of Nintendo's roster but its so much better than that. This isn't my idea but Ithink a better comparison are Nintendo's more arcadey titles that rounded out the NES for the first year or so stateside.

Vercimber

I disagree. More gameplay in this title than many, many, many AAA titles. Excellent for single or multiplayer. Hours and hours of fun in this game. Many of the offerings in this package aren't "mini-games" so much as protracted, though limited, features.

When I bought my Wii U last Friday, the guy at Target said that after the first week, they haven't been able to get rid of them. They had 28 in stock, and I was the second person to buy one that day. When I did a search for Wii Us in stores on Target's website, every Target in both my area and my parents' area had Wii Us in stock.

There is no doubt in my mind that people don't understand that the Wii U is a new console right now.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
These things were all over the stores before christmas. Retailers trying to get them to move it seems.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Yah Nintendo clearly has a basic unit problem, probably worldwide.

aparisi2274

I wonder if by GDC we'll see some sort of price drop on the basic, or some sort of official pack-in to sweeten the deal and move units.

If that doesn't work, at what point does Nintendo just drop that basic sku and offer the deluxe edition?

I'm starting to think that Nintendo might have had a much better chance at Wii levels of success had they just launched with the deluxe at $300. People really don't like the basic no matter what part of the world you go to, it seems.

Nintendo is having a easier time selling the more expensive Deluxe version. Perhaps they should just phase out the normal Wii U and make them all 32GB with the extras stuff the only Wii U SKU.

TDLink

Before I jump on this I have a couple of questions. Is it possible to buy the wii u pad charge cradle that comes with the deluxe version separately? If so how much?

Also, is this offer available in stores or online only?

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
I wonder if by GDC we'll see some sort of price drop on the basic, or some sort of official pack-in to sweeten the deal and move units.

If that doesn't work, at what point does Nintendo just drop that basic sku and offer the deluxe edition?

I can see them consolidating the two SKU's into one before too long.

32Gb model, no pack-in game, no charge stand.

Coolwhip

Banned
Nintendo seperated the two SKU's too much. Storage differences or bundles are ok, but color being tied to it and all those other extras. Not surprising that the standard isn't selling too well.

Before I jump on this I have a couple of questions. Is it possible to buy the wii u pad charge cradle that comes with the deluxe version separately? If so how much?

Also, is this offer available in stores or online only?

I know you can buy the charge cradle and the regular cradle separately. They cost $20 total.

I can see them consolidating the two SKU's into one before too long.

32Gb model, no pack-in game, no charge stand.

To be honest, I've never understood the necessity of multiple SKUs for consoles anyway. Make coupons for "bundles" and go from there.

I get limited edition special design consoles, but having differnet models seems silly and needlessly confusing.

Top Bottom