• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

adamy

Banned
Yes, because the isolated squishies can kill you while you do so.
No, they really can't depending on distance. Not sure why you're making such blanket statements as it was already pointed out to you that short range charges can have close to zero risk

LiK

Speaking in a Hanzo accent, telling his team he's carrying them all game, asking for every Nano Boost, calling his supports "Heal Bitch", etc.

Basically pushing every Genji meme to its breaking point.

Sounds like a lot of work to be such an annoying guy.

Lifeline

Yes, because the isolated squishies can kill you while you do so.

I'm in masters and I go attack Rein whenever we're doing triple tank. Better than just standing around while one person hides behind the shield. Reins hammer can melt squishes if you charge into a group of them and start hammering away.

I have found a soluton to all those shitty players instalocking widows and hanzos, get good with them and play them yourself, if you can't beat them join them or so it goes.

Jellie

Komaru is the only Gaffer here I trust with Hanzo. I don't trust anyone with Widow tho.

Good Hanzo are god damn scary. Enemy team had one the other day and he solo wiped our team 3 times just on attack alone.. His flicks were crazy good, never missed a shot. Only 3.1k somehow. Probably a case of better than his rank but his team throw when they see Hanzo main.

Wtf really

Do people seriously not know this? I'm so surprised.

I finally got a quick rank on my widow #2,611 on overbuff
woot!

I don't want to bust your bubble bro... but overbuff been broken for like a week now, the stats haven't updated at all for various people :(

Actually, the playoverwatch.com stats are way off too, so it's more of a blizzard problem..

Thewonandonly

Question? Are you guys better at this game while high? I feel like I have levels where it in really really high then I'm so damn fucused I become god like, but if I'm just high I kind of suck...

caesar

Banned
Good Hanzo are god damn scary. Enemy team had one the other day and he solo wiped our team 3 times just on attack alone.. His flicks were crazy good, never missed a shot. Only 3.1k somehow. Probably a case of better than his rank but his team throw when they see Hanzo main.

I had no idea.

And I only trust GM widows lol.

antitrop

I don't want to bust your bubble bro... but overbuff been broken for like a week now, the stats haven't updated at all for various people :(

Actually, the playoverwatch.com stats are way off too, so it's more of a blizzard problem..

Overbuff has a notice about it at the top of the page

i0NaStz.png

Thankfully, my account isn't "clogged".

komaruR

not if we never reach diamond and above
*looks at myself and feel ashamed :(*

l2ounD

T.T cant even enjoy it for a day

Kevyt

So I've been playing for the most part on my main account in the high gold, mid plat and decided to do placement matches on my smurf and did all the matches and got 3141 SR

That's interesting. I've always considered my self to be high gold/mid plat and never reached diamond before on my main account, but I don't think I'm that bad, it's just that I had bad luck with certain teams.

I went 8-2 on my placement matches, solo q. Didn't get carried either, in fact I felt like a very strong player in my team, I played Ana for the most part and two matches with zarya and one time with Lucio. I am happy as this is the highest rank I have gotten so far.

V3ndvNK.png

For reference, main account current SR:

GMPpyFW.png

So yeah... that's interesting. I do think there is such thing as elo hell, and I think I'm experiencing that with my main account. As far as the games themselves, I don't really feel much difference between gold players and diamond players as far as the matches go. It seems to me gold players, make the same mistakes that diamonds do. Hopefully I can get to masters and see what the matches are like at that rank.

So I've been playing for the most part on my main account in the high gold, mid plat and decided to do placement matches on my smurf and did all the matches and got 3141 SR

That's interesting. I've always considered my self to be high gold/mid plat and never reached diamond before on my main account, but I don't think I'm that bad, it's just that I had bad luck with certain teams.

I went 8-2 on my placement matches, solo q. Didn't get carried either, in fact I felt like a very strong player in my team, I played Ana for the most part and two matches with zarya and one time with Lucio. I am happy as this is the highest rank I have gotten so far.

V3ndvNK.png

GMPpyFW.png

So yeah... that's interesting. I do think there is such thing as elo hell, and I think I'm experiencing that with my main account. As far as the games themselves, I don't really feel much difference between gold players and diamond players as far as the matches go. It seems to me gold players, make the same mistakes that diamonds do. Hopefully I can get to masters and see what the matches are like at that rank.

I did my placements for my alt this season as well, I placed 2400+ on both main/alt. I went like 2-7-1 on my main and 7-3 on my alt. I'm not sure if you're on console, but one thing I did notice in gold was, there was always at least one DPS who instalocked and just couldn't produce. Also, the lower down the ladder you are, the more people like to overextend when there is no need, especially on payload maps..

komaruR

V3ndvNK.png

GMPpyFW.png

well the start of s1 and s2 was dumb in the sense everyone starts out with a hidden mmr at 50 or 2500. its especially bad when the season started, everyone regardless of their true skill leveling is placed around there. its only i think around near end of s2 where like say the good players raise the bar ceiling higher.
ie, if the general sample is around 2400-2700, where do you think an above average player will be placed? probably in 2600s.
now if the sample size is ranged 1200-4500 near end of S2, an above average person has a possiblity to get placed to 3000 in the diamonds.

S3 didnt help when they said your previous season final SR will be your starting base when doing placement.

What I think blizzard should have done is, keeping the previous season's SR level statistics while when you do your placement, you get a clean chance to be placed to whatever SR that matches the previous season's SR statistics.
This way, placement doesnt feel like its not worth it, whereas just starting the new season from your final SR is better off.

