• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Compensation needs to be a freaking moogle. This is nuts! As someone who works in IT shit is BAD when maint gets extended to this degree. Some data base somewhere is fucked up.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
wait....the game still isnt up ? Lawl.

Maybe they are banning cheater that have been using those server exploits ? Why else would it take this long for such a small content update ?

nobody wanna bite on the trust moogle run like a cactuar dune run??

I'm also thinking about a stage where you just fight as many battles in a row without getting wiped as you can. like that street fighter stage.

While I LOVE the idea of the trust moogle run, wouldn't that pretty much break the system? You would have people getting TMs left and right, spending lapis like water to power through and get all the TMs on their list. Now, granted... some people already do that, I suppose. The only way I could see something like this working is if they created a trust moogle that gave a small boost, like 1%. Or have the ADV run offer a 5% as the max bonus. Still, I would be all the eff over this.

And I think the endless battle idea is frickin' cool. Make it so that you get something as a prize depending on the tier you make it through. Something like making it to battle 5 nets you 50 lapis, battle 10 is a star quartz, battle 15 is a ticket, etc. etc. Make it a challenge and make the top prize something really worth shooting for and I think you'd have a decent amount of people dropping NRG on it.

For TM's I am fine with the current way it works because they are supposed to take awhile to get...I would however want a repeat quest function like Brave Frontier has. Instead of having to use Macro emulators you just start the quest repeat 100 times or whatever and let it do its thing.

Pejo

For TM's I am fine with the current way it works because they are supposed to take awhile to get...I would however want a repeat quest function like Brave Frontier has. Instead of having to use Macro emulators you just start the quest repeat 100 times or whatever and let it do its thing.

Yea I agree, that QoL update would be great, so I don't have to piss with emulators.

Lightning banner isn't until tomorrow right? So after this we just have the new trial...and that's it?

Instead of having to use Macro emulators you just start the quest repeat 100 times or whatever and let it do its thing.

I can get behind this idea. as TM is now, its made for Macros, not people playing the game.

Gumi needs to change this and let us play to get the TMs. Nobody wants to play Earth shrine million times all over.

robotuw

With Gumi fucking it up this bad, when BE comes back up I'm hoping they have somehow added the Halloween event back in. Then I can finally get a decent amount of event currency.

Kouriozan

t1481234400z0.png

Almost 4 hours left, crazy extended maintenance is crazy.

I can get behind this idea. as TM is now, its made for Macros, not people playing the game.

Gumi needs to change this and let us play to get the TMs. Nobody wants to play Earth shrine million times all over.

The solution is simple

TM rolls should be tied to the amount of NRG used

At least that gets people out of earth shrine

Xion86

With Gumi fucking it up this bad, when BE comes back up I'm hoping they have somehow added the Halloween event back in. Then I can finally get a decent amount of event currency.

That would be nice :D been so much backlash after the event now this maintenance. Just got home from work and free now, would have been great to jump into new content.

Almost 4 hours left, crazy extended maintenance is crazy.

The worst part for me personally is that they couldn't have picked a crappier time for my schedule. I will be in the middle of my work commute, and after that is the evening scramble to make dinner, somehow keep the kids entertained and hopefully run down their final burst of energy before bed. There's actually a significant chance I won't even get to play this today. If it were even one hour earlier, I'd be all set.

Oh well. More's the pity. Tomorrow is more important for me, anyway. You know, since I'll finally pull Lightning.

this!
smart Rob.

I wonder if we will get a change to how TM works.

It's still the same in JPN so I doubt we will see a change either. They bank on people refilling Lapis to get them and in turn buy Lapis for the refills. The way they work now is very Pro Gumi/Alim/SE whomever.

You know what would be nuts, and make Gumi hella $$$?

Imagine if there was a 500k accessory reward from Mog King, limited qty 1 per Mog King, with the effect "Increases the rate at which Trust Mastery is earned"

Celegus

Woo new thread! Don't really get a chance to browse much while at work so I didn't make the wall of shame.

4 hours left! Think they'll actually have it up by then?

Valentus

Seeing the good thing, before maint i was 800 in arena, So this delay means less arena fights So that means i can end the week in top 800, that means almost guaranteed top 3000 monthly and another 2 moogles

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Real talk: extended maintenance costs Gumi money. They're not doing it because they want to. Also you know we'd all be the first to bitch n moan if one small thing was wrong.

/this post ranks somewhere between 30,000 - 30,000 for like three weeks

Seeing the good thing, before maint i was 800 in arena, So this delay means less arena fights So that means i can end the week in top 800, that means almost guaranteed top 3000 monthly and another 2 moogles

Silver linings!!

Yeah Arena is soul crushin

I like the rewards but I almost just want it to be replaced with whatever their next great idea is lol

I have learned that top 3k for the month isn't really that difficult I use my orbs every day except for the 8 hours when sleeping and as long as you don't lose you're in. I have yet to drop from the top 3k other than the start of the new month because it now begins at 3am est.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
That would actually be quite cool.
I know!!

While I LOVE the idea of the trust moogle run, wouldn't that pretty much break the system? You would have people getting TMs left and right, spending lapis like water to power through and get all the TMs on their list. Now, granted... some people already do that, I suppose. The only way I could see something like this working is if they created a trust moogle that gave a small boost, like 1%. Or have the ADV run offer a 5% as the max bonus. Still, I would be all the eff over this.

