• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Pokemon Diamond/Pearl scans

this might be the first pokemon game I play seriously since blue/red/yellow

or I'll wait for the third one of this generation

Soul4ger

temjin said:
Awesome.

So, what do all of these scans mean?

If I translated correctly, I think this game lets you choose a boy or a girl for your character, then you pick a monster, and travel around, battling other trainers, gathering information on a bunch of monsters, and collecting them. Then, you can use your collection to battle friends, or trade with them to get hard-to-find monsters. I think I translated correctly.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
flipping_heck said:
Very awesome scans.. Pokemon Wifi battle confirmed. The whole world is owned!!!
Anything about a Wii connectivity? That would the ultimate combo.

ShinNL

Soul4ger said:
If I translated correctly, I think this game lets you choose a boy or a girl for your character, then you pick a monster, and travel around, battling other trainers, gathering information on a bunch of monsters, and collecting them. Then, you can use your collection to battle friends, or trade with them to get hard-to-find monsters. I think I translated correctly.
Wow...

LOL i cant read japanese but basing it on what i can see.. i see Wifi logo + Battle Screen = Wifi Battle confirmation.

Didn't Iwata say that there would be a connection between Pokemon D/P and Pokemon revolution?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
They already said you can use D/P and the DS to have and control battles in Pokemon Wii.

That said I'm pretty disappointed with some of the UI. They just took it and stuck it on the touch screen. And the screen where you check your party... what a waste of the bottom screen...

HomShaBom

Banned
jj984jj said:
They already said you can use D/P and the DS to have and control battles in Pokemon Wii.

That said I'm pretty disappointed with some of the UI. They just took it and stuck it on the touch screen. And the screen where you check your party... what a waste of the bottom screen...

They don't even have to try to sell millions. Whatever they do, it will still sell.

Adagio

Soul4ger said:
Perfect!

Soul4ger said:
INNOVATION

ivysaur12

Banned
It looks nice. It may not be the best looking DS game, but it looks like we're going to have a lot of room for battling on the top screen, and the effects seem to look nice. I guess we won't know until we play it.

Oh, and the new Pokémon look great.

EDIT: From serebii.net:

- September 28th, 2006 is the release date (PSP goodbye)
- Legendary Pokémon are Diarugu (for Diamond) and Parukia (for Pearl)
- Diarugu is a time ruling Pokémon, Parukia is a space ruling Pokémon
- Chieriumu is the pink flower thing, Pachirissu is the blue squirrel, and Dorapion is the purple rock snake thing
- The new evil team is Team Galaxy

Neomoto

lol. Nintendo is serious this time..

- Final Fantasy III DS Lite bundle pack (with DS Lite FF III special edition)

- Winning Eleven DS Lite BLACK (yeah that's right, Black DS Lite will be released in Japan) bundle pack (with Black DS Lite Winning Eleven special edition)

- New DS Lite Noble Pink colour (and Black)

- Pokemon Pearl/Diamond probably with bundle pack AND two new colours

You hear that? It's the sound of Nintendo coming to kick some Japanese ass. And that's nog even including the dominance in Japan right now.

Scans look great btw, can't wait for this game.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Neomoto said:
lol. Nintendo is serious this time..

- Final Fantasy III DS Lite bundle pack (with DS Lite FF III special edition)

- Winning Eleven DS Lite BLACK (yeah that's right, Black DS Lite will be released in Japan) bundle pack (with Black DS Lite Winning Eleven special edition)

- New DS Lite Noble Pink colour (and Black)

- Pokemon Pearl/Diamond probably with bundle pack AND two new colours

You hear that? It's the sound of Nintendo coming to kick some Japanese ass. And that's nog even including the dominance in Japan right now.

Scans look great btw, can't wait for this game.
That's wrong, that scan was fake.

RaidenZR

Zilch said:
Nice. The monster designs look prett decent.

Was there every any question that it wouldn't be?

The translation notes above worry me, is all. I could see this being a more Colisseum-type experience out of nowhere and then I would be kind of disappointed.

Neomoto

jj984jj said:
That's wrong, that scan was fake.
Ah, sorry about that then. But beside the scan there were rumours to, so maybe they'll do it (and they are doing it with Konami and Square Enix (special edition but still)) but I guess we'll have to wait and see :)

Zilch

Banned
RaidenZR said:
The translation notes above worry me, is all. I could see this being a more Colisseum-type experience out of nowhere and then I would be kind of disappointed.

It will be a normal Pokemon RPG just like every 'main' Pokemon game since 1996. Honestly there's nothing to worry about.

1zpqp8z.jpg

Is this artwork? Looks abit like a FMV(?).

Xrenity

Soul4ger said:
I can't read Japanese, but this is exactly how I would translate it.

I seriously hope you can finally scream PIKACHUUUU I CHOOSE YOUUUUU!!! into the mic.

Xrenity said:
I can't read Japanese, but this is exactly how I would translate it.

I seriously hope you can finally scream PIKACHUUUU I CHOOSE YOUUUUU!!! into the mic.
i just hope that that is necessary and obligatory for every time you send a monster out. and also for attacks

imagine the possibilitesss...

{in the toilet}
GO WURMPLE!!!
USE HARDEN!!!

edit: in before nerds, i know wurmple cannot use harden, it was a joke, k?

No.1

Sounds pretty cool. Slightly disappointed with not so much of a graphical leap, but the Wi-Fi is where the enjoyment is going to be.

tehrafe

Looks really cool, although some screens made me think it's a remake of red/blue with these graphics xD

Any word on the English version? (I hope it's still this year?)

Yoboman

Come on, why are a Pokemon games sooo far behind the technological curve? Is it so hard to keep up with graphics that were being done less than a decade ago?

Zilch

Banned
Yoboman said:
Come on, why are a Pokemon games sooo far behind the technological curve? Is it so hard to keep up with graphics that were being done less than a decade ago?

I believe the simplistic style is done on purpose. They are not aiming for anything realistic or extremely detailed.

Yoboman said:

I've always assumed it's kind of intentional to keep the games regognisable to the audience. But there's really not that much more they need to do with it, really. A few nice effects in battle perhaps.

Top Bottom