Well it looks like I'm as titled as I was at the end of Season 2. Lost 3 straight games last night which adds up to a 6 game losing streak and a current SR of 2587. 15 fucking losses in 22 games and I don't know what to do. I was able to climb to Diamond last season playing almost exclusively Lucio and I was fine with that but playing healer is not working this time.

Really considering going DPS or Tank and leaving support to someone else because I just can't seem to get good ones who focus right.

This is tempting me to make a new account, especially with all the BS they did to supports and SR back in the first couple seasons. Even if I spoke out against smurfing yesterday...

What I think blizzard should have done is, keeping the previous season's SR level statistics while when you do your placement, you get a clean chance to be placed to whatever SR that matches the previous season's SR statistics.
This way, placement doesnt feel like its not worth it, whereas just starting the new season from your final SR is better off.

This. Season 3 and 4, I had a positive record on my W/L (both times it was 6-3-1) and I got placed 200 SR below where I finished last season.

Like, I could've been diamond if they had just let me queue with those same exact results. Instead I had to play 10 more games give or take to hit where I was season 3, and now I'm in that loop of trying to break back into 2800 and above.

Like, I understand the seasons and all but seriously, at least give me a chance to make it "out" of my previous rank with calibrations instead of it being a placebo.

Also y'all talking about snipers reminds me that we lost a KotH last night with them having one healer because our DPS Genji and Support Lucio kept trying to flank a Bastion and they trickled in constantly after that.

Some people can't understand what "group up" means.

Question? Are you guys better at this game while high? I feel like I have levels where it in really really high then I'm so damn fucused I become god like, but if I'm just high I kind of suck...

Lol dude I like that you made a topic in OT about this.

The initial high (right after I smoke), it's a crap shoot, I'll do some really dumb things that just for whatever reason... work and some days I can just tell by picking my character that it won't turn out good.

After the initial game though, yes, I tend to do really well and not get tilted for like 2-3 games. Once that period is over, it's diminishing returns at that point, if I smoke again I'm tired if I don't smoke I start to get tilted and that burns me out anyway.

I'll give you an example: One time I popped a Zarya ULT into the air... because I accidentally thought I was Mei (Mei put a wall up at the choke, and that was enough to confuse me). Tossing my ult like that is something I never do with Zarya, but I do all the time with Mei.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MubbhnLIpDg

Thewonandonly

Lol dude I like that you made a topic in OT about this.

The initial high (right after I smoke), it's a crap shoot, I'll do some really dumb things that just for whatever reason... work and some days I can just tell by picking my character that it won't turn out good.

After the initial game though, yes, I tend to do really well and not get tilted for like 2-3 games. Once that period is over, it's diminishing returns at that point, if I smoke again I'm tired if I don't smoke I start to get tilted and that burns me out anyway.

I'll give you an example: One time I popped a Zarya ULT into the air... because I accidentally thought I was Mei (Mei put a wall up at the choke, and that was enough to confuse me). Tossing my ult like that is something I never do with Zarya, but I do all the time with Mei.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MubbhnLIpDg
Hahaha ya it was a good idea I thought ;)

I've done the same thing when I got my elite controller. I was playing lucio and for some stupid reason I pressed y instead of x and popped my ult with just me... Everyone simotanusly on the mic "Did lucio just pop his fucking ult"

TheOddOne

Yeah, I'm going to try this too.

finalflame

Gold Member

V3ndvNK.png

GMPpyFW.png

Yes, ELO hell exists. You can get out of it via luck, a tremendous amount of skill, or both. But shit luck absolutely will put you in ELO hell. I meant to do this same experiment but gave my alt to a friend, I might try it again around S5.

I just found a huge helium gas tank in the house. That will keep me occupied until Orisa gets released. Let me guess, Quick play is going to be Hanzo, junkrat, Orisa+three generic DPS.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Go support - Team gets flank, team gets flanked again, team gets flanked again, team loses point 1 in first minute. Tried to heal as Ana and 1v1 the Dva since no one else would come back.

Go Bastion - Team holds out for the next 6 minutes while I stick in the back. Shooting forward and guarding against the same Dva.

Next round

Go support, can't get first point.

Go soldier - minute left, shout at Mercy/Rein to follow me, flank, get point 1. Flank to kill their Mercy and Bastion combo, get point 2.

Game prior, team wouldn't stick together to make it easy to heal, rez as Mercy. Team continually keeps getting picked off. Soldier with 40 seconds to spare. Punished their Roadhog going too far forward, focused their Bastion, hunted down their mercy in the mess and forced an early rez. What the 6 minutes prior couldn't do, did it in 30 seconds.

Won 15, Lost 7 as Soldier.
Won 6, Lost 8 as Ana
Won 1, Lost 2 as Mercy

It really does seem like you have to be a DPS to carry. More I play support, more I lose. More I play DPS, more I win.

komaruR

Sty's video about playing in NA servers is pretty amusing.
i kinda mentioned the similar feeling on the previous OT. when I played on the EU PC, i generally find people that do tend to try win when they started out as testing said heros but didnt work out and will switch to the necessary heros to win games. in NA PC, people just say "it just qp" and doesnt give a F. Thats the feeling i had from playing qp tho. I haven't touch pc's comp since S1 just for curiosity where I would be placed lol.

*edit*o wait, nvm. sty is praising the NA for better communication

Skii

V3ndvNK.png

GMPpyFW.png

Would be interesting to see where you finish the season after playing a significant amount of games. Then we can actually draw conclusions.

Top Bottom