No it would definitely break it. It would just have to be all about rarity. But still imagine a vortex run with just even slightly higher rates for a weekend once per month. It could work!

And I think the endless battle idea is frickin' cool. Make it so that you get something as a prize depending on the tier you make it through. Something like making it to battle 5 nets you 50 lapis, battle 10 is a star quartz, battle 15 is a ticket, etc. etc. Make it a challenge and make the top prize something really worth shooting for and I think you'd have a decent amount of people dropping NRG on it.

Exactly! I would have so much fun with it.

This! I logged out at 290 or 340 something. I think I can really secure the 2 moogles at the end of the month. God they will be a huge help if I do.

No TM farming while working today! Yeesh, crazy extension on the maintenance. Greedy Gummi hiring all junior programmers to keep more of that money clearly.

I'll be honest didn't even see the Mog King part somehow. I guess it could be worth it depending on how much it increases the chances. If it's low then that is a lot of NRG to waste.

Yea it would have to at least double the odds (so 20% chance instead of 10% chance). For starters EVERYONE would have to blow tons of 11-pulls to get bonus units, and then you'd still have to use another 5-10k worth of lapis in refills on top of that. So you're talking minimum $100 / banner to acquire one of these. Granted many people are already spending that, but I think this would pull in a lot of people who don't usually spend.

And since it's an accessory it stays with you forever, and if you had multiple you could even equip 2 at once to quadruple the odds. A skillup every 2.5 runs is pretty nuts over the long run.

Broseybrose

Nice OP Shintoki!

Ok Ima rant a little bit right now because Brave Exvius was the greatest game of all time! OF ALL TIME!

But seriously folks, its the only game I play these days, and I play it EVERY DAY. And the great GAF community is a big draw for me.

Between this absurd maintenance period (Im actually afraid of whats going on over there at GUMI right now), and the events just getting worse and worse, people in all FFBE communities have started to complain big time. GUMI jokes are a mainstay meme. Some have already quit the game (Chilly!), and more will follow.

I cant stress enough how much I hate to see this happen. The more of my GAF friends who leave the game (taking their OP Luneths and Lightnings with them) the less fun the game will be for me.

I dont want to worry every time there is an update. I want to feel good about the hands my favorite game is in, especially if theyre hoping to get money out of me. I want to feel like Brave Exvius has its best days ahead of it and not behind it. I want events to be fun, and great rewards abundant!

So basically this all boils down to one thing: GUMI, GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!

/rant

Nice OP Shintoki!

Ok Ima rant a little bit right now because Brave Exvius was the greatest game of all time! OF ALL TIME!

But seriously folks, its the only game I play these days, and I play it EVERY DAY. And the great GAF community is a big draw for me.

Between this absurd maintenance period (Im actually afraid of whats going on over there at GUMI right now), and the events just getting worse and worse, people in all FFBE communities have started to complain big time. GUMI jokes are a mainstay meme. Some have already quit the game (Chilly!), and more will follow.

I cant stress enough how much I hate to see this happen. The more of my GAF friends who leave the game (taking their OP Luneths and Lightnings with them) the less fun the game will be for me.

I dont want to worry every time there is an update. I want to feel good about the hands my favorite game is in, especially if theyre hoping to get money out of me. I want to feel like Brave Exvius has its best days ahead of it and not behind it. I want events to be fun, and great rewards abundant!

So basically this all boils down to one thing: GUMI, GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!

/rant

Yeah its ok

I like it cuz

- Its convenient

- Has awesome sprites and animation

- Has decent combat and turn based mechanics/depth. Scratches that old scholl itch ya know

It doesnt hold a candle to heavy hitting games but its on my phone so who cares.

Nikokuno

Gumi gimme some free lapis please, I never wait so long for a fucking maintenance ever and I played WOW and FF XIV...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So how many hours until the game will be up ? Already 8pm here and its been offline the whole day.

udca

It's probably already been discussed, but I thought having opposing element weapons would cancel each other out, but I'm not sure how it works.

I have a death scythe equipped (dark damage) and a gungir and tried attacking a Cecil. He resisted, but I still managed to do quite a bit of damage.

Then I tried replacing my gungir with an Excalibur and I only did a tiny amount of damage. So from what I understand, since Cecil fully resists holy, let's say he resists 30% dark. There's an difference calculated between the two, so 100-30 = he resists 70% of the damage?

Rootbeer

Banned
They give us this terrible FFXIII event with drop rates bad enough to give you nightmares, followed up by the longest maintenance I've ever experienced in an online game... everyone is antsy to get back in just so they can return to the terrible drop rates. Even with Lightning they are so low you'll have to grind the event non stop just to get her Materia by next weekend

#fuckgumi

I mean, that's assuming you even have a Lightning. And if you don't? you're in even worse shape this event

They give us this terrible FFXIII event with drop rates bad enough to give you nightmares, followed up by the longest maintenance I've ever experienced in an online game... everyone is antsy to get back in just so they can return to the terrible drop rates. Even with Lightning they are so low you'll have to grind the event non stop just to get her Materia by next weekend

#fuckgumi

Would be funny if the drop rates are really high now, and the entire last week was just a ploy to get everyone to spend a bunch of lapis refilling and pulling useless units before the "real" drop rate kicked in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom