• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Dmc4se is the final version of the game.
A definitive version.

About GG, there will be another 2 versions (at least) for the game, if ArcSys will follow the same pattern used for GG X and BlazBlue.

My rule is "buy an ArcSys fighter only after 3/4 revisions and at the lowest possible price".
DMC4SE imo. I'ma grab Xrd once Rev 2 hits, no need to get an update then.
DMC4 it is then

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Something suspicious is going on with giveaways today. Trust no one.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Dirt Showdown -- MB-6DB45EE34045BAB6

Is there a trading site for Rust skins, like TF2outpost/CSGOLounge or maybe a forum?
Want to get rid of a skin and I don't want Steam wallet.

Kifimbo

A quick look back at the sales for high-profile Steam games launched in March.

Great/Good
PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - 524,345 ± 20,632
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands - 353,816 ± 16,952
NieR:Automata - 214,969 ± 13,216
Deceit - 45,503 ± 6,081

Decent
ULTIMATE MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3 - 37,210 ±5,499
Streets of Rogue - 27,854 ± 4,758
Vikings - Wolves of Midgard - 24,878 ± 4,497
SENRAN KAGURA ESTIVAL VERSUS - 21,901 ± 4,219
Dead Rising 4 - 20,625 ± 4,094 (considering the franchise, this could be considered a bad result)
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil - 17,648 ± 3,787
Toukiden 2 - 15,735 ± 3,576
Styx: Shards of Darkness - 14,459 ± 3,428
Disc Jam - 11,057 ± 2,998
Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey - 7,442 ± 2,459

Bad/Bomba
Zero Escape: The Nonary Games - 4,678 ± 1,950
Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy - 1,914 ± 1,247
Has-Been Heroes - 1,488 ± 1,100
Danmaku Unlimited 3 - 1,063 ± 929

Too early to tell
Rain World - 5,954 ± 2,200
Snake Pass - 2,977 ± 1,555
Beat Cop - 2,339 ± 1,378

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Lichdom: Battlemage -- MB-BD5A6D8314CB6F2B - Taken by Purkake4. 9 entrants total.
Alien Soldier -- MB-6946405CCF353085 - Taken by Barajas_201. 4 entrants total.
Comix Zone -- MB-82339CD20DC2F2FC - Taken by Natty1. 3 entrants total.
Data Hacker: Corruption -- MB-B2A89C2D882F82DE - Taken by Abomination. 1 entrants total.
Data Hacker: Initiation -- MB-9FADCBB9A6E4966F - Taken by Mavromatis. 4 entrants total.
Data Hacker: Reboot -- MB-C1D3208168FF1B5A - Taken by impliedsignificance. 2 entrants total.
Dirt Showdown -- MB-3B1FD8910ADB0C88 - Taken by mrks. 2 entrants total.
Escape this -- MB-658A5D9CF354C8A9 - Taken by zebez. 1 entrants total.
Golden Axe 2 -- MB-96ABFF1CEAAC433B - Taken by GrinningColossus. 4 entrants total.
Megabyte Punch -- MB-427DA9C0E7E00344 - Taken by purseowner. 3 entrants total.
Operation Global Shield -- MB-7F949C8C30A3BC64 - Taken by Kagemusha. 2 entrants total.
X-COM: UFO Defense -- MB-DD5306AD2504D4D5 - Taken by Valahart. 1 entrants total.

t1491066321z1.png

Repost for the new thread.

sprinkles

Happy new Steam Thread! Though I must confess that I played mostly on PS4 (Gravity Rush Remastered, Gravity Rush 2, Horizon, next week Persona 5) or Vita (Trails of Cold Steel 2, Odin Sphere) this year. But am glad I could at least sink 25+ hours into Nier on my PC during the last week.

I'll always have a special place in my heart for Steam-GAF after what happened on last year's April Fools Day. To recap:

On March 31st 2016, Endruen became a Steam-GAF hero with a Dark Souls III giveaway.

By some miracle I won the raffle(!)... but it was a bamboozle.

Opinion became split between those who thought it was a funny (albeit slightly mean-spirited) prank, and those who saw it as nothing but a dick move. Uzzy would even proclaim that Endruen shot himself in the foot, and countered with a real Dark Souls III giveaway.

Then, out of empathy or perhaps pure pity, dave is ok suggested chipping in to buy me a real copy of the game.

BernardoOne follows up, calling for Endruen (the bamboozler) to chip in $10 and he'd cover the rest with his Canadian magic.

Rhaknar, William Bonney, and Nyteshade517 joined the pool.

BernardoOne finalized the pool after Endruen upped his contribution to $15 (William Bonney is missing from the list but also chipped in AFAIK).

BernardoOne PMed me Dark Souls III.

It remains (and will likely always remain) the nicest thing a stranger, or rather a group of strangers, has ever done for me. I still smile when I think about it. Dark Souls III ended up being my favorite RPG, and maybe even my favorite video game, of all time. It's an extra special and humbling memory that, if nothing else, will serve as a yearly reminder to pay that kind of generosity forward. Cheers and happy April Fools Day Steam-GAF.

Tizoc

Same. I don't wanna get my hopes up, especially with Sega.
You guys really need to be more 'better late than never'
I am still waiting for metal wolf chaos to rerelease and i will wait another 5-10 if i have to; i have a good enough backlog of games to enjoy before i could ever get to play it.

Uzzy

You guys really need to be more 'better late than never'
I am still waiting for metal wolf chaos to rerelease and i will wait another 5-10 if i have to; i have a good enough backlog of games to enjoy before i could ever get to play it.

Metal Wolf Chaos getting a rerelease would destroy the games industry, as nothing could compete.

lazerfox

Doesn't Nier also count as anime? Wish it would be 15% off or so.

Finally steam getting some love from japanese devs.

Dr.Acula

Banned
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1357196.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dr.Acula, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Torment: Tides of Numenera -- MB-A530742BA7918E8A - Taken by trailmix16. 65 entrants total.

NOTE: PM me for a DLC code!!

t1491145322z1.png

I registered and modbot spat out "Bloodstone 007?" This some kind of lame April fools?

Anyhow, good luck, and if you win, PM me because I have a DLC code, too.

Alright guys, now I uncovered why Bayonetta took this long to come to Steam and why it's being teased.

Remember when we said Bayonetta would be emulated on CEMU before it lands on Steam ?

Last versions of CEMU pretty much runs it close to fullspeed. Now what if SEGA basically uploaded a CEMU+Wii U version of Bayonetta and is waiting for 1.7.4 to upload it ? I uncovered their dirty secret :<

two options

1) logout and add to cart
2) use this userscript to enable add to cart buttons
Fake Edit: 3) or what jasec said

then buy as gift and activate items you need (each will be separate gift)

Option 1 worked. Thanks!

ModBot said:
Instructions for bobnowhere:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Guns'n'zombies -- MB-95C6016179ABF64F - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat

lmao that Bayo thread on gaming side is a mess. Some people don't even think it's Steam related news, even thou you get to that site through a Steam achievement.

I'll always have a special place in my heart for Steam-GAF after what happened on last year's April Fools Day. To recap:

On March 31st 2016, Endruen became a Steam-GAF hero with a Dark Souls III giveaway.

By some miracle I won the raffle(!)... but it was a bamboozle.

Opinion became split between those who thought it was a funny (albeit slightly mean-spirited) prank, and those who saw it as nothing but a dick move. Uzzy would even proclaim that Endruen shot himself in the foot, and countered with a real Dark Souls III giveaway.

Then, out of empathy or perhaps pure pity, dave is ok suggested chipping in to buy me a real copy of the game.

BernardoOne follows up, calling for Endruen (the bamboozler) to chip in $10 and he'd cover the rest with his Canadian magic.

Rhaknar, William Bonney, and Nyteshade517 joined the pool.

BernardoOne finalized the pool after Endruen upped his contribution to $15 (William Bonney is missing from the list but also chipped in AFAIK).

BernardoOne PMed me Dark Souls III.

It remains (and will likely always remain) the nicest thing a stranger, or rather a group of strangers, has ever done for me. I still smile when I think about it. Dark Souls III ended up being my favorite RPG, and maybe even my favorite video game, of all time. It's an extra special and humbling memory that, if nothing else, will serve as a yearly reminder to pay that kind of generosity forward. Cheers and happy April Fools Day Steam-GAF.

Lol. I was just thinking of this as I open SteamGAF, wondering what shenanigans people are up to this year. Forgot about that $20 bill I found, that was neat.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anyhow, good luck, and if you win, PM me because I have a DLC code, too.

For future reference, you can attach multiple keys to a single item. Just separate them with a space. E.g. Totally Not Wheelman + DLC: BLAH1-BLAH2-BLAH3 BLAH4-BLAH5-BLAH6.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
I need a clarification on the Family Sharing, I can't really understand this the way it's written on the the steam site. :\

I want to share my library with a friend of mine, I just want him to be able to access my library, I don't care about his.

He just needs to login with my account on his PC and authorize it, right? Or do I need to log in with his in my PC too?

I need a clarification on the Family Sharing, I can't really understand this the way it's written on the the steam site. :

I want to share my library with a friend of mine, I just want him to be able to access my library, I don't care about his.

He just needs to login with my account on his PC and authorize it, right? Or do I need to log in with his in my PC too?

Correct, you just need to log in on his computